Evil Repubs: "We must pay for unemployment benefits" Democrats: "No"

Why is it so hard to simply pay for the extension? Pointing fingers and saying 'he did it first' is not going to solve anything. Please explain why you do not want to pay for the extention first and maybe we will get somewhere.

The Republicans only got fiscal responsibility religion when they were no longer the majority and no longer could dictate where the money was spent. Now that the Democrats can do what the Republicans could do for a decade, suddenly the Republicans are born again deficit hawks.

I say pay for the the UE extension, and a few other things, by doubling the royalties on oil drilling on federal lands and waters.

Unemployment extension would be a good economic stimulus. The GOoPers don't want the economy to improve until after the November elections. Therefore, no unemployment benefit extensions as far as they're concerned.

Maybe they don't want to make things worse in the misguided effort to make things better. Unemployment is better than most attempts to stimulate the economy through government action because it puts money into the hands of people who need it, but money does not grow on trees, and forcing the country deeper into debt is a bad thing.
It's part of the broken window fallacy. You may say that unemployment puts money into the economy but where is that money coming from in the first place? The economy.

Fraudulent claims drained $25 million from the New Jersey unemployment-insurance program system each of the last two years and are on pace to cost even more this year, according to state records obtained by The Star-Ledger.

The number of bogus claims — more than 7,300 last year — reflects the desperation of cash-strapped workers as they struggle through the recession, authorities said. Many of the fraudulent claims came from workers who had been laid off but continued to collect benefits after finding new employment, labor officials said.

Fraudulent claims have robbed $97 million from the fund since the start of 2006, according to data obtained through an Open Public Records Act request. About one-third of that money will never be recovered, officials said.

The high incidence of fraud comes as New Jersey — like many other states — struggles to plug a shortfall in its jobless fund. Last week, with the fund facing a $1.8 billion deficit, the Legislature established a task force to study the fund’s insolvency, and tightened benefit restrictions for workers who are fired for misconduct.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/nj_unemployment_insurance_fund.html

Our UI just went up $130 per employee. Thankfully Christie managed to prevent it going up to $300. That's where the money comes from.

This is the stuff that they KNOW about. My guess is it's only a fraction of what's really being stolen.

When is the GOP going to start paying for our invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan? And since WHEN did the GOP start caring about paying for things?

The GOP doesn't pay.

The CURRENT REGIME in congress makes those decisions.

Tell me VA Yank, who controls congress right now?

More importantly what POTUS has authority to draw down the troops with or WITHOUT input from Congress?

Sorry, so[port but you cannot JUST blame this on the GOP.

The DEMS own this deficit no less than the Reps, own it.

They both set this nation up to FAIL.

They've been doing that good cop/bad cop game my entire freaking life.
Nice dodge, editec.

Not a dodge at all.

The Republican Leadership are big spending Insiders, agreed?

Let me rephrase to make it simpler for you to comprehend

Thanks! Cause you know, I'm not very smart

When will the GOP start demanding that we pay for our invasion and occupation of Iraq and Asghanistan?

NEVER!

Nor will you get any Republican partisan to EVEN ACKNOWLEGE that BUSH II ran that war OFF BUDGET.

We're on the SAME page here, as it regards the transgressions of the Rs, sport.

Why haven't they made these demands in the past?

Because they're lying partisan scum, why else?

Why are they only now demanding we pay for unemployment benefits?

Because they HATE the working class and democracy and social justice. Why else?

The invasions and occupations have cost us over a trillion dollars already.
And what have we gained?

Not a fucking thing.

So why is OBAMA continuing to piss away money on the same war?!

How much have the extension of unemployment benefits cost us?

You don't read very closely, do you?

Why are you EVADING the fact that OBAMA is the CiC?

He could, you know, withdraw the troops WITHOUT congressional approval. The Rs can't stop him and neither can the Ds!

He doesn't.

Why not?

So Spare me your partisan bullshit, okay?

Faulting Obama is not SUPPORTING the Republicans.

It is pointing out what you apparently miss.

They are the SAME fucking party, sport.

They play the good cop/bad cop game...one side pretending to care about the workers (but failing them); the other side pretending to care about fiscal responsibility (and spending like drunken sailors that make the Insiders rich)

WAKE the fuck up!

Faulting the Ds is NOT supporting the Rs

Faulting the Rs is NOT supporting the Ds.

It is defending the TRUTH of the matter.

Last edited:
Republicans let PAYGO expire because they couldn't do their tax cuts and Medicare part D, aka budget busters, under PAYGO rules. The deficits created by both of those, plus the ongoing cost of the Iraq war, comprise a major portion of what is called Obama's deficit.

