Expand The US War In Syria Or Get Out: What Say You?...

Expand US War in Syria Or Get Out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I tend to go with you on that.
And BluesLegend scoffed when I said Trump was going to lead you all into the far left camp.

Look at you now. Following our cut-and-run Democratic President like a little mouse!

Well actually, Obama got us into the Syria mess. He funded & armed Jihadi fighters (Rebels) in Syria. He sought 'Regime Change.' And i don't support the Regime Change policy. I disagreed with Obama dragging us into the Syrian War. We had no right declaring Regime Change.

So Trump inherited Obama's Syria mess, just like Obama inherited Bush's Iraq mess. For me, i think It's time for us to dramatically scale back our presence in the Middle East. It's time to come home. Get out of Syria now. We don't belong there.
The only thing Trump inherited from Obama with regards to Syria was an easily reversible policy.

What it is now is his making.

"Easily reversed." You sure about that? The Regime Policy in Syria is fully supported by most US Politicians. Withdrawing from Syria, would actually be the most difficult thing for Trump to do. There's nothing easy about the mess he inherited in Syria.
Really? I know Nikki Haley says there will never be peace in Syria with Assad in power. But let's see how they do with the talks about to begin. She could be wrong.

The most difficult decision for Trump, would be withdrawal. Staying and expanding the war would be the easier decision for him. Most US/Western Politicians have been pushing for Regime Change in Syria for years. The easiest thing for Trump to do, is continue on with the Regime Change agenda.

There is absolutely nothing worth America fighting and/or dying for in the Middle East.

Actually there is. As distasteful as it is to consider the oil, OPEC's estimate is that 81.5% of the world oil reserves are controlled by OPEC countries: Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela. If we go with OPEC's numbers, 65.5% of OPEC oil reserves are in the Middle East. Middle East oil producing countries that are not in OPEC include: Iran, Syria, Bahrain, Oman, and Yeman.

According to GEO ExPro (geoscience magazine): "With only 2% of the world’s producing wells, the Middle East’s output is over 30% of the world’s crude, highlighting its prolific fields. In addition, the Middle East holds 40% of the world’s conventional gas reserves."
How Much Oil in the Middle East?

And like it or not, much of the world runs on oil at this point in our history.

For that oil to fall into the hands of ISIS or some unsavory authority could literally hold much of the world hostage and could do irreparable harm to many countries. We are getting a little over 1 million barrels a day from the Middle East--we import a little over 10 million barrels daily in various forms from 80 some countries--and most of the M.E. oil is processed into petroleum products shipped back to the Middle East, so that in itself wouldn't cripple us, and would hurt but wouldn't be devastating to our economy.

But if our trading partners should be brought to their knees or should be coerced into not being our trading partners, that would be quite significant. And it would likely result in a total massacre and elimination of Israel.

It is in the U.S. national interest for thugs and thieves not to overrun the Middle East. Whether that translates into justification for going to war against Syria, however, is above my pay grade. My gut feeling is no, let the free Arab countries deal with Syria, but. . .

Last edited:
There is absolutely nothing worth America fighting and/or dying for in the Middle East.

Actually there is. As distasteful as it is to consider the oil, OPEC's estimate is that 81.5% of the world oil reserves are controlled by OPEC countries: Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela. If we go with OPEC's numbers, 65.5% of OPEC oil reserves are in the Middle East. And Middle East oil producing countries that are not in OPEC include: Iran, Syria, Bahrain, Oman, and Yeman.

According to GEO ExPro (geoscience magazine): "With only 2% of the world’s producing wells, the Middle East’s output is over 30% of the world’s crude, highlighting its prolific fields. In addition, the Middle East holds 40% of the world’s conventional gas reserves."

For that oil to fall into the hands of ISIS or some unsavory authority could literally hold much of the world hostage and could do irreparable harm to many countries. We are only getting a little over 1 million barrels a day from the Middle East and most of that is processed into petroleum products shipped back to the Middle East, so that in itself wouldn't cripple us, and wouldn't be a severe blow to our economy.

But if our trading partners should be brought to their knees or should be coerced into not being our trading partners, that would be quite significant.

It is in the U.S. national interest for thugs and thieves not to overrun the Middle East. Whether that translates into justification for going to war against Syria, however, is above my pay grade.

Thugs and thieves overran the Middle East many years ago. Most are US/Western Puppets. They're the 'good' kind of thugs and thieves. It's time to scale things back over there. Time to come home.

And BluesLegend scoffed when I said Trump was going to lead you all into the far left camp.

Look at you now. Following our cut-and-run Democratic President like a little mouse!

Well actually, Obama got us into the Syrian mess. He funded & armed Jihadi fighters (Rebels) in Syria. He sought 'Regime Change.' And i don't support the Regime Change policy. I disagreed with Obama dragging us into the Syrian War. We had no right declaring Regime Change.

