Evil Joooo Alert

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
:clap2:

Sandra-Samuel_1682001c.jpg

(Telegraph)- The Indian nanny who saved a Jewish toddler from militants who killed his parents during the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks is to be given Israeli citizenship.
Sandra Samuel, 46, a Christian from Goa, was looking after the two-year-old son of Gavriel Holtzberg and his wife, Rivka, when Pakistani gunmen attacked the Jewish centre they ran in the heart of Mumbai.
Mrs Samuel, a recently widowed mother of two, was on one of the lower floors of the Chabad House Jewish centre when she heard machine gun fire on the upper floors. But when the sound of gunfire subsided the following day, she heard two-year-old Moshe crying for her.
Instead of running away, she went upstairs to look for the toddler and found him covered in blood between the dead bodies of his parents. As the terrorist commandos stalked the roof, Mrs Samuel wrapped Moshe in a blanket and fled the building to safety.
She was immediately hailed for her heroism, but has struggled to secure an Israeli visa to help her remain in the country caring for Moshe, who now lives there with his maternal grandparents.

sandra-samuel-hero-nanny-of-mumbai.jpg

JERUSALEM – Israel granted honorary citizenship Monday to an Indian woman who braved gunfire to save an Israeli boy from the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks that killed both of his parents.
Sandra Samuel rescued 2-year-old Moshe Holtzberg from a Jewish center targeted by Islamic militants. She found him by his parents’ bodies and rushed him to safety.
Samuel has been caring for him in Israel since then. He is in the custody of his extended family.
Spokeswoman Sabine Haddad said Interior Minister Eli Yishai personally presented the certificate in recognition of Samuel’s bravery. She was also granted permanent residency status.
At a news conference, Samuel showed her new Israeli identification card to reporters as she held Moshe in her arms. “(Moshe) teaches me Hebrew, and if I don’t pronounce it properly, he keeps on repeating it, that I say it properly. He is a teacher now for me,” Samuel told Israeli Channel 2 TV. She told Army Radio she is “happy and very honored.”
Samuel, a widow, gave up her life in India and left her two sons to move to Israel.

Forum List

Back