Evil doer passes on into the great void of nothingness

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Evil doer passes on into the great void of nothingness, and with her goes the dishonesty, lies, and deceit that lay at the heart of Objectivism as a philosophy :eusa_shifty:

Barbara Branden Dies...

In 1954, Rand, who was also married, began an affair with Nathaniel, who was 25 years her junior. It commenced after a discussion led by Rand that can best be described as bizarre, involving Marxism, self-interest, the irrationality of the human sex drive and her desire that both her husband and Barbara Branden consent to the romance.

Rand's husband, Frank O'Connor, agreed to vacate their apartment twice a week to allow his wife to conduct her tryst in private. She swore the men and Branden to secrecy, never minding that one of the central tenets of objectivism was honesty.

"What she and Nathaniel did together with the institute … systematized those ideas and put them into a coherent whole, outside the context of Ayn's fiction, as an actual philosophy," said James Peron, who runs the Moorfield Storey Institute, a libertarian think tank.
- evil :evil:

reminds me of other cult followers who preach 'honesty' while dealing in deceit and dishonesty:

Judge orders Mt. Soledad cross removed but allows appeals

By Tony Perry

December 12, 2013, 5:00 p.m.

SAN DIEGO -- After two decades of legal and political wrangling, a federal judge Thursday ordered the cross atop Mt. Soledad removed within 90 days as a violation of the separation of church and state.

But U.S. District Judge Larry Burns stayed the removal order so that those defending the cross have time to appeal.

In 2011, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the cross violated the 1st Amendment. In 2012, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear the issue, sending the case back to the trial court in San Diego.

"In spite of many secular changes to the memorial, its long sectarian history, as found by the 9th Circuit, effectively prevents the government from purging the religious connotation in any other way," Burns wrote.

The Congress voted to transfer ownership of the cross from the city to the federal government but the 9th Circuit struck down the transfer as unconstitutional.

---
WWPS?

Philip Paulson, 59; atheist, Vietnam veteran fought to have hilltop cross removed

Obituaries
October 28, 2006|Tony Perry | Times Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO — Philip Paulson, the Vietnam combat veteran and atheist who has been the plaintiff in a 17-year court battle to have a tall cross removed from city property atop Mt. Soledad, died Wednesday of cancer. He was 59.

Paulson sued City Hall to have the cross removed, saying it violated the constitutional separation of church and state. The case has yet to be decided, with issues pending before appeals courts and the U.S. Supreme Court.

pretty simple stuff

Oh well, usmb ain't what it used to be

:eusa_eh:

Furthermore, I generally shy away from speaking Ill of the dead - It's bad form.

I understand that occasionally it is born out of necessity, but I was taught better.

Just saying.

but, but, but what if the dead spoke ill of the dead?

and I was raised not to hang out with people like you, but,,,

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back