Excellent keynote from Treasury Assistant Secretary Elizabeth Rosenberg - calling for 2022 to be a "year of action" on digital identity

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
She notes that Treasury will explore the idea of voluntary grants to states to help upgrade their systems to support digital identity apps.

Sure because I totally heart the idea of having to jump through even more steps just to renew my plates at the DMV once a year. :aargh:

Sure because I totally heart the idea of having to jump through even more steps just to renew my plates at the DMV once a year. :aargh:

How hard is it in your state?

In ours I go online and check like 5 boxes and boom the sticker shows up in the mail.

How hard is it in your state?

In ours I go online and check like 5 boxes and boom the sticker shows up in the mail.

Used to be that simple here but for some reason they decided that we needed 156 layers of security just to get to the log in ( well it feels like that). I guess there was a rash of people renewing other people's plates for them or something. If I recall correctly from last time, first I have to enter my DL number and date of birth, then I have to confirm the correct issue date, then I have to confirm my address, then I have to confirm my email, and then I get to the login which requires an ever growing number of digits every year so my last year password never seems to be correct even though I have it written down in my desk drawer so I have to do the password reset thing and then I have to think of a new strangely long password using upper/lower case letters, numbers and special symbols (think this year's minimum length was 14 characters) and then I have to log in and then I have to enter the number they text to me and only then do I get to the boxes to check etc.

Used to be that simple here but for some reason they decided that we needed 156 layers of security just to get to the log in ( well it feels like that). I guess there was a rash of people renewing other people's plates for them or something. If I recall correctly from last time, first I have to enter my DL number and date of birth, then I have to confirm the correct issue date, then I have to confirm my address, then I have to confirm my email, and then I get to the login which requires an ever growing number of digits every year so my last year password never seems to be correct even though I have it written down in my desk drawer so I have to do the password reset thing and then I have to think of a new strangely long password using upper/lower case letters, numbers and special symbols (think this year's minimum length was 14 characters) and then I have to log in and then I have to enter the number they text to me and only then do I get to the boxes to check etc.

That is painful.

I never really understood why you had to prove who you were when you were paying off taxes or other bills. Is there a problem with people logging on and paying bills for people? I mean personally I would be fine with it if someone paid my bills for me.

That is painful.

I never really understood why you had to prove who you were when you were paying off taxes or other bills. Is there a problem with people logging on and paying bills for people? I mean personally I would be fine with it if someone paid my bills for me.

You know comcast used to make me show my ID to pay my bill at the counter when I already had the stub and the check written out which was ridiculous. Now I just pay online.

My bank also recently started making me show ID when I make a deposit into my own account. Told them they are free to let other people make any deposits they want into my account ID free. If it is a teller that knows me, she just finds me in the pooter system. Apparently has something to do with "the new software"

Forum List

Back