Realizing that much of the deficit was their, the current problem is, Obama keeps ADDING to the it. If he were truly about "Change", he would have worked toward reducing it not increasing it.

Well there's an insidious cycle at work that's been going on for decades. Republicans run on cutting taxes, increasing military spending, reducing the size of the rest of government, and balancing the budget.

When they get in power, they do one and two, and ignore three and four, and leave power with another round of massive deficits in place, and then, the Democrats are expected to fix it.

The problem is, obviously, that any real fix is politically toxic.

"the Democrats are expected to fix it" So is it your contention that all problems come/came from the Repubs and the Dems just try to fix them? I guess the Dems way of "fixing" the problems is to throw more money, that we do not have, at the problems. I say that each party is equally responsible for our current situations. Being blinded by partisanship does not help. We need to hold them all accountable to the office they hold and the job they swore to uphold regardless of the "D" or "R" beside their names.

The GOP doesn't pay.

The CURRENT REGIME in congress makes those decisions.

Tell me VA Yank, who controls congress right now?

More importantly what POTUS has authority to draw down the troops with or WITHOUT input from Congress?

Sorry, so[port but you cannot JUST blame this on the GOP.

The DEMS own this deficit no less than the Reps, own it.

They both set this nation up to FAIL.

They've been doing that good cop/bad cop game my entire freaking life.

Not a dodge at all.

NEVER!

Nor will you get any Republican partisan to EVEN ACKNOWLEGE that BUSH II ran that war OFF BUDGET.

Not a fucking thing.

How much have the extension of unemployment benefits cost us?

He could, you know, withdraw the troops WITHOUT congressional approval. The Rs can't stop him and neither can the Ds!

He doesn't.

Why not?

They play the good cop/bad cop game...one side pretending to care about the workers (but failing them); the other side pretending to care about fiscal responsibility (and spending like drunken sailors that make the Insiders rich)

WAKE the fuck up!

It is the partisan tactics of the R supporters that I addressed in my post. They hate anything Obama does and yet look the other way when their Rs hypocrisy is brought to light.

Now, as far as Obama continuing and actually escalating our fight in Afghanistan? I hated the idea. He ran on a platform of bringing our troops home, and I do believe he will get that done far sooner that McCain and/or Palin ever would have, however, it is not soon enough for me. We CANNOT win this fight and we need to accept that fact and stop throwing good money after bad at the problem and stop thorwing away the lives of our American soldiers, sport. <sorry, I couldn't resist using your childish playground tactics>

Republicans want to pay for unemployment extension without adding to the national debt and Democrats say screw you....

I guess we know who is really responsible for our debt growing to the size it is.... What's wrong with Democrats? And why can't the US government live by a budget like Obama is telling the US citizens to live by.... Once again more hypocrisy....

Democrats, are you not embarrassed by your leaders yet????? The same thing that is happening to Illinois is happening to the Federal Government and most of you Democrats either don't give a shit or are just to stupid to understand. Sad....

Dems refuse compromise to extend unemployment benefits | Washington Examiner

When is the GOP going to start paying for our invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan? And since WHEN did the GOP start caring about paying for things?

I could care less about the GOP. We, as Americans should care. Do you suggest that because you do not like the GOP, we should wait until the Dems are not in power to care about the deficit? At some point sooner than later, we need to drop the partisan politics and worry about the country. At what point do you suggest we do that? Do you not see the hugh deficit as a problem for generations to come?

Now, as far as Obama continuing and actually escalating our fight in Afghanistan? I hated the idea. He ran on a platform of bringing our troops home, and I do believe he will get that done far sooner that McCain and/or Palin ever would have, however, it is not soon enough for me. We CANNOT win this fight and we need to accept that fact and stop throwing good money after bad at the problem and stop thorwing away the lives of our American soldiers, sport. <sorry, I couldn't resist using your childish playground tactics>

One theory as to why he's been letting this drag on is because the economy at home is so bad.

Not a dodge at all.

NEVER!

Not a fucking thing.

He doesn't.

Why not?

WAKE the fuck up!

It is the partisan tactics of the R supporters that I addressed in my post. They hate anything Obama does and yet look the other way when their Rs hypocrisy is brought to light.

We were told the same bullshit 'cannot win' in Iraq and that apparently was not true. The fight is expensive and may not be worth it but that is different than cannot win. The fight was started in Afghanistan for good reason, that is where the fight is supposed to be. I never supported going into Iraq though I did support finishing it once we were there. I fully support the attack on Afghanistan. That is where we should have stayed.

