Exclusive: Tillerson declines to host Ramadan event at State Department

Christmas has been celebrated in the white house since the founding of this country. Ramadan has been celebrated ever since the government decided to train the public into accepting terrorism as part of diversity.

Tipsycatlover

Uh yeah - that would have been when the the US Constitution went into effect.

Suck it up little cupcake cuz, unless you go live in Russia, the constitution is here to stay!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Christmas has been celebrated in the white house since the founding of this country. Ramadan has been celebrated ever since the government decided to train the public into accepting terrorism as part of diversity.
Ah the cross grovelers " brains" also known as the poorly educated

After the American Revolution, English customs fell out of favor, including Christmas. In fact, Congress was in session on December 25, 1789, the first Christmas under America's new constitution. Christmas wasn't declared a federal holiday until June 26, 1870.

The Surprising Truth: Christians Once Banned Christmas

I presume, no Xmas parties either?
What you need do is protest Christmas parties and the holiday in general. Demand that you have to work on Christmas. Demand that you work for straight time. That will show them.
I'm not protesting Xmas parties, just pointing out the hypocrisy in not having a Ramadan party.
There's no hypocrisy. Peace on earth and good will to man trumps murder and subjugation.
Your prejudices don't trump the Constitution.
Christmas is a federal holiday. It's not unconstitutional, you putz.
They're not mutually exclusive, shortbus.

why not? it *is* an american tradition.

i don't believe that to be respectful to other opinions and cultures we have to give up our own history and heritage.

i don't care if the president says "merry Christmas" and i don't care if he doesn't then follow up with every other cultures similar phrases and greetings. other religions are welcome to come over here and enjoy the same freedoms we all share in that regard. but that doesn't mean the country has to stop being who we've been since our foundation.

Sure. But there will be CHRISTmas parties.
Same thing, so they should be abandoned for the same reason as having no Ramadan events.
Why? Why must your OPINION be the prevailing OPINION?
tradition. our core values as a country and foundations. all this attacking of the others faith while demanding respect for your own is bullshit. as for opinions demanding to be the prevailing one - ask a liberal. they're the ones who shut down people who want to say things they don't like.

The Ramadan thing has only been since 1999.

This country hasn't exactly gotten better since 1999.

Coincidence? Probably.
Why do people have such issues with recognizing the faiths of Americans? Ramadan, Passover....

Well, when the boss embraces one religion and not the other; most would call that being "divisive"....

How many will die because of this snub to the religion of peace?

Of course there will be no revenge.

In Ramadan Massacre, Egyptian Christians Killed for Refusing to Renounce Their Faith in Jesus

In Ramadan Massacre, Egyptian Christians Killed for Refusing to Renounce Their Faith in Jesus - JVIM

NOTE: the headlines are from the articles proved.
Ramadan requires Muslims to rest all day and nothing opens until sundown. How are these people going to show up for work? Was in UAE during Ramadan and Saudi Arabia. The day is dead.

why not? it *is* an american tradition. i don't believe that to be respectful to other opinions and cultures we have to give up our own history and heritage. i don't care if the president says "merry Christmas" and i don't care if he doesn't then follow up with every other cultures similar phrases and greetings. other religions are welcome to come over here and enjoy the same freedoms we all share in that regard. but that doesn't mean the country has to stop being who we've been since our foundation.
I'm not saying we should give up traditions, but we also shouldn't be denying the traditions of others. If Xmas parties are OK in a public setting, so should a Ramadan event.

why not? it *is* an american tradition. i don't believe that to be respectful to other opinions and cultures we have to give up our own history and heritage. i don't care if the president says "merry Christmas" and i don't care if he doesn't then follow up with every other cultures similar phrases and greetings. other religions are welcome to come over here and enjoy the same freedoms we all share in that regard. but that doesn't mean the country has to stop being who we've been since our foundation.
I'm not saying we should give up traditions, but we also shouldn't be denying the traditions of others. If Xmas parties are OK in a public setting, so should a Ramadan event.
who's denying them?

they are THEIR OWN traditions - let them have them. but their traditions are not our countries traditions. why should we have to stop saying merry christmas cause others don't share that core faith of this country?

look, i'm not religious. gave it up for lent to be honest. but i don't care that the country *is* for the most part. the entire basis of freedom of religion means you can practice your religion w/o hassle for the most part. it doesn't mean that everything we as a country do must honor each and every other religion with the same tone, tenacity and reverence as we honor our own.

we can't celebrate every holiday from every faith with the same...passion...as we do our own. that doesn't mean we don't respect the other faiths and so forth, it just means we're going to keep our own as we always have.

Ramadan requires Muslims to rest all day and nothing opens until sundown. How are these people going to show up for work? Was in UAE during Ramadan and Saudi Arabia. The day is dead.
Ramadan doesn't require rest all day. It requires no food or drink be taken during the day. I've worked with many Muslims over the years and they don't take off during Ramadan; they stoke up before sunrise and after sundown. You can't just go by what happened in Saudi Arabia. That's like going to an ultra-orthodox Jewish neighborhood and claiming that all Jews never do anything on Saturday.

Yes, there will be no Christmas party in the Royal Palace in Saudi Arabia.

Why would there be?

They are a Muslim country, not a Christian one.

But there will, indeed, be a Christmas party here.

Why would there be?

Because we are a Christian country, not a Muslim one.

Oh, we're a SECULARIZED Christian country, but a Christian one, nonetheless; Nova Europa... the entire New World being an extension of Christendom.

Hell... on government property, we might even call it a Holiday Party, just to keep the Snowflakes from making too much noise...

But Christmas itself is a Federal holiday and government employees get the day off with pay...

Everybody knows what's going on... wink-wink... nudge, nudge...

See? There's a middle-ground work-around for everything... including LibTard objections about Christmas.

Ramadan doesn't require rest all day. It requires no food or drink be taken during the day. I've worked with many Muslims over the years and they don't take off during Ramadan; they stoke up before sunrise and after sundown. You can't just go by what happened in Saudi Arabia. That's like going to an ultra-orthodox Jewish neighborhood and claiming that all Jews never do anything on Saturday.
Why should State Department honor Muslim holidays?

Why should they honor any religious holidays?

Because we are a Judeo-Christian nation and not a bunch of communist heathens.

How many will die because of this snub to the religion of peace?

Of course there will be no revenge.

In Ramadan Massacre, Egyptian Christians Killed for Refusing to Renounce Their Faith in Jesus

In Ramadan Massacre, Egyptian Christians Killed for Refusing to Renounce Their Faith in Jesus - JVIM

NOTE: the headlines are from the articles proved.
The enforcement of Sharia law will allow them the day off.

Why not?

Forum List

Back