So Trump inherited Obama's Syrian mess, just like Obama inherited Bush's Iraq mess. For me, i think It's time for us to dramatically scale back our presence in the Middle East. It's time to come home. Get out of Syria now. We don't belong there.
Yeah Trump inherited tens of thousands of our soldiers fighting in and occupying all of Syria for absolutely no reason. Exactly the same as Obama with Iraq. :rolleyes:

He inherited Obama's Regime Change agenda in Syria. That's just fact. It is Obama's mess. And Obama did inherit Bush's Iraq debacle. That's just fact too.
Getting involved in the Middle East is always a mistake, just as under Obama. Deciding to get involved in Syria in any capacity was the worst mistake of Obama’s Presidency. But to equate it with Iraq, where thousands of our troops were sent to their deaths for absolutely nothing, is wrong. There are no troops to pull out of Syria. No mandate to rebuild anything. All we have to do is just mind our own business. No further involvement.

I hear ya. And i think Trump was headed towards withdrawal. But then a 'Chemical Attack' suddenly happens. What can he do now? It's pretty much a Lose-Lose scenario for him at this point. He'll be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's the same position Obama was in with Iraq and Afghanistan. He ended up choosing to stay and continue the wars. Looks like Trump is gonna do the same. It's very sad.
Obama, like Trump now, kept the Afghanistan war going for God knows what reason. But he ended the Iraq war which was years and years overdue. He did not invade Syria.

I will give Trump props if he says there’s nothing for the U.S. to gain from any further activity in Syria, the ships are turning around to places they’re actually needed, and we’re outta there. Not going to happen though, of course.

Actually there is. As distasteful as it is to consider the oil, OPEC's estimate is that 81.5% of the world oil reserves are controlled by OPEC countries: Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela. If we go with OPEC's numbers, 65.5% of OPEC oil reserves are in the Middle East. Middle East oil producing countries that are not in OPEC include: Iran, Syria, Bahrain, Oman, and Yeman.

For that oil to fall into the hands of ISIS or some unsavory authority could literally hold much of the world hostage and could do irreparable harm to many countries. We are getting a little over 1 million barrels a day from the Middle East--we import a little over 10 million barrels daily in various forms from 80 some countries--and most of the M.E. oil is processed into petroleum products shipped back to the Middle East, so that in itself wouldn't cripple us, and would hurt but wouldn't be devastating to our economy.

But if our trading partners should be brought to their knees or should be coerced into not being our trading partners, that would be quite significant.

It is in the U.S. national interest for thugs and thieves not to overrun the Middle East. Whether that translates into justification for going to war against Syria, however, is above my pay grade. My gut feeling is no, let the free Arab countries deal with Syria, but. . .
See there’s the problem. We have to remain involved in the Middle East in order to stop the evil groups that we created as a result of us deciding to remain involved in the Middle East. That cycle needs to break.

Trump is damned if he does damned if he doesn't on Syria, its Obama's fault. Obama drew a red line talking tough, showing his ass pretending to be a tough guy he draws a red line. Then when Syria crossed it the moron tries to claim it wasn't his red line it was the worlds red line and he cuts and runs. Well now Trump has to clean up Obama's mess.

So Trump, if he does nothing and pulls out and he will get the blame for not stopping the gas attacks. If he bombs Syria to rubble and he'll get blamed for that.
Maybe he'll just bomb a couple of airports, like last time.
I don't see why the United States is "responsible" for stopping his gas attacks. Isn't that against international law or something? I'm asking. I really don't know the answer to that.

This wouldn't be America's problem except Obama ran his big mouth about gas attack red lines so now what?

See there’s the problem. We have to remain involved in the Middle East in order to stop the evil groups that we created as a result of us deciding to remain involved in the Middle East. That cycle needs to break.

who is "we" ? did "we" enact the Armenian genocide of 1915?

Trump is damned if he does damned if he doesn't on Syria, its Obama's fault. Obama drew a red line talking tough, showing his ass pretending to be a tough guy he draws a red line. Then when Syria crossed it the moron tries to claim it wasn't his red line it was the worlds red line and he cuts and runs. Well now Trump has to clean up Obama's mess.

So Trump, if he does nothing and pulls out and he will get the blame for not stopping the gas attacks. If he bombs Syria to rubble and he'll get blamed for that.
I don't see why the United States is "responsible" for stopping his gas attacks. Isn't that against international law or something? I'm asking. I really don't know the answer to that.

This wouldn't be America's problem except Obama ran his big mouth about gas attack red lines so now what?
We walk away. Obama isn’t president.

