Evolution of Stealing

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
The problem is, we don't.
We lock up the kid who shoplifts from Tube Socks, but the CEO who loots his company and demands a bailout gets off scott free.
That's all manner of fucked up.

When people get away with theft, it teaches them that theft is ok, its it escalates and gets worse.
That pair of tube socks today, is somebody's bicycle tomorrow, is a Cadillac escalade next year, is pick pocketing and armed robbery after that, is burglary and home invasion after that... is somebody's life after that.

And you can ask any criminal in prison who is willing to admit it... that's basically the evolution of their crimes.

And shoplifting hurts people's businesses, just like stealing personal property damages people's standard of living.
And it doesn't matter who you steal from... it isn't yours to have, and the kid has a whole lot to learn.

In Demark they have bike rental dispensers without a human eye watching the bikes...
In the USA we can't have that....

Because the city would be just providing free bikes and never see them again.

Last edited:
I don't see a link that supports your opinion and since you bolded part of this, it looks as though you are quoting a link. If this is all your opinion, you contradict yourself.

I do agree with you that its idiotic to lock up a petty thief while rewarding corporate theft but, in this country, money makes the difference. If you're poor, you're going to jail. And if you're poor and Black, you'll be lucky if you're not shot in the street for those tube socks.

Getting away with crime does not teach anyone that crime is okay. It teaches that its possible to get away with crime.

In Boston, you can rent a car or a bike from places all over the city. When you finish with the car/bike, you return it the lot that's closest to you. They have not had much theft.

Why is this in Politics?

• Banned
I don't see a link that supports your opinion and since you bolded part of this, it looks as though you are quoting a link. If this is all your opinion, you contradict yourself.

I do agree with you that its idiotic to lock up a petty thief while rewarding corporate theft but, in this country, money makes the difference. If you're poor, you're going to jail. And if you're poor and Black, you'll be lucky if you're not shot in the street for those tube socks.

Getting away with crime does not teach anyone that crime is okay. It teaches that its possible to get away with crime.

In Boston, you can rent a car or a bike from places all over the city. When you finish with the car/bike, you return it the lot that's closest to you. They have not had much theft.

Why is this in Politics?

and teaching people that they can get away with crime is just as bad.

I had thought he was actually posting conversations but its just spam.

Blue Jay, why don't you report your own posts and ask the mods to combine them.

I had thought he was actually posting conversations but its just spam.

Blue Jay, why don't you report your own posts and ask the mods to combine them.

Reminds me of when someone who I can't stand calls me and starts rambling. I put down the receiver, but pick it up every once in a while to go "uh, hu!"

I liked you better when you were 'Going to Heaven.'

very funny, McGhee. Bluejay sounds like a young person sharing his thoughts about what he sees in the world. It does not have to be a perfect assessment - does it? I am guessing he is in his 20's. What were we talking about in our 20's?

Not this kind of crap. I was talking about work or chicks.

Did you ever see the movie called, The Devil's due? It begins with a mad cabbie...

Bluejay is trying to share his thoughts on the evolution of crime. I see no harm in that. He may eventually get to the source of it all and decide to join the winning team. (Jesus Christ)

Did you ever see the movie called, The Devil's due? It begins with a mad cabbie...

Bluejay is trying to share his thoughts on the evolution of crime. I see no harm in that. He may eventually get to the source of it all and decide to join the winning team. (Jesus Christ)

But what does it have to do with politics?

Not if I can reach the buzzer first.

But what does it have to do with politics?

I don't know either...

Forum List

Back