Experts: Cold snap doesn't disprove global warming

funny-pictures-cat-deleted-your-thesis.jpg

1. Your 'science' supporting your religion has been exposed as fraud.
2. Even if it was happening, you still can't prove it's man's fault.

The green movement is nothing more than a fascist delivery system, like guacamole is to tortilla chips.

that cat could probably make better points than you.
Certainly made better ones than you.

no, you.

There is enough ice in Greenland alone to raise sea levels 20 feet. The ice in Antarctica would raise sea levels over 200 feet. A sea level rise of 3 feet would be catastrophic for most sea ports.
So if you put 4, one inch cube ice cubes in your glass of water and fill it to the rim... and then let it melt... it should overflow 4 inches now?

Fucking retarded.

But then again, you've proven yourself incapable of finding your own ass with both hands in an iron lung with God Himself providing you a map and holding the fucking flashlight.

Scientifically speaking, of course.

Damn. I really didn't think that anyone was that ignorant. Both the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Caps are well above sea level.

Now the North Polar Cap will not raise sea level as it melts, but it does expose open water, which absorbs 90% of the energy of the sunlight, while ice reflects 90%. And that warms the water, which then expands a bit, and raises the sea level a little.

Now when dealing with cretins such as you, I normally resort to the kind of language that you are capable of understanding. So, just for you;

You are one stupid fucking bastard. Not only are you stupid, you are obviously proud of it. Even a third grader knows that the ice on land will raise the sea level. Your mother drop you on your head early on?

funny-pictures-horses-look-for-needle-in-haystack.jpg

Sorry, was busy looking for truth in Hadley CRU data. What were you saying?

I can't believe how many ignorant people there are who don't know the difference between climate and weather.

I can't believe how many ignorant people there are who think that a climatologist can tell me with certainty what the weather is going to be like in 50 years, when the weatherman can't tell me with any certainty what it's going to be like five days from now.

I'm just curious. How much land area Greenland has... and how thick the ice sheets are. Now... if melted, what's the REAL increase of sea level? After all, the oceans cover many thousand times the size of Greenland. So even if it was a few hundred meters thick, like I seem to recall it being said... heck, even if it's a mile thick in places... how could such a small area cause such a significant change? The geometry just doesn't seem to work here.

Okay, so here's some rough math...

approximate surface area of the oceans: 360,000,000 km2

Approximate volume of Greenland's Ice Sheet: Volume: 2,600,000 km3

So if you melt that much ice, how thick would the resultant water be over that size of an area?

Someone's going to have to check my math, but I seem to come up with a total of about 7.2cm.

Yes. Very catastrophic if my math is right.

How will we ever survive??!!??

I can't believe how many ignorant people there are who think that a climatologist can tell theme with certainty what the weather is going to be like in 50 years, when the weatherman can't tell me with any certainty what it's going to be like five days from now.

Yup. Albuquerque has at least three different weather reports every day because of the sharp differences in terrain in a relatively confined area. None of the three are usually on the mark of course.

But weather and climate are separate things. I know I'm beating the same dead horse. but when the climate modelers can't feed known climate data into their models and produce the climate conditions we have NOW; how in the world are we to trust their models using speculative data to produce a climate forcast for 50 to 100 years from now?

And has been posted earlier this week, they are using significantly fewer monitoring stations than they once used, and that cannot possibly be increasing their chances to be accurate.

So if you melt that much ice, how thick would the resultant water be over that size of an area?

Someone's going to have to check my math, but I seem to come up with a total of about 7.2cm.

Your math is wrong. But what else are we to expect.

I can't believe how many ignorant people there are who think that a climatologist can tell me with certainty what the weather is going to be like in 50 years, when the weatherman can't tell me with any certainty what it's going to be like five days from now.

Dooodeee....... Dr. Hansen stated in 1988 that it would be significantly warmer by this time, and that is certainly the case.

At that time yahoos like you were stating the the warming did not exist.

Dooodeee....... Dr. Hansen stated in 1988 that it would be significantly warmer by this time, and that is certainly the case.

Yet another post hoc ergo propter hoc appeal.

You fail yet again.

Then, how much of that added surface area of water will result in higher amounts of evaporation?
I was just thinking about that today, which then causes a negative feedback loop forcing more condensation in the atmosphere, reducing sunlight heating the atmosphere, precipitation causeing surface cooling, and ultimately, decreasing melt rates, reducing the evaporation back down.

Oh, and this melt will take hundreds of years... IF it ever happens.

Your math is wrong. But what else are we to expect.
My math is wrong, yet you have no proof as to why.

I guess your dishonesty is also to be expected.

What'd you get? 3 miles of water?

You cite an 'authority' who is under scrutiny for scientific fraud.

Brilliant!

Forum List

Back