Exclusive: U.S. will support sending ‘multinational rapid action force’ to Haiti

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
WASHINGTON

The United States has drafted a United Nations Security Council resolution that will encourage the “immediate deployment of a multinational rapid action force” to Haiti to address the nation’s worst security and health crisis in decades, according to a copy of the resolution obtained by McClatchy and the Miami Herald.

The draft resolution, confirmed by multiple U.S. and U.N. officials, comes in response to a call by U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres last week for the establishment of a rapid reaction force to assist the Haitian National Police. Over the past four weeks, powerful armed gangs have all but sent the country into anarchy, blockading the country’s largest fuel terminals and cutting off its critical roadways.

It is the first public indication so far that the Biden administration is willing to participate in a military force in Haiti — although the resolution does not specify what role various nations would play.

A U.S. source familiar with the drafting of the resolution said the multilateral force would not be under the supervision of the U.N. or assembled under Chapter VII of the U.N. Charter, which endorses the use of force for the maintenance of peace.

Last week, Guterres proposed that Haiti and other nations or transnational organizations deploy a rapid response-force, to be followed in the medium-term by a U.N.-led force. It remains unclear who would lead the rapid-action force, but the United States, Canada and France — three countries with a long history of involvement in Haiti — have all expressed skepticism in recent days.

But the violence and lack of governance in Haiti have led to a shortage of potable water and a burgeoning cholera outbreak, alarming the international community and forcing the Biden administration — long reluctant to intervene in Haiti militarily — to acknowledge last week that the status quo has become untenable......

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article267336107.html

I guess the Clinton Foundation will be accepting relief donations.

I hope Russia and/or China veto it so more of our money is not laundered through that shit-hole.

I snapped this photo a few days ago at the Home Depot near me.
Every day you see these crowds and they are getting larger and larger.
I think they are basically looking to unload delivery trucks that arrive.
This is just one spot in the parking lot. If you could see down that entire row there are 4 or 5 groups like this.
There are probably 50-60 in all. Welcome to the 3rd world !

Nearby is a posted sign...NO LOITERING....NO DAY LABORERS

HomeDepot_Haitian_Immigrants.jpg

A week ago a very homeless black man who was acting badly and looked bad was stopping cars and yelling at people a few streets down.
I had seen him for nearly a month off and on hanging around. It seems no one ever took the time to call and report him but one night he was
in the middle of the road and tried to stop my car yelling something.

It was a few days later I saw him sitting on the curb on my street, so I called the Police.
20 minutes later the area was surrounded by Police and the office complex there was on lockdown.
Apparently this man was a wanted felon who was armed and considered dangerous. He was taken into custody. (No one else ever called)
We have plenty of liberal judges here and he's probably back on the streets by now.\
The cops try to do their jobs but too many Democrat judges are bought and paid for and release them.

These men could become the perfect targets for the cartels to recruit for mules as America devolves into a 3rd world cartel haven.
This is the vision the Democrat leadership has for you in America.

Most of the men in the photo above are probably from Haiti so I can see how sending forces to Haiti to stabilize things might be good.
Many are fleeing Haiti to come to America but not all have good intentions.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON

The United States has drafted a United Nations Security Council resolution that will encourage the “immediate deployment of a multinational rapid action force” to Haiti to address the nation’s worst security and health crisis in decades, according to a copy of the resolution obtained by McClatchy and the Miami Herald.

The draft resolution, confirmed by multiple U.S. and U.N. officials, comes in response to a call by U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres last week for the establishment of a rapid reaction force to assist the Haitian National Police. Over the past four weeks, powerful armed gangs have all but sent the country into anarchy, blockading the country’s largest fuel terminals and cutting off its critical roadways.

It is the first public indication so far that the Biden administration is willing to participate in a military force in Haiti — although the resolution does not specify what role various nations would play.

A U.S. source familiar with the drafting of the resolution said the multilateral force would not be under the supervision of the U.N. or assembled under Chapter VII of the U.N. Charter, which endorses the use of force for the maintenance of peace.

Last week, Guterres proposed that Haiti and other nations or transnational organizations deploy a rapid response-force, to be followed in the medium-term by a U.N.-led force. It remains unclear who would lead the rapid-action force, but the United States, Canada and France — three countries with a long history of involvement in Haiti — have all expressed skepticism in recent days.

But the violence and lack of governance in Haiti have led to a shortage of potable water and a burgeoning cholera outbreak, alarming the international community and forcing the Biden administration — long reluctant to intervene in Haiti militarily — to acknowledge last week that the status quo has become untenable......

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article267336107.html

I guess the Clinton Foundation will be accepting relief donations.

I hope Russia and/or China veto it so more of our money is not laundered through that shit-hole.
Really? If "the multilateral force would not be under the supervision of the U.N. or assembled under Chapter VII of the U.N. Charter, which endorses the use of force for the maintenance of peace", what is U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres asking for and what would he like the US to do as part of a force. If not a U.N. mission, why didn't he keep his mouth shut? The U.N. is supposed to be all about peace keeping and restoring and maintaining peace. We mostly go in and break shit, though we are, really are quite good at breaking shit.

This is bullshit.

It is an internal Haitian matter, and it is none of the UN's, or the Western powers business if there is internal political chaos in Haiti. If there is a civil war, there is STILL, no excuse for foreign intervention.

And if the US or the UN does? Then the hypocrisy of funding Ukraine, on the excuse that, "oh, but, but, but, Russia invaded to stop internal chaos in the Donbas, and they had no right to do that," is nothing but imperialist, hypocritical BULLSHIT.

As usual, say one thing, do another.

:rolleyes:

Really? If "the multilateral force would not be under the supervision of the U.N. or assembled under Chapter VII of the U.N. Charter, which endorses the use of force for the maintenance of peace", what is U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres asking for and what would he like the US to do as part of a force. If not a U.N. mission, why didn't he keep his mouth shut? The U.N. is supposed to be all about peace keeping and restoring and maintaining peace. We mostly go in and break shit, though we are, really are quite good at breaking shit.
By the looks of things I don't think if we would break something they would notice it much. :laughing0301:

The National Police and the Gangs are kinda the same thing. This guy has uploaded 6 recent videos from there if you want to look at his channel.

Let's be frank (gently, of course).

We are not children.

Haiti is, well, hopeless.

Hear tell the only time Haiti had a functioning government was during World War One, when the United States took control of the island in order to prevent mischief by Germany.

So if the United Nations wants to try to bring some order to that nation, that's fine.

But when the last of the United Nations troops eventually leave, Haiti will resort to its usual self.

This is bullshit.

It is an internal Haitian matter, and it is none of the UN's, or the Western powers business if there is internal political chaos in Haiti. If there is a civil war, there is STILL, no excuse for foreign intervention.

And if the US or the UN does? Then the hypocrisy of funding Ukraine, on the excuse that, "oh, but, but, but, Russia invaded to stop internal chaos in the Donbas, and they had no right to do that," is nothing but imperialist, hypocritical BULLSHIT.

As usual, say one thing, do another.

:rolleyes:
Anyone who uses the term "civilized world" to describe the West is delusional.

The western powers have intervened in Haiti since it became a nation.

She speaks the truth.

Anyone who uses the term "civilized world" to describe the West is delusional.

The western powers have intervened in Haiti since it became a nation.

She speaks the truth.

HaHaHa it's been chithole since Day 1.

I don’t find that funny. Had the West not continually fucked with Haiti, they might have become a successful nation.
The only successful one down there was Cuba and the commies ruined it. Haiti was founded on genociding whites (who had nothing to do with slavery) and they were always assassinating each other.

Forum List

Back