Exit polls show sharp divide among Democrats

I think you are mistaken Jillian, regarding reverend wright's speech....(at least in my little circle :) ) I know Hillary tried to get it in the news along with many, many, many republicans and the news media in general...however, every single person that I have heard complain about the rev wright in my every day life are Republicans on political boards...not a one complaining about wright are the every day Hillary supporters or the undecided....they are always republicans or republicans/independents that are temporarily "playing like" they are Democrats for the Primary....

The rev Wright's comments mean nothing to me when it comes to making a decision to support Hillary or Obama.... Although I do not live in the south now, I was alive before the civil rights bill passed...and I witnessed prejudices that occurred in restaurants and on busses LONG after it passed...In fact, when I recently lived in Boston, at a restaurant there, I witnessed a lovely family of black people not get served by the waitress or the owners...my parents and husband and I walked out when we got served and they had not gotten served even though there for an hour before us...

I saw a bus driver at the parking lot a mile or two away from the ferry to go over to martha's vinyard pull away from a black couple with a suitcase that were heading over there on vacation just like us....all of the white people on the bus did shout and scream and my 6 foot 3 husband stood up right behind the bus driver shouting at him to stop for this couple, so he finally did and they had to run 150 yards to catch up with the bus....(then my husband and I apologized to this couple and befriended them on the bus ride and ferry and told them that NOT ALL OF US WHITE FOLK are like the jerk of a busdriver...)

These two instances were in the 2001 or 2000.....not too long ago.

I know all about racism, it is still alive and well....FROM BOTH races...there is alot of racism going on on the Obama side also with all blacks basically voting for Obama you could say....no? I don't necessary think this is what is happening though....I think that there are alot of professional women, like myself, that have gone through hell to climb the ladder compared to the average man that I have worked with....I have been a victim of sexual harrasment and harrassment in general during my early career, but never made any kind of stink about it with authorities or anything, just that it was alive and well at one time.........it is soooooooooo much better now but what I am trying to say is that I can relate to Hillary better than relate to the rock star status of obama....I haven't been to a rock concert in at least a decade and it just isn't me anymore....

*And I think that the Black vote supporting obama support him because they can relate to him better too...and Obama is sharp as a whip too!

None of me thinking that Hillary would be better as the nominee than Obama has anything to do with Obama really....let alone his race/skin color....???

Same with my parents, same with my husband....who also support Hillary at this point, still....

I just don't think it is as many democrats as you may think but more the repubs/ or independents... that have switched over....

Care

I can only speak to what I've seen and heard. I would like to think color doesn't make a difference, but I think to some, it does. I'm just hopeing that it mostly only matters to people who wouldn't have voted for a democrat anyway.

Yeah only about 26% of Clinton supporters say they will jump ship for MCcain if Obama gets the nomination.:rolleyes:
But its all the Republicans and Independents....
Saying and doing are TWO different things....

Saying at the polling booth that you would not support obama in the general is a way of saying, "keep this election going" for Hillary supporters and if I were polled at a primary and a Hillary supporter I would have answered in the same manner, hell no :D at that point to keep the race going...imho, it is NOT necessarily what a Democrat would do at the general election.

Care

Saying at the polling booth that you would not support obama in the general is a way of saying, "keep this election going" for Hillary supporters and if I were polled at a primary and a Hillary supporter I would have answered in the same manner, hell no :D at that point to keep the race going...imho, it is NOT necessarily what a Democrat would do at the general election.

Care

You know what I find really funny... McCain's raised 80 million dollars. Obama's raised about 240 million...and they act like WE'RE supposed to be on the defensive. lol...

Care

I guess we will have to see how many of the 26% were actually "trying to keep the race going" or if the vast majority of the 26% actually meant what they said.

Forum List

Back