Evolution- messy but fascinating

The mistake that those hostile to the fact of evolution make is to incorrectly perceive the Earth as static and unchanging, when in fact the Earth has undergone significant changes during its nearly 5 billion years of existence.

Evolution is the process that allows life to adapt to constant change; absent that process life on Earth would have been extinguished long ago.

See the far left has shown they do not understand evolution and sure as hell does not practice it.
Thats nice, but ,if true, that doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not evolution is true, now does it?

And how would you suggest people "practice" evolution?

Thanks for proving my comments!

If you do not know how to practice it, then you have shown you do not understand it.

You are told to believe and you do, while not understanding it, much less practicing it.
Okay.

So how would you suggest someone "practice" evolution?

And they do it again, just give t up, you lost the instant you asked that question..

Poor little far eft drones, unable to process their own religious directions.

I am curious.

Where you too scared to read the article?

Or just not capable of reading it?

what he said was pretty funny, he said the same thing about you that you said about him but in an academic manner

In any case I love evolution and I really believe we as individuals can manipulate the design of humans of the future through what we do today with ourselves, I believe evolution allows us to alter our gene pool naturally, I believe someone becoming an academic will produce a child/children with higher IQ's than would otherwise be the case if that same person did not have as much schooling/education but everything else remained equal...have you ever read "Beak Of The Finch"? it got me to take a good hard look at evolution because of how fascinating it was/is.

See the far left has shown they do not understand evolution and sure as hell does not practice it.
Thats nice, but ,if true, that doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not evolution is true, now does it?

If you do not know how to practice it, then you have shown you do not understand it.

You are told to believe and you do, while not understanding it, much less practicing it.
Okay.

And they do it again, just give t up, you lost the instant you asked that question..

Okay.

It seems it would be simpler and take less effort for you just to explain how you would suggest someone "practice" evolution. But I guess I am not worthy of this explanation. :(

, I believe someone becoming an academic will produce a child/children with higher IQ's than would otherwise be the case if that same person did not have as much schooling/education but everything else remained equal...
That sounds suspiciously like LaMarckism . By what mechanism would you suggest the education alters the genetics of a living human, or its gametes?

Okay.

Okay.

It seems it would be simpler and take less effort for you just to explain how you would suggest someone "practice" evolution. But I guess I am not worthy of this explanation. :(

Yes you lost, get over it!
I'm trying. But, if you ever work up the stones to suggest how people should "practice" evolution, look me up.

Okay.

Okay.

I'm trying. But, if you ever work up the stones to suggest how people should "practice" evolution, look me up.

It is your belief that it is science and thus you believe without question or hesitation.

If you do not know how to practice that which you claim to believe in, that is on you and no one else.

But yes you lost!

Okay.

Okay.

It is your belief that it is science and thus you believe without question or hesitation.

If you do not know how to practice that which you claim to believe in, that is on you and no one else.

But yes you lost!
I guess I don't know. Yes, that's on me. Could you explain it to me?

That sounds suspiciously like LaMarckism . By what mechanism would you suggest the education alters the genetics of a living human, or its gametes?
Not sure who/what LaMarckism is or why you would find it suspicious but mine is just an idea I believe but would not try to sell as a certainty.

as for the "mechanism" I can only guess it would be our genes themselves, they would absorb information in the same way brain cells do [you do believe in that don't you?] and they do alter our minds and they/we do pass that knowledge on to others, and then those genes would pass that on to offspring the way brain cells allow information to be processed by the mind...
one of the lessons of darwin is that whatever we do repetitively through necessity or otherwise will be passed on through evolution, all the Islands of the galapagos have finch on them and each Islands finch had different beaks uniquely suited for eating the food on that particular Island, one cannot simply write that off as coincidence, those beaks developed from the genes adapting to it's environment through the finch's use of their beak.

as for the "mechanism" I can only guess it would be our genes themselves, they would absorb information in the same way brain cells do [you do believe in that don't you?]

You should look up LaMarckism. It was the competing hypothesis to natural selection at the time, and it was debunked. Think: A giraffe lives around tall trees. By the action stretching its neck to reach food, it has offspring with longer necks.

How would the genes absorb this information, or be changed? By what mechanism? Brain cells are more complicated, and they store information in the form of active potentials. Chromosomes are much simpler, and store information in lines of code. These lines of code can be altered by mistakes (like in cancer), but there is no reason to believe (that I know of) that they can be altered (changing their lines of code) by behaviors.

You should look up LaMarckism. It was the competing hypothesis to natural selection at the time, and it was debunked. Think: A giraffe lives around tall trees. By the action stretching its neck to reach food, it has offspring with longer necks.

How would the genes absorb this information, or be changed? By what mechanism? Brain cells are more complicated, and they store information in the form of active potentials. Chromosomes are much simpler, and store information in lines of code. These lines of code can be altered by mistakes (like in cancer), but there is no reason to believe (that I know of) that they can be altered (changing their lines of code) by behaviors.
You have me in a tough spot and a disadvantage here because I am arguing theory not verifiable fact, I made it clear these were the things I believe, not the things I know, but I will give lamarck a read, in the mean time why don't you explain why a giraffe does have a long neck? and
how does a brain cell absorb information?

in the mean time why don't you explain why a giraffe does have a long neck?
Well, the accepted explanation is selection, by which those with longer necks had an advantage in survival and/or reproduction over those with shorter necks. This can be due to a combination of factors, and even non-selection factors, like genetic drift.

Well, the accepted explanation is selection, by which those with longer necks had an advantage in survival and/or reproduction over those with shorter necks. This can be due to a combination of factors, and even non-selection factors, like genetic drift.
Not what I was asking but ok, [I already understand natural selection] my belief does not alter or compete with natural selection, it just adds certain nuances to the equation

By using "action potentials", as I have read. It's essentially, a binary system for coding information.
and is there a finding that precludes genes from having the ability to absorb behavioral patterns? or even better, is it certain genes do not have their own version of "action potentials"? [I am not claiming genes have them] and did we push the OP out of his own thread?

and is there a finding that precludes genes from having the ability to absorb behavioral patterns?
Yes and no. Genetic testing seems to reveal no real change in genetic material. But it has recently been found that certain genes that already exist may be turned on or off by environmental factors, and then this on/off state passed to offspring.. But this is not so much "pure lamarcksim,", as the genes already exist in the code.

Forum List

Back