Evolution Question

If we evolved from the oceans, how come we can't drink salt water?

Because it's been at least a billion years since the first animals crawled out of the sea and we've evolved further. Our renal system has been accustomed to fresh water and drinking sea water causes more water to be excreted than the amount taken in, leading to dehydration.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
People did evolve. CornHole is proof positive that Negro people engage in sexual activities with apes.

Jillian,

Thank you for the apology. It is nice to know that there are still women who know-their-place. I hope you have a nice day.

Fr. Yukon

our bodies are the same percentage of salt and water as the ocean.

poor frank.

a mind is a terrible thing to waste. :cuckoo:

Have a grown up read the OP to you and take off your partisan blinders.

Why can't we drink salt water? How is that an effective evolutionary strategy?

We should be able to readily drink either fresh or salt water

I understand why you have a serious problem with thought provoking questions, it's apparent in your "answers"

Jillian,

You are wrong.

you know, you're right. i'm not being exact. our bodies are 65% water... the earth is 98% water... but only about 2% of the water on earth is fresh ...

frank is so ignorant, i let my standards down. lol..

I'm so ignorant yet I'm still waiting for you to tell me:

1. When the New Deal ended the Great Depression

2. Why you're still defending the Communist spies outed by Joe McCarthy

3. If we evolved from the oceans how come we can't drink salt water?

There is a lot of ignorance here for sure and you're the Black Hole at the center of the Ignorant Galaxy

Jillian,

You are wrong.

you know, you're right. i'm not being exact. our bodies are 65% water... the earth is 98% water... but only about 2% of the water on earth is fresh ...

frank is so ignorant, i let my standards down. lol..

I'm so ignorant yet I'm still waiting for you to tell me:

1. When the New Deal ended the Great Depression

2. Why you're still defending the Communist spies outed by Joe McCarthy

3. If we evolved from the oceans how come we can't drink salt water?

There is a lot of ignorance here for sure and you're the Black Hole at the center of the Ignorant Galaxy

Well you can drink salt water. If you can get past the gag reflex.

On a side note, while we can not live on drinking salt water. You can stave of dehydration by giving yourself a salt water enema. So it would seem we are capable of extracting fresh water from Salt water at least in some way.

Because it's been at least a billion years since the first animals crawled out of the sea and we've evolved further. Our renal system has been accustomed to fresh water and drinking sea water causes more water to be excreted than the amount taken in, leading to dehydration.

It's interesting to note that ocean dwelling mammals, such as dolphins, also cannot drink seawater. They get the water they need from the bodies of the fish they eat."

But you'll admit that if evolution or Intelligent Designed worked as advertised, then we would be have evolved or developed the ability to safely process salt water for drinking.

What a HUGE design flaw!

Forum List

Back