Example of Cultural Decline...This Song is #1 For Longest in US History

Sadly, what passes for "music" today can't hold a candle to the classics. The days of groups like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones who could hold up over generations are gone.

My Sharona...

Huh... never paid attention to the lyrics, have you? It's really kind of a creepy song... So is Sting's Every Breath You Take when you stop to think about it...

Find yourself an oldies station and bust off the knob...

I maintain that the music you listen to for the first 25 years of your life is, for the most part, the music you listen to for the rest of your life.

It is a rare and delightful moment when I find a new group that inspires me to drop some cash on their CD or album. The last one was probably The Black Keys.

Best classic rock songs of all time
image.jpg

Jimi Hendrix, “Purple Haze”

I swear as God is my witness I cannot go on another day. How stupid have we become? Can we go back to the salad days of the Knack and my Sherona to find a more irritating song? Unbelievable. I give-up.
'Old Town Road' becomes longest-running No.1 hit on Billboard's Hot 100 - CNN

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Yeah, because the songs it replaced were so awesome!

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee's "Despacito," and

"One Sweet Day," by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men
Who? Give me “Interstate Love Song” any day. But I agree with the laughable nature of this. Artistically have we come to this? Covers of already bad songs?

I swear as God is my witness I cannot go on another day. How stupid have we become? Can we go back to the salad days of the Knack and my Sherona to find a more irritating song? Unbelievable. I give-up.

Yelling at clouds again grampa?

Kid is a genius. Mixing country and r+b , two biggest kinds of music right now .
He is a no talent chump and why doesn’t he write and produce his own music? Remember the song “Pop Music” from 1980’s? Nope? Well go sniff a big pile dogshit and you will get the picture.

Yelling at clouds again grampa?

Kid is a genius. Mixing country and r+b , two biggest kinds of music right now .
Here’s your steaming pile of dog crap. “Old Town Road”...”Pop Music” err excuse me “Muzik.” Two most dumbassed songs ever.

I don't listen to Hendrix much - but when I do, so do my neighbors.

Sadly, what passes for "music" today can't hold a candle to the classics. The days of groups like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones who could hold up over generations are gone.

This is the song it replaced...do you consider it a classic?

One Sweet Day - Google Search

I never mentioned those songs. The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have nothing to do with that. Though Carey did have a tremendous vocal range in her prime.

My Sharona...

Huh... never paid attention to the lyrics, have you? It's really kind of a creepy song... So is Sting's Every Breath You Take when you stop to think about it...

Find yourself an oldies station and bust off the knob...

I maintain that the music you listen to for the first 25 years of your life is, for the most part, the music you listen to for the rest of your life.

It is a rare and delightful moment when I find a new group that inspires me to drop some cash on their CD or album. The last one was probably The Black Keys.

And Every Breath You Take was the top song of the year the year it came out (1983 I think). Today it would be (perhaps rightly) considered a song about straight stalking a woman. Back in the day it was considered a song about love for a woman. Shows how the years can change meanings of even songs we may have enjoyed.

Forum List

Back