executive branch ?

A lecture on civility from someone who calls people jerks? You MUST be a liberal.

You quoted me, and questioned my civility when I didn't call names, only mentioned that the OP hadn't been friends with 9th grade civics. THEN I went on to give some input to his questions.

You on the other hand added NOTHING to this thread other than some weak insults. I imagine if I look into some of your other posts around the board the story will be similar.

You are dismissed as being irrelevant.

Here, my newfound friend:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/208374-executive-branch.html#post4822832

Posted before I was able to read this little love note from you. Glad to see you are a consistent jerk.

Just hilarious that you are running around calling people names and then lecturing on civility. You're online for God's sakes. Look up the word civility in a dictionary and see if it includes "calling people names." I assure you it doesn't. And LOL @ in a different post you blamed uncivilized behavior on being conservative, plenty of conservatives are NOT rude, and plenty of liberals are rude, and in fact one has nothing to do with the other. Sad that you had to dishonestly try to bring political bent into a discussion on civility.

Saying that someone is not familiar with 9th grade civics is insulting them.

Your comment about being a jerk having nothing to do with political persuasion is your opinion and your opinion only. Sure, not all cons are jerks and not all libs are good guys, and vice versa. My experience on this board has been that when someone is being insulting and rude, literally nine times out of ten, it's a con, not a lib. You may dispsute that. Go ahead. We are all entitled to our opinions.

You owe the OP an apology. Man enough to put it up?

Here, my newfound friend:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/208374-executive-branch.html#post4822832

Posted before I was able to read this little love note from you. Glad to see you are a consistent jerk.

Just hilarious that you are running around calling people names and then lecturing on civility. You're online for God's sakes. Look up the word civility in a dictionary and see if it includes "calling people names." I assure you it doesn't. And LOL @ in a different post you blamed uncivilized behavior on being conservative, plenty of conservatives are NOT rude, and plenty of liberals are rude, and in fact one has nothing to do with the other. Sad that you had to dishonestly try to bring political bent into a discussion on civility.

Your comment about being a jerk having nothing to do with political persuasion is your opinion and your opinion only. Sure, not all cons are jerks and not all libs are good guys, and vice versa. My experience on this board has been that when someone is being insulting and rude, literally nine times out of ten, it's a con, not a lib. You may dispsute that. Go ahead. We are all entitled to our opinions.

That's not a subject a person can have an opinion on , it's either true or it isn't. Either 9 times out of 10 when someone is insulting on this board they are a conservative or they are not. That's what we call a fact.

Here's a fact, I've been insulted by 3 people on this board in my short time here. 1 conservative, 2 liberals. Did they attack me because of their political stance or did they do so because they just enjoy being insulting? Hint, it was the latter.

You called me a jerk, are you saying you did so because you're a liberal? No, well then it must be because you're immature.

LOL @ saying that lying about facts is an opinion.

Thanks for the help guys

One other last curious question is if you where visiting this US country on a passport or green card , and you where not fully a US citizen. But witness an on going crime could you make a citizens arrest even if you where not a full citizen.

For example if somebody was brutally beating a child or raping somebody?

And what does a citizens arrest entail just chaining up /securing the criminal and calling the police , or do you physically secure the criminal and bring them to the nearest station.

I know these questions are probably some what out their and never really would ever come to this in most cases.... but just curious of what is possible under the law of US.

I guess of course the ultimate decision is left up to your judicial system (that interpret what is right and wrong)
Curious anyway

Question
So you can break a state law that isn't a federal law right in-front of a FBI agent and they cann't do anything about it?
And visa-versa for the state police/town/local police?

Seems kind of a little ironic

If a mathematician was constipated would he work it out with a pencil? Only if he can solve the navier stokes equation

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys

One other last curious question is if you where visiting this US country on a passport or green card , and you where not fully a US citizen. But witness an on going crime could you make a citizens arrest even if you where not a full citizen.

