Ex-Trump campaign official Gates sentenced to 45 days in jail

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Slap on the wrist..cooperation pays:

Ex-Trump campaign official Gates sentenced to 45 days in jail

"Richard Gates, a former Trump deputy campaign chairman and top aide, on Tuesday was sentenced to 45 days in jail after pleading guilty to charges involving financial fraud and lying to federal investigators.
Gates also received three years of probation and a $20,000 fine. But he avoided a significant prison sentence thanks to the assistance he gave prosecutors.
Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who was appointed by former President Obama, ruled that Gates could choose to serve the jail sentence intermittently, and when it's convenient for him.
In handing down the sentence, Jackson made note of Gates's extensive cooperation with the special counsel and the fact that he is caring for his sick wife and their four children.
In a brief statement in the courtroom, Gates choked up as he expressed regret for the crimes.
"I accept completely my responsibility for my actions," he said."

You know, considering what all has been exposed, I’d be curious to find out if the info he supposedly provided was in truth, fact or not re Stone and Manafort.

The remaining free Trump cronies' only hope is that none of them talk. That's why Trump is so into intimidating witnesses and rejecting subpoena's. If enough of them talk, they'll all go to jail.

What did Hillary get for lying to the FBI, destroying evidence and ignoring laws protecting classified materials?

Oh....right.

Forum List

Back