Ex Marine Tosses Occupy Heckler from Congressmen's swearing in

At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat. A mere threat to harm is not an assault; however, a threat combined with a raised fist might be sufficient if it causes a reasonable apprehension of harm in the victim.

Intent is an essential element of assault. In tort law, it can be specific intent—if the assailant intends to cause the apprehension of harmful or offensive contact in the victim—or general intent—if he or she intends to do the act that causes such apprehension. In addition, the intent element is satisfied if it is substantially certain, to a reasonable person, that the act will cause the result. A defendant who holds a gun to a victim's head possesses the requisite intent, since it is substantially certain that this act will produce an apprehension in the victim. In all cases, intent to kill or harm is irrelevant.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4409432

so no apology is necessary from me, how about from you?

"In all cases, intent to kill or harm is irrelevant."

I am waiting for your admission of being wrong.

At common law? Most of the laws are statutory now. based on the common law, but not common law.

Not to mention the statutes very state by state and depending on whether we are talking criminal charges or tort law.

From the linked article above:
"Statutory definitions of assault in the various jurisdictions throughout the United States are not substantially different from the common-law definition."

Keep on diggin there bub. Upi really should not be coming to Houses aid on this matter.
Not good for your image on here.

I done whooped two asses on this thread and I kinda like you. Lets keep it that way?

You claimed "assault", not all the various other definitions you're trying to throw around (that aren't "assault")...

You were wrong and won't admit it... I understand - it's how you roll....

I expect nothing less from you...

Every now and then one of them needs their head bashed in and the police will look the other way.

Hell in other countries the police would beat the living shit out of these scumbags. In Germany the police would beat you until their arms hurt from beating you from what I saw on idiots like these people.

Which is why I am Eternally grateful that I live in the United States. A nation that, for now, believes in Due Process, liberty, and obeying the laws of the land.

Usually. You ever hear of Hurricane Carter? The Memphis 3? The dude who got dragged out on his arse by a marine at a swearing in process? Is that your idea of obeying laws?

Actually, there is less crime over in Germany because people don't have the balls to get out of line here.

Here people can attack the police and get away with it. Occupy Germany would be a mass ass-whooping.

Every now and then one of them needs their head bashed in and the police will look the other way.

Hell in other countries the police would beat the living shit out of these scumbags. In Germany the police would beat you until their arms hurt from beating you from what I saw on idiots like these people.

Which is why I am Eternally grateful that I live in the United States. A nation that, for now, believes in Due Process, liberty, and obeying the laws of the land.

At common law? Most of the laws are statutory now. based on the common law, but not common law.

Not to mention the statutes very state by state and depending on whether we are talking criminal charges or tort law.

"Statutory definitions of assault in the various jurisdictions throughout the United States are not substantially different from the common-law definition."

Keep on diggin there bub. Upi really should not be coming to Houses aid on this matter.

I done whooped two asses on this thread and I kinda like you. Lets keep it that way?

You claimed "assault", not all the various other definitions you're trying to throw around (that aren't "assault")...

HUH? You do have a reading comprehension problem.

Well have fun in whatever universe you live in.
Obviously one where you are never wrong.

Actually, there is less crime over in Germany because people don't have the balls to get out of line here.

Here people can attack the police and get away with it. Occupy Germany would be a mass ass-whooping.

Id prefer freedom to a police state.

Germany is not a police state, in fact they have more loose laws than us.

The POINT is when you step out of line over there, they will kick your ass.

Germany is not a police state, in fact they have more loose laws than us.

The POINT is when you step out of line over there, they will kick your ass.

What is your definition of stepping out of line, Sock Puppet?

HUH? You do have a reading comprehension problem.

Well have fun in whatever universe you live in.
Obviously one where you are never wrong.

Your words are there.... You can pretend they aren't....

Reality is cruel sometimes....

"Do you socks....."

Uh, quit with the monkey talk, monkey.

You would be gone in the first 10 minutes.

You left-wing anarchists talk a lot of shit but in the end you would be wiped out by us. The police will raise the bar of violence on you each day until you go away....but if you ever cause chaos across the country, then hell will come down on you.

Just watch the The Unforgiven where Clint Eastwood threatens the town before he leaves....

Movie quotes? Really? Do you socks match and when do you get your meds?

Monkey talk? Hahaha.

Wow. I forgot an "r", did you forget you meds?

I get the distinct impression that some conservatives want the nation to collapse just so they can live out some pathetic Red Dawn fantasy where liberals do not have guns too.

No, we just watch you on TV rioting and then thinking you'd better not come to our neighborhood.:eusa_shhh:

I get the distinct impression that some conservatives want the nation to collapse just so they can live out some pathetic Red Dawn fantasy where liberals do not have guns too.

Silly occupied. It's the Occupy movement that wants the nation to collapse. We want it restored.

Forum List

Back