Executive Privilege - A Primer

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Below is an article on the History of and ambiguity of Executive Privilege (EP); no where is EP mentioned in COTUS, and yet, it may become one of the hottest debted issues in our time.

The Constitution and Executive Privilege - Law & Liberty

It seems in the next few weeks or months we will experience a Constitutional Crisis, and that Trump and his attorney's will attempt to withhold information by the use of this rarely tested and never fully resolved issue.

I implore the reader to open the link (or google, "where in the constitution is the power of executive privilege"), and seriously consider this issue. There are good arguments on both sides of the issue and the consequences of a future decision will have long term effects on you and our posterity.

Below is an article on the History of and ambiguity of Executive Privilege (EP); no where is EP mentioned in COTUS, and yet, it may become one of the hottest debted issues in our time.

It seems in the next few weeks or months we will experience a Constitutional Crisis, and that Trump and his attorney's will attempt to withhold information by the use of this rarely tested and never fully resolved issue.

I implore the reader to open the link (or google, "where in the constitution is the power of executive privilege"), and seriously consider this issue. There are good arguments on both sides of the issue and the consequences of a future decision will have long term effects on you and our posterity.
attempt to withhold information

It's beyond me why anyone would withhold information when they are certain they've committed no wrong. The fact of the matter is that if one has done no wrong, none information one has will be probative in showing one has done something wrong.

REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING: Mueller could ask for Trump's prophylactic size...ANYTHING! And the first HINT that the White House is even THINKING about invoking executive privilege, and the MSM will go off like a rocket.."THE WORST ABUSE OF EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE SINCE THE BIG BANG!"

Don't forget, we've seen it all before, a thousand times.

You care about EP now.

now

The media is so incredibly good at giving it's sheep orders on what to say and how to say it, it still shocks me just how accurate Animal Farm was.

I read that book in 1982, it was all about communism and it's use of propaganda.

• Banned
REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING: Mueller could ask for Trump's prophylactic size...ANYTHING! And the first HINT that the White House is even THINKING about invoking executive privilege, and the MSM will go off like a rocket.."THE WORST ABUSE OF EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE SINCE THE BIG BANG!"

Don't forget, we've seen it all before, a thousand times.

On issues as sensitive as conspiring with Russia?

• Banned

You care about EP now.

now

EP has it's place, what it does not have is using it for a cover up. So what if Trump&Co sought dirt on HRC, big deal. Lying about it is.

If the Russian Question had been handled differently, and if Trump & Co. had nothing to hide, they ought to have reported the initial contact with Russia to the FBI.

Even if they didn't, when the idea Russia was culpable for influencing our elections, Trump should have ordered a a bi-partisan investigation into such a serious problem.

Probably those already in hot water would be the same people, and maybe Trump would be seen differently. Now he looks guilty of obstruction of justice.

You care about EP now.

now

EP has it's place, what it does not have is using it for a cover up. So what if Trump&Co sought dirt on HRC, big deal. Lying about it is.

If the Russian Question had been handled differently, and if Trump & Co. had nothing to hide, they ought to have reported the initial contact with Russia to the FBI.

Even if they didn't, when the idea Russia was culpable for influencing our elections, Trump should have ordered a a bi-partisan investigation into such a serious problem.

Probably those already in hot water would be the same people, and maybe Trump would be seen differently. Now he looks guilty of obstruction of justice.
Like I said, you care about EP now.

Forum List

Back