executive branch ?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by sam111, Feb 15, 2012.

1. sam111

sam111 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    executive branch
    I know a little about it basically president , vice president , 15 cabinet members ,...etc
    This branch is to enforce the laws created be the legislative branch.

But I am wondering for US citizens what people/workers/jobs can enforce the law.
    Is it just the state , town , federal police or is their more people like under different cabinets.

I would like a more complete map of who has the right to enforce what on people in the US.

Question 2
    Who has the right to arrest somebody is it just state , town police or FBI , Drug administration people . Or is anybody in the executive branch have that right?
    As well is their anybody outside the executive branch that can arrest another person (in the united states)

Question 3
    Can regular citizens arrest people in the US. If so would that imply regular citizens fall under the executive branch? Or are you not suppose to make citizens arrests is it illegal to make citizens arrests ?
    (basically does being in the executive branch imply you can arrest US citizens if they commit a crime or does being able to arrest somebody fall under something more/less general then being in the executive branch of government in the US.

Question 4
    Correct me if I am wrong but anybody in the executive branch falls under one of the 15 cabinets other then the president , vice president and a few others... But all organizations , companies , executive branch workers falls under one of those cabinets.
    Correct ? or the structure of the executive branch not a tree like structure with the root being president/vice president and the second top level nodes being just the 15 cabinet members ... on from their.....

Thanks for any help with this
    The structure of the legislative is much easier to understand at least for me it is.
    Or is it just the department of justice that can arrest don't think this is the only one though but FBI fall under it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Is this for a homework assignment? Do you live overseas or something?

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,482
    Google is your friend

4. Unknown_Soldier

Unknown_Soldier BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Bu apparently 9th grade civics was NOT the OP's friend.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. sam111

sam111 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well , I am not from here.
    And I was just wondering how the law is enforced with who can arrest you and who cann't?
    I mean who has the authority and who doesn't ?

Is it just the department of justice cabinet and people under it.
    Or is it more general to anybody in the executive branch has that ability?
    Or is it even more general then that where people in another branch of the government not under executive can arrest ?

6. Unknown_Soldier

Unknown_Soldier BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Actually ANY american can affect an arrest on any other via citizen's arrest. However, you damn sure better make sure you have reason if you choose that option or you could instead be facing kidnapping charges.

As for the government, IF they have a badge they have the power to arrest you and there are too many agencies to list here.

7. sam111

sam111 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Even like a forest ranger.
    Or a mall security guard.

I guess what I am saying is other then the cop's (local police , state , fbi ,...etc)
    Is their any other badges that have enough gear and do it on a regular bases or is it mostly just the cops.

Seems to me the cops , army , navy , ... and a few others actually have the gear on an every day bases to really over power anybody they wanted to.

But I guess if it was hand to hand it would be whoever is stronger and more skilled in fighting. ( that and the fact the numbers of people involved)

Question 2
    If you make a citizens arrest ....what does that entail ... calling the cops or bring them to the police station.

What could back fire on you if you where correct in the arrest... would you still have to read them their rights or they would go free from their crime. ( or is that what the cops would have to be responsible of doing only interms of the law)
    If somebody did this and got it wrong what is the worst thing that could happen to them.

So in theory any US citizen can make a citizens arrest and by default if only the executive branch can enforce the law all citizens by default belong to some part of the executive branch :)

Curious if you can only make a citizens arrest if you are a US citizen or can anybody visiting from another country have this ability as well :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  8. AmericaFirst88

AmericaFirst88 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Every agency of law enforcement has their own jurisdiction. If they want to arrest someone but don't have the proper jurisdiction, they'll call whoever they need to who does, and those people will make the arrest instead. Hence the term 'long arm of the law'.

9. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    For Christ's sake - can't you people be civil to anyone? OBVIOUSLY, this person is not from the U.S. and he/she obviously doesn't understand how our system works and wants to know more.

Instead of being a jerk, maybe you might want to let this person know what you know about our government - if anything.

10. Unknown_Soldier

Unknown_Soldier BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    A lecture on civility from someone who calls people jerks? You MUST be a liberal.

You quoted me, and questioned my civility when I didn't call names, only mentioned that the OP hadn't been friends with 9th grade civics. THEN I went on to give some input to his questions.

You on the other hand added NOTHING to this thread other than some weak insults. I imagine if I look into some of your other posts around the board the story will be similar.

You are dismissed as being irrelevant.