Ex-Walmart CEO: How Biden supply chain is a ‘mess from start to finish’

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
Former Walmart president and CEO Bill Simon ripped the supply chain under President Joe Biden on Friday, calling it a "mess from start to finish."

"I've never seen it like this, and I don't really think anybody living in this country has," Simon told FOX Business’ Dagen McDowell. "I mean, this is really unprecedented."

Simon joined "Mornings with Maria" to react to Americans’ widespread criticism of Biden’s response to shipping challenges and rising consumer prices. The hashtag #EmptyShelvesJoe held its own as a top trend on Twitter Thursday evening.

"There's a shortage of labor in our distribution system and there's a shortage of people to put [items] on the shelf," Simon explained.

BIDEN RESPONDS TO SUPPLY CHAIN CRISIS, URGES PRIVATE SECTOR TO ‘STEP UP’

He suggested that Biden’s first step to overcoming supply chain disruptions is to address the ongoing worker shortage.

"I don't think this gets solved until we alleviate the labor shortage that's out there and get people driving trucks and unloading at the docks and stocking shelves," Simon said.

With shipping and inventory backlogs expected to carry into the holiday season, Simon believes giant retail stores will survive while small businesses could struggle to keep shelves stocked.

"Smaller retailers just can’t get the product," he said. "They're just going to be left with nothing. It's going to be difficult for them."

House Republicans penned a letter to the Biden administration Thursday asking to evaluate solutions for the "ongoing supply chain crisis," noting disruptions would continue into 2022.

Simon said he expects the current administration to pump more money into the economy.

"The funding isn't stopping from the government," Simon said. "We just saw the largest Social Security increase in 30 years... There's still this funnel of funds coming through," which builds more consumer demand.

And until that ends, Simon believes the U.S. will continue to face a labor shortage and, consequently, supply chain issues.

"They're making the well-thought calculus that it's better for them to stay out of the [job] market right now than it is to get in," he said.

No surprise here, paying people to sit at home in a huge job market is asinine. FDR forced many small businesses out with his NRA legislation and SCOTUS stopped it, we need SCOTUS again to corral the ignorant motherfucker we have now- OG

Former Walmart president and CEO Bill Simon ripped the supply chain under President Joe Biden on Friday, calling it a "mess from start to finish."

"I've never seen it like this, and I don't really think anybody living in this country has," Simon told FOX Business’ Dagen McDowell. "I mean, this is really unprecedented."

Simon joined "Mornings with Maria" to react to Americans’ widespread criticism of Biden’s response to shipping challenges and rising consumer prices. The hashtag #EmptyShelvesJoe held its own as a top trend on Twitter Thursday evening.

"There's a shortage of labor in our distribution system and there's a shortage of people to put [items] on the shelf," Simon explained.

He suggested that Biden’s first step to overcoming supply chain disruptions is to address the ongoing worker shortage.

"I don't think this gets solved until we alleviate the labor shortage that's out there and get people driving trucks and unloading at the docks and stocking shelves," Simon said.

With shipping and inventory backlogs expected to carry into the holiday season, Simon believes giant retail stores will survive while small businesses could struggle to keep shelves stocked.

"Smaller retailers just can’t get the product," he said. "They're just going to be left with nothing. It's going to be difficult for them."

House Republicans penned a letter to the Biden administration Thursday asking to evaluate solutions for the "ongoing supply chain crisis," noting disruptions would continue into 2022.

Simon said he expects the current administration to pump more money into the economy.

"The funding isn't stopping from the government," Simon said. "We just saw the largest Social Security increase in 30 years... There's still this funnel of funds coming through," which builds more consumer demand.

And until that ends, Simon believes the U.S. will continue to face a labor shortage and, consequently, supply chain issues.

"They're making the well-thought calculus that it's better for them to stay out of the [job] market right now than it is to get in," he said.

No surprise here, paying people to sit at home in a huge job market is asinine. FDR forced many small businesses out with his NRA legislation and SCOTUS stopped it, we need SCOTUS again to corral the ignorant motherfucker we have now- OG
The problem is Biden knows his administration is sabotaging our supply chain.....so he's not going to do anything but talk.....then have ice-cream.

I was unaware that the US which is a capitalist nation lets the US Federal Govt. run their business..

Last edited:
The many years that the govt. and corporations have discriminated and made every blemish on you life cost you from getting a job is back to haunt the bastards and I am enjoying it! Eat shit and live you dirty bastards.

Had the US built efficient and cost-reduced trade relations with Canada and Mexico, to the extent that would have counter-balanced the need/want for imported goods via waterways, this intentional stall would not be noticeable. The US will wake up one day, hopefully before it’s too late, and realize that our geographic neighbors (sharing same continent) are in fact important neighbors. If we view our shared land mass strategically, regardless of necessary borders to maintain sovereignty, a chain is a strong as its weakest link. I consider North America to be a chain in and of itself but has yet to be treated this way with good reason-corruption in abundance.

What did trump do about the crisis ? Nothing. At least Biden has implemented plans to deal with it.

would have been a lot more useful if he had an idea how to do this.

Did you miss it? In essence we must stop paying people to stay home. This is not difficult to figure out. The Biden Administration doesn’t want that. They are either REALLY dumb or traitors. It is that simple.

Did you miss it? In essence we must stop paying people to stay home.

Except that is not what he said in the article.

This is not difficult to figure out. The Biden Administration doesn’t want that. They are either REALLY dumb or traitors. It is that simple.

Except that they have. The extra UE that Congress passed and Biden could not stop is now done. Yet the jobs numbers have not really gotten any better since that happened.

There might be more at play than just BIDEN BAD. But that seems to be beyond you.

Except that is not what he said in the article.

Except that they have. The extra UE that Congress passed and Biden could not stop is now done. Yet the jobs numbers have not really gotten any better since that happened.

There might be more at play than just BIDEN BAD. But that seems to be beyond you.

Yes that is exactly what he said in the article. What does this mean to you?

There is more to the freebees than just extra UE. The child tax credit was the latest giveaway and there is talk of yet another stimulus. People are not working because they don’t have to work. It is not any more difficult than that.

Last edited:
Without interference in the market, how would a system become corporatist?

corporatist - a person who advocates for the control of a state or organization by large interest groups.

Would this not be beneficial to large corporations?

Stann
Guess you haven't heard but Trump isn't the POTUS and hasn't been since last year. There wasn't a problem last year.

This year there is a problem and Bidung is the POTUS. So you blaming Trump is as silly as silly gets.

Forum List

Back