Excellent Street Bible Discussion, Insane Bible Thumpers Get PWND

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods, nothing more. It is not a positive belief or a claim to knowledge. Instead, it is the default position of doubt, uncertainty and skepticism one may have regarding any unbelievable or unprovable claims made by theists. Just as it takes no faith to lack belief in the boogy man or ghosts, it takes none to doubt the existence of a god or gods.

Every human-being ever born begins life as an implicit atheist and must be taught the concept of theism or, more commonly, indoctrinated with it.

Atheism has no sacred texts, objects, places or times, no rituals or creation stories, no positive beliefs, central tenants, modes of worship or supernatural claims, no implicit or derived moral codes, philosophies or world views and no central organization or church. It fulfills none of the criteria that define a religion.

A bullshit definition of atheism filled lies about what atheism is using a lot of unproven positive claims.

Last edited:
Think this through. Christianity is a knock off of ancient Pagen religions.
why do people keep making this fuckingly idiotic claim.....

Many early Christians celebrated Jesus' birthday on JAN-6. Armenian Christians still do. In Alexandria, in what is now Egypt, the birthday of their god-man, Aion, was also celebrated on JAN-6.

surprise you fool, January 6 means absolutely nothing to Christianity....

Christians and most Pagans eventually celebrated the birthday of their god-man on DEC-25.
According to an ancient Christian tradition, Christ died on MAR-23 and resurrected on MAR-25. These dates agree precisely with the death and resurrection of Attis.
Attis didn't resurrect.....
" Just as the marriage-song was being sung, Agdistis/Cybele appeared in her transcendent power, and Attis went mad and cut off his genitals. Attis' father-in-law-to-be, the king who was giving his daughter in marriage, followed suit, prefiguring the self-castrating corybantes who devoted themselves to Cybele. But Agdistis repented and saw to it that the body of Attis should neither rot at all nor decay.[6]"
Attis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Baptism was a principal ritual; it washed away a person's sins. In some rituals, Baptism was performed by sprinkling holy water on the believer; in others, the person was totally immersed.
The most important sacrament was a ritual meal of bread and wine which symbolize the god-man's body and blood. His followers were accused of engaging in cannibalism.
Early Christians initiated converts in March and April by baptism. Mithraism initiated their new members at this time as well.
Early Christians were naked when they were baptized. After immersion, they then put on white clothing and a crown. They carried a candle and walked in a procession to a basilica. Followers of Mithra were also baptized naked, put on white clothing and a crown, and walked in a procession to the temple. However, they carried torches.....etc.

characteristics of Roman post-Christian Mithraism, not the Babylonian pre-Christian Mithraism......

all these claims follow the same pattern.....you can demonstrate that Christianity copied pagan religions if you either 1) lie about Christianity or 2) lie about pagan religions.....

Last edited:
Yeah, they're called "militant" because they're so intelligent and logical.

That's the ticket.

"They claim that ‘repeated surveys, polls and studies show that most of us as individuals are not Christian in our beliefs or our religious identities’, and suggest that Mr Cameron is in danger of fuelling ‘enervating sectarian debates’.
"...Mr Cameron’s declaration that we live in a ‘Christian country’ is irrefutable. Our constitutional arrangements are bound up with the Anglican Church — a fact dismissed by the angry letter-writers as being of little importance.

"According to the comprehensive 2011 census, very nearly 60 per cent of the population in England and Wales describe themselves as Christian."

Read more: This new breed of militant atheists are as intolerant as any religious fundamentalists | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've come to realize after getting to know more and more jewish people that jewish people are the least moral/religious of all the religions. It's almost the religion for people who aren't really religious.

They don't call out the christian faith for being bullshit because they don't want the christians to call them out. Christianity is basically a spin off. Instead of All in the Family we have Archie's Place. Similar but different. You guys don't even call out the muslims and mormons because the same reasons they are bullshit, so are you. At how many members do you stop being a cult and become an official religion? And if born agains say catholics are going to hell, shouldn't catholics be safe and become born agains? Or what if the mormons are right and god told Joseph Smith basically the same thing I'm telling you, which is all the organized religions are bullshit. Only difference between me and Joseph Smith is I'm not starting a new religion. :cuckoo:

Christianity is not about being religious.
Christianity is about knowing God.

I do know a Jewish family that believes and they are firm believers in God. I almost wish they were my brothers and sisters so I'll pray for them.

Do you know how God treated unauthorized worship in the Old Testament? Just because people are religious doesn't mean their worship is authorized.

What happened when Nadab and Abihu died? No one was even allowed to mourn for them.

Who were Nadab and Abihu?

So let us proceed to the present.

Jude 1:3 ¶ Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

The faith was once delivered. Think this through. Where was Mormonism before Joseph Smith in the 1800's? Why does the Book of Mormon plagiarize the 1611 King James Bible?

If Christianity was once delivered and if Jude tells believers to fight for the faith that was once delivered then can you possibly see Mormonism as an add-on?

Since it is an add-on, it is unauthorized like Nadab and Abihu.
What do you think God is going to do with them?

Good points. The Christian "faith" was delivered during Christ's 3 year ministry and confirmed by His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension. The Christian faith is the New Covenant in Jesus Christ. The Old Testament prophesied about it and the New Testament reveals it. Jesus Christ is the central figure and focus of the "faith delivered to the saints."

Special just for Postmodern Prophet........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(holiday)

"Epiphany (Koine Greek: ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation", "striking appearance")[1] or Theophany[2] (Ancient Greek (ἡ) Θεοφάνεια, Τheophaneia meaning "vision of God"),[3] which traditionally falls on January 6, is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God the Son as a human being in Jesus Christ. Western Christians commemorate principally (but not solely) the visit of the Magi to the Baby Jesus, and thus Jesus' physical manifestation to the Gentiles. Eastern Christians commemorate the baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River, seen as his manifestation to the world as the Son of God.[4]"

Forum List

Back