Extremist stab a store owner who looked 'Arab'

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
MARTIN COUNTY, FL -- The Martin County Sheriff's Office arrested a man Wednesday for stabbing a Stuart business owner because he said he thought he was "Arab."

Deputies say Jeremiah Hendrix is being charged with a hate crime and is being held on a $40,000 bond.

The owner of the Family Discount Dollar store on Dixie Highway in Stuart, Shinoy Mailackel, is recovering with 12 stitches in his arm.

He says what Hendrix did not know is that he is not an Arab.

"He probably thinks that because of my skin color that I am an Arab, but I'm not an Arab," Mailackel said.
Martin County man charged with hate crime, stabbing store owner who looked 'Arab'

Ok, from wptv , now what makes them think it was due to his nationality?-

A female cashier, Varsha Patel, was ringing up his items.

Patel told deputies Hendrix was upset about the taxes on his items and said, “You guys are trying to rob me.” Then, deputies say he told Patel, “I’ll take care of you later.”

wptv_jeremiah_emmanuel_hendrix_1492722310972_58613022_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Picture of the assailant

MARTIN COUNTY, FL -- The Martin County Sheriff's Office arrested a man Wednesday for stabbing a Stuart business owner because he said he thought he was "Arab."

Deputies say Jeremiah Hendrix is being charged with a hate crime and is being held on a $40,000 bond.

The owner of the Family Discount Dollar store on Dixie Highway in Stuart, Shinoy Mailackel, is recovering with 12 stitches in his arm.

He says what Hendrix did not know is that he is not an Arab.

"He probably thinks that because of my skin color that I am an Arab, but I'm not an Arab," Mailackel said.
Martin County man charged with hate crime, stabbing store owner who looked 'Arab'
So what's the problem? :dunno:

Forum List

Back