And what does a citizens arrest entail just chaining up /securing the criminal and calling the police , or do you physically secure the criminal and bring them to the nearest station.

I know these questions are probably some what out their and never really would ever come to this in most cases.... but just curious of what is possible under the law of US.

I guess of course the ultimate decision is left up to your judicial system (that interpret what is right and wrong)
Curious anyway

Sure you could. You do not have to be a citizen to make a citizen's arrest. You might find this interesting:

Citizens' Arrest

That's not a subject a person can have an opinion on , it's either true or it isn't. Either 9 times out of 10 when someone is insulting on this board they are a conservative or they are not. That's what we call a fact.

Here's a fact, I've been insulted by 3 people on this board in my short time here. 1 conservative, 2 liberals. Did they attack me because of their political stance or did they do so because they just enjoy being insulting? Hint, it was the latter.

You called me a jerk, are you saying you did so because you're a liberal? No, well then it must be because you're immature.

No, I called you a jerk because of your insulting post directed at an obviously legitimate and sincere question in the OP. In all of our discussion on that point, I notice that you have failed to address that particular post. Do you defend it? Do you feel it was not insulting? If so, I would be most interested in hearing on what basis you defend your remarks there.

Last edited:

No, I called you a jerk because of your insulting post directed at an obviously legitimate and sincere question in the OP. In all of our discussion on that point, I notice that you have failed to address that particular post. Do you defend it? Do you feel it was not insulting? If so, I would be most interested in hearing on what basis you defend your remarks there.

I don't waste time on hypocritical posters who behave like children. Good evening.

I don't waste time on hypocritical posters who behave like children. Good evening.

Nor, apparently, do you waste time with things such as good manners. Good evening.

Thanks for the help guys

Honestly I don't know, but I would be surprised if you took any heat for keeping a child from being beaten. In fact some states have laws where you can be arrested for not helping in an emergency situation.

Well I might avoid chaining them up unless they pose an absolutely positively direct threat of harm to you or someone else and you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt. You detain them and call the police and they will come and get them. Exactly how you detain them is a bit tricky. You can hold them down. I suppose you could bind them in some way. I'd be REAL hesitant about holding them at gun point or with a weapon unless absolutely necessary. Then again it depends on the state. In a "castle law state" like Oregon (where I live) or Arizona, if someone breaks into your house you can put a bullet between their eyes and call it good. It's perfectly legal and you will face no charges (and let me pass on some wisdom a cop told me once: if you shoot an intruder right at the threshold of your house and he falls backwards outside the house, make sure you drag the body back in the house before you call the cops). In other states you have to make an effort to retreat from the situation and can only fire at them if you are totally cornered and have no choice. It just depends on the state.

Question
So you can break a state law that isn't a federal law right in-front of a FBI agent and they cann't do anything about it?

Technically that's correct (although they will simply call the local police and have you arrested)

And visa-versa for the state police/town/local police?

That's incorrect. Federal law extends to every state so federal law is the law anywhere in the United States. As such a town cop has jurisdiction to arrest someone for violating a federal law. State law however is restricted to the specific state and does not extend to the federal level...that's why an FBI agent cannot arrest someone for violating anything but federal law.

Last edited:
so let me get this straight
town cops can arrest you for more stuff then a state cop and a state cop can arrest people for more stuff then an FBI cop.

But an FBI cop has no bounds in where he can make an arrest where as a state cop or town cop can only make an arrest in a specific area .

Did I get that correct?

If so seems to me backwards kind of?

Last edited:
town cops can arrest you for more stuff then a state cop and a state cop can arrest people for more stuff then an FBI cop.

But an FBI cop has no bounds in where he can make an arrest where as a state cop or town cop can only make an arrest in a specific area .

Did I get that correct?

On the nosey

Did I get that correct?

On the nosey

Never thought about it that way but, by golly, I think you're right.

Forum List

Back