Yes I'm sure Dem's will applaud Trump for walking away and not use this as a campaign attack ad /extreme sarcasm

Who we fighting again and why?

an alliance of Iranian and Russian Imperialism aka DA AXIS

They did what to us?

when I was very young-------I read your concepts in propaganda
promulgated in the 1930s------old stuff even when I was 14.
I found it as interesting as the works of Isaac Azimov,
and MAD MAGAZINE
You didn’t answer the question.

yeah------I did. Are you very very young? ""brain"" ???
Did you ever meet persons from Syria? the middle east??
Turkey? Russia?? Iran??? feel free to ask questions

I agree the cycle needs to break but I don't agree that we created it any more than we created The Third Reich or a cruel imperial Japan or the U.S.S.R. or Mao Tse-tung's Republic of China. Without the influence from the west, it is anybody's guess what the Middle East would be today. Certainly there were positive and negative results of western influence in other parts of Africa but for good or bad, most of those countries prospered more under European influence than they have under control of self-serving and often evil despots/dictators and/or anarchy.

Well actually, Obama got us into the Syrian mess. He funded & armed Jihadi fighters (Rebels) in Syria. He sought 'Regime Change.' And i don't support the Regime Change policy. I disagreed with Obama dragging us into the Syrian War. We had no right declaring Regime Change.

So Trump inherited Obama's Syrian mess, just like Obama inherited Bush's Iraq mess. For me, i think It's time for us to dramatically scale back our presence in the Middle East. It's time to come home. Get out of Syria now. We don't belong there.
Yeah Trump inherited tens of thousands of our soldiers fighting in and occupying all of Syria for absolutely no reason. Exactly the same as Obama with Iraq. :rolleyes:

He inherited Obama's Regime Change agenda in Syria. That's just fact. It is Obama's mess. And Obama did inherit Bush's Iraq debacle. That's just fact too.
Getting involved in the Middle East is always a mistake, just as under Obama. Deciding to get involved in Syria in any capacity was the worst mistake of Obama’s Presidency. But to equate it with Iraq, where thousands of our troops were sent to their deaths for absolutely nothing, is wrong. There are no troops to pull out of Syria. No mandate to rebuild anything. All we have to do is just mind our own business. No further involvement.

I hear ya. And i think Trump was headed towards withdrawal. But then a 'Chemical Attack' suddenly happens. What can he do now? It's pretty much a Lose-Lose scenario for him at this point. He'll be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's the same position Obama was in with Iraq and Afghanistan. He ended up choosing to stay and continue the wars. Looks like Trump is gonna do the same. It's very sad.
Obama, like Trump now, kept the Afghanistan war going for God knows what reason. But he ended the Iraq war which was years and years overdue. He did not invade Syria.

I will give Trump props if he says there’s nothing for the U.S. to gain from any further activity in Syria, the ships are turning around to places they’re actually needed, and we’re outta there. Not going to happen though, of course.

Unfortunately, Obama didn't end any wars. He spoke of withdrawal in Iraq, but it didn't happen. Troop levels were reduced, but then came ISIS. He increased troop levels and continued war there. The same happened in Afghanistan.

And now, Trump starts talking withdrawal in Syria, we immediately get a 'Chemical Attack.' Something always conveniently happens to guarantee us staying in these countries. It's actually become predictable now. I just don't think Trump can fight the 'Regime Change' Agenda. Killing Assad has been planned for years. They're not gonna stop until it's done. I don't think Trump has a say in it. That's how i feel anyway.

I agree the cycle needs to break but I don't agree that we created it any more than we created The Third Reich or a cruel imperial Japan or the U.S.S.R. or Mao Tse-tung's Republic of China. Without the influence from the west, it is anybody's guess what the Middle East would be today. Certainly there were positive and negative results of western influence in other parts of Africa but for good or bad, most of those countries prospered more under European influence than they have under control of self-serving and often evil despots/dictators and/or anarchy.

"""DA WEST" did it all. all evil is from DA WEST -----I learned that FACT more than 50 years ago. My informants have never
been able to define "DA WEST" anymore than my little
episcoplian friend ----of childhood, could define DA DEVIL

Unfortunately, Obama didn't end any wars. He spoke of withdrawal in Iraq, but it didn't happen. Troop levels were reduced, but then came ISIS. He increased troop levels and continued war there. The same happened in Afghanistan.

And now, Trump starts talking withdrawal in Syria, we immediately get a 'Chemical Attack.' Something always conveniently happens to guarantee us staying in these countries. It's actually become predictable now. I just don't think Trump can fight the 'Regime Change' Agenda. Killing Assad has been planned for years. They're not gonna stop until it's done. I don't think Trump has a say in it. That's how i feel anyway.

The assads should have been killed years ago-----so true

I wish it were that simple.

Forum List

Back