Exactly how did US roads and bridges build the first auto?

The federal government didn't pave any municipal road - smaller governments did - your local government...

Of course most progressives have absolutely no idea why they pay property taxes and have no idea where the money goes and what purpose the money serves.

So what?

Government is government, just executed at different levels

Amazing new things I've learned in this thread:

1) The federal government didn't build the interstates.
2) Dirt roads are just as efficient for transportation as paved ones - and cars can go just as fast!
3) New Caledonia has more roads per capita than the US (thanks to the US govt building roads in New Caledonia)
4) There are no parking meters in Libertyville, IL.

Feel free to add your own new findings.

Well, normal people can at least be consoled by the fact that all of these sorts of crackpot conservative ideas will never become reality, ever,

unless the world truly turns upside down, and at that point, you'll have a lot more to worry about anyway.

Funny - I've driven my Hummer just as fast off road as I have on paved roads. Do the engines on other vehicles somehow know there is not concrete beneath their tires and throttle down? :lol:

Like I said, please stop. I feel sorry for you. You are really embarassing yourself desperately trying to win an argument in which you are on the wrong side of the facts.

Road are nice - but they have NOTHING to do with the success of a business. If they did, then everyone would be a wealthy entreprenuer because everybody has access to the roads. And, we have successful entreprenuer's long before we ever had our first road. Your argument simpy doesn't hold up (and you liberals know it too - it's just that you're that desperate).

Aside from your retardedness about how grass and dirt are as easy to travel for cars as roads are.............I'm not even entertaining that part of your post cuz it's uber-dumb...

But the part I highlighted is the crux of stupidity. It blatantly shows that you can't think past your nose.

Nobody said roads make a business successful - and the fact that nobody did, makes your point about "then everyone would be a wealthy entrepreneur" just plain fucking dumb.

What they're saying, for idiots like you and Frank who need it spelled out for you.............

Is that roads are a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR to a successful business. Not the SOLE FACTOR, which is how someone with not too many brain-cells would take the statements.

Congratulations on being about as bright as an 8 year old.

And the PREDOMINANT FACTOR, G.T., is the individual himself which is why the nonsense that Obama spewed is so ridiculous. Everyone had some good teachers, everyone had roads and bridges but the individual who had the dream, the guts to put everything on the line to make a business come true is what made the difference for entreprenuers.

They worked longer hours, put up their life savings and usually put up all of their assets to make their dream come to fruition. As a result it became a promise for jobs to others...that make the difference in todays economy.

I really like the way you seem to ignore what was actually said......

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

Government is the be all, end all..... :thup:

The Government serves a purpose. Some things we do better as individuals other things we do better as part of a society. The Government is the ones who resolve things at a society level.

We are better off as a member of a society than we are as a group of individuals

The Government serves a purpose. Some things we do better as individuals other things we do better as part of a society. The Government is the ones who resolve things at a society level.

We are better off as a member of a society than we are as a group of individuals

Until the government starts getting over packed with self serving Marxists......

The federal government didn't pave any municipal road - smaller governments did - your local government...

Of course most progressives have absolutely no idea why they pay property taxes and have no idea where the money goes and what purpose the money serves.

No they didn't, but they did and have held the highway funds and matching funds for ransom, or blackmail if you will. But that is another topic. More to the point is the people living in those municipalities did pay for the pavement on their local roads, not a single entity. "We" means the people in that speech, I think.

Is there a souce for who said roads and bridges didn't build automobiles? Automobiles came about in part due to the idea that roads and bridges would allow travel. Travel was enabled much more efficiently by roads and bridges before and after the automobile. As things evolved better roadways and bridges and other means of transport an travel came about (a great percentage built by government both state and federal) allow shipment of all sorts of goods including automobiles. Most roads and bridges have been built by goverments and not single or a small group of individuals except perhaps on their own properties. Everything is interdependent whether we like it or not and if we had a fragmented, helter skelter approach to infrastructure and other things (by individuals), things wouldn't be as accessible or cost effective as they are now. (I'm not talking about government services but private enterprise that can function well with this infrastructure).

Sure, there are many problems with government but there will always be and thinking that if government went away or was severely limited would alleviate the problems is naive.

Last edited:

Until the government starts getting over packed with self serving Marxists......

That is why we have elections

Great country...Isn't it?

No they didn't, but they did and have held the highway funds and matching funds for ransom, or blackmail if you will. But that is another topic. More to the point is the people living in those municipalities did pay for the pavement on their local roads, not a single entity. "We" means the people in that speech, I think.

Exactly...

They didn't even build the highways.. Hell I have to pay a toll in Illinois to use the expressways or AKA tollways... I have to feed a meter in some towns and not others to park because they built and are responsible for those roads..

Besides, most "expressways" were not built until the 50's, but they weren't federal projects.

Exactly...

They didn't even build the highways.. Hell I have to pay a toll in Illinois to use the expressways or AKA tollways... I have to feed a meter in some towns and not others to park because they built and are responsible for those roads..

Besides, most "expressways" were not built until the 50's, but they weren't federal projects.

I think you missed the point. Your toll fee is part of the 'We' So is mine. Our federal gas tax is part of the same 'We'.

Per capita GDP in New Caledonia is higher than per capita GDP in Queens, NY.

New Caledonia is a rounding error compared to us.

But they are wealthier than Queens! And all those roads built with....

Government money! (our government,but whatever)

You might want to be more careful when you try to pull countries out of your ass, Frank. Bad choice.

So Obama can be President of New Caledonia when he's booted out in November and you can be his SecTres

Amazing new things I've learned in this thread:

1) The federal government didn't build the interstates.
2) Dirt roads are just as efficient for transportation as paved ones - and cars can go just as fast!
3) New Caledonia has more roads per capita than the US (thanks to the US govt building roads in New Caledonia)
4) There are no parking meters in Libertyville, IL.

Feel free to add your own new findings.

you didn't built that. someone else made that happen

Forum List

Back