Last edited:
The Republicans only got fiscal responsibility religion when they were no longer the majority and no longer could dictate where the money was spent. Now that the Democrats can do what the Republicans could do for a decade, suddenly the Republicans are born again deficit hawks.

I say pay for the the UE extension, and a few other things, by doubling the royalties on oil drilling on federal lands and waters.

Unemployment extension would be a good economic stimulus. The GOoPers don't want the economy to improve until after the November elections. Therefore, no unemployment benefit extensions as far as they're concerned.

so you are of the Pelosi school of economics? okey doke.

It's the conservative mantra that putting more money in people's pockets will help the economy; they are of course referring to tax cuts. But more money is more money, so anything stimulative benefit you want to claim for a tax cut can also be claimed for an unemployment extension.

So, in true repuglicant hypocritcal style, all this shit about how we have to pay for the extension of unemployemnt benefits (wich 43% of Repugs in the Senate favor) without cutting something else in the budget, yet NOT ONE REPUG IS WILLING TO SUPPORT THE FRACKING BUSH TAX CUTS, WHICH HAVE NO OFFSETTING CUT IN THE FEDERAL BUDGET.

The electorate gave a bimbo an American Express credit card and dropped her off on Rodeo drive.

It isn't their/her credit. Time to pahteeee!

bush_wgirls1.jpg

So, in true repuglicant hypocritcal style, all this shit about how we have to pay for the extension of unemployemnt benefits (wich 43% of Repugs in the Senate favor) without cutting something else in the budget, yet NOT ONE REPUG IS WILLING TO SUPPORT THE FRACKING BUSH TAX CUTS, WHICH HAVE NO OFFSETTING CUT IN THE FEDERAL BUDGET.

What if you had the following scenario....

You can only afford to do one thing:

Buy a pain killer that will get rid of the pain but not cure the ailment

Buy a drug that will get rid of the ailment but not get rid of the pain until the ailment is gone.

Sorry guy. You spun the truth.....again.

Wrong again ye brainwashed dolts.
2 sets of puppets, one party.
Ever wonder why they call it a party ?
YOU are the piñatas !

It's Unanimous! GOP Says No To Unemployment Benefits, Yes To Tax Cuts For The Rich | TPMDC

A fun fact to know and tell about the number of jobs created under the shrub.

In his Eight (08) years in office, during which georgie porgie spent over two (02) years on vacation, little boy bush created a grand sum total of......wait for it.....Three Million (3,000,000) jobs.

During the last Four (04) months of his Eight (08) years in office, the monthly rate of job loss was Seven Hundred Fifty Thousand (750,000) jobs a month.

Which means all you rabid repugnant party members, that in the last Four (04) Months of his administration, more jobs were lost under bushie baby, than were created in the full Eight (08) years of his time in office.

Mr. Obama is creating and saving jobs, all the shrub ever did was drive our nation's economy into a ditch, which making the U.S. the single largest debtor nation in world. While turning our economy over the People's Republic of (Communist) China.

Not a dodge at all.

NEVER!

Not a fucking thing.

He doesn't.

Why not?

WAKE the fuck up!

It is the partisan tactics of the R supporters that I addressed in my post.

Then don't address that complaint to me and don't question my motives for why I fault OBAMA for what he DOES or DOES not do.

I fault Obama for those policies he does that I object to.

That's my job as a CITIZEN.

They hate anything Obama does and yet look the other way when their Rs hypocrisy is brought to light.

Of course they do.

They are fucking clueless partisans and that's what partisan pukes who put their party ahead of their nation typically do.

Now, as far as Obama continuing and actually escalating our fight in Afghanistan? I hated the idea.

So why bring me up short for pointing out what we BOTH understand is the continuation by OBAMA of what we both agree is a truly STUPID foreign policy?

He ran on a platform of bringing our troops home, and I do believe he will get that done far sooner that McCain and/or Palin ever would have, however, it is not soon enough for me.

Actually... Obama is doing EXACTLY what he said he'd do while he was campaigning

He is drawing down troops in Iraq and increasing troops in Afghanistan.

I objected to that policy even before he took office, but he is doing EXACTLY what he promised to do.

We CANNOT win this fight and we need to accept that fact and stop throwing good money after bad at the problem and stop thorwing away the lives of our American soldiers, sport. <sorry, I couldn't resist using your childish playground tactics>

We on the same page (or at least e same chapter) as it regards this issue, VA.

I don't know what you're defining as my "childish playground tactics", but I appreciate your comments on the subject at hand, anyway.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back