Explosion in Oslo

Police are saying that the Nordic looking person arrested on the island had previously been seen in Oslo giving rise to speculation that he might have done both.

Police have confirmed 9 or maybe 10 dead on island and I am not sure whether it was the island or Oslo but he spoke of in the region of 100 injured.

BBC said 20 to 25 killed at Youth camp. A far right group is among the suspects and the bombing being done at a time when most people were off work does not go with how Al Qaeda usually work.

The are also considering a Libyan connection but think that is unlikely.

Every single leftie and Islamic Terrorist Sypathizer is PRAYING that this can be somehow pegged on the right.

Does Norway even have a "Right" anymore?[/QUOTE

try not to be a fucking idiot.....it doesnt matter if it was right or left or middle...people died ....try not to make a political issue of it..

A terror group, Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami, or the Helpers of the Global Jihad, issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack, according to Will McCants, a terrorism analyst at C.N.A., a research institute that studies terrorism. The message said the attack was a response to Norwegian forces’ presence in Afghanistan and to unspecified insults to the Prophet Muhammad. “We have warned since the Stockholm raid of more operations,” the group said, according to Mr. McCants’ translation, apparently referring to a bombing in Sweden in December 2010. “What you see is only the beginning, and there is more to come.” The claim could not be confirmed. It is not uncommon for terrorist groups to advance claims of responsibility for high-profile attacks, only to have the claims prove to be spurious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html?_r=1&hp

why not wait for the evidence to come in before any judgements are made....the shooter of the kids....that just shocks me....i never understand the desire to kill

A terror group, Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami, or the Helpers of the Global Jihad, issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack, according to Will McCants, a terrorism analyst at C.N.A., a research institute that studies terrorism. The message said the attack was a response to Norwegian forces’ presence in Afghanistan and to unspecified insults to the Prophet Muhammad. “We have warned since the Stockholm raid of more operations,” the group said, according to Mr. McCants’ translation, apparently referring to a bombing in Sweden in December 2010. “What you see is only the beginning, and there is more to come.” The claim could not be confirmed. It is not uncommon for terrorist groups to advance claims of responsibility for high-profile attacks, only to have the claims prove to be spurious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html?_r=1&hp

This seems to have been as a hoax. Jonathan Paris certainly confirmed that.

The man arrested is reported to be 6ft tall, blonde and spoke Norwegian.

Simen Braende Mortensen, a guard on the boat to Utoya Island, told VG newspaper he saw a man, aged between 30 to 40-years-old, in a police uniform and bulletproof vest drive on to the boat in a silver van.

He apparently had a pistol and a rifle with telescopic sight, had a Norwegian look and spoke in a common eastern dialect.

Read more: MASSACRE AT KIDS' CAMP: More than 30 dead as terrorist opens fire at Norwegian summer camp and car bomb devastates Oslo | Mail Online
The justice minister has just confirmed the suspect arrested today at the youth camp in Utoeya was Norwegian.

Last edited:
Exactly. This is a message board. We opine and speculate on the news. And we never have ALL the facts - esp. when it comes to complex security matters.

Shooting children does not surprise me. That's what evildoers do.

Heard on the radio that now it looks like the gunman was also the one who set off the bomb and he went to the island under the pretext of telling the campers what was going on in Oslo before he started shooting them.

the death toll is from the island shootings....

now saying 30 or more but the number is bouncing up and down....a lot of the kids are in hiding...

The police there have also reported unexploded explosives on the island. Or a reporter reported that the police said that.

Police are saying that the Nordic looking person arrested on the island had previously been seen in Oslo giving rise to speculation that he might have done both.

Police have confirmed 9 or maybe 10 dead on island and I am not sure whether it was the island or Oslo but he spoke of in the region of 100 injured.

i can't neg you again! Funny how you still produce no sources and all the major news network aren't stating anything on it!

Slaughter at youth camp too...
:eek:
Norway ripped by Oslo bomb, youth camp shootings
Jul 22,`11 - Norway's peace was shattered twice Friday when a bomb ripped open buildings in the heart of its government and a man dressed as a police officer gunned down youths at a summer camp. Police linked one Norwegian to both attacks, which killed a total of at least 16 people in nation's worst violence since World War II.
Police said they did not know the motive or whether the attacks were the work of one person or a terrorist group, but Justice Minister Knut Storberget said the man who opened fire at the youth camp is Norwegian. In Oslo, the capital and the city where the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded, the bombing left a square covered in twisted metal, shattered glass, documents expelled from surrounding buildings and a dust-fogged scene that reminded one visitor from New York of Sept. 11. Ian Dutton, who was in a nearby hotel, people "just covered in rubble" were walking through "a fog of debris."

"It wasn't any sort of a panic," he said, "It was really just people in disbelief and shock." Later at Utoya island, some 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest, hundreds of youths at a camp where the prime minister had been scheduled to speak Saturday ran in terror and even tried swimming to safety as the gunman fired. Emilie Bersaas, identified by Sky News television as one of the youths on the island, said she ran inside a school building and hid under a bed. "At one point the shooting was very, very close (to) the building, I think actually it actually hit the building one time, and the people in the next room screamed very loud," she said.

"I laid under the bed for two hours and then the police smashed a window and came in," Bersaas said. "It seems kind of unreal, especially in Norway. This is not something that could happen here." Police said seven people died in the Oslo blast, and another 9 or 10 people were killed at the camp, which was organized by the youth wing of the ruling Labor Party. Acting national Police Chief Sveinung Sponheim said a man was arrested in the shooting, and the suspect had been observed in Oslo before the explosion there. Police did not immediately say how much time elapsed between the bombing and the camp attack. Sponheim said the camp shooter "wore a sweater with a police sign on it. I can confirm that he wasn't a police employee and never has been."

Aerial images broadcast by Norway's TV2 showed members of a SWAT team dressed in black arriving at the island in boats and running up the dock. Behind them, people stripped down to their underwear swam away from the island toward shore, some using flotation devices. Sponheim said police were still trying to get an overview of the camp shooting and could not say whether there was more than one shooter. He said several people were injured but he could not comment on their conditions. In Oslo, most of the windows in the 20-floor high-rise where Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and his administration work were shattered. Other buildings damaged house government offices and the headquarters of some of Norway's leading newspapers. and that rescuers were to search damaged buildings through the night for more victims.

MORE

i can't neg you again! Funny how you still produce no sources and all the major news network aren't stating anything on it!

Your sources as always are your own perverted mind. Mine was BBC News 24. If you did not have such a need for it to be Muslims regardless of whether it is in reality or not, you would not need to get your nickers in such a twist when other people prefer to report what their news is saying rather than your prejudices.

What is the point of your neg reps? You think they will intimidate people to lie?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
President Obama has labeled this a terrorist attack. Just saw him mouth the words on NBC. How is it he is better informed on international events than domestic terror acts?

pretty good running synopsis here;

note;

Update at 10:14 a.m. ET: Although the source of the blast is unclear, Al-Jazeera TV notes that Norwegian prosecutors on Tuesday filed a terrorism charge against Mullah Krekar, founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam. Mullah Krekar is accused of threatening a former minister, Erna Solberg, with death, Al-Jazeera says.

17 dead in Oslo bombing, shootings; Norwegian held - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

Forum List

Back