Everybody Draw Mohammed Day Cartoonist Now In Hiding

Our Constitutional right to free speech does not mean that we can just say whatever the heck we want without consequence. If I went around talking shit about a known tough guy and he found me and kicked my ass that's my fault for running my mouth. I'm not going to post pictures in the Boston Globe mocking local gang leaders. I admit that the reaction is way over the top but this person should have known that when you mess with a rabid animal you might get bitten.

Death threats are not a consequence of free speech. Death threats are a consequence of idiots coddling people who make them.

If we take your example and examine what happens we will wee the guy that kicks your ass ends up in trouble with the law, and perhaps in jail. That is how society deals with bullies and assholes who threaten people.

I really do not understand why you are having a problem with this concept. You claim to be a human being with enough intelligence to use a computer, yet you think the consequences of free speech are such that the people who want to kill someone outweighs the consequences of murder.

I agree that guy would go to jail. As he should. However, I could have avoided the whole situation in the first place by keeping my dumbass mouth shut him instead of inviting the whole situation upon myself.

You seem to believe that I am condoning the death threats. I'm not. My point all along is that when you publicly poke a crazy person in the eye you should expect a reaction. Posting that cartoon, satire or not, was a stupid thing to do.

I told you before, and I will tell you again.

The person who is being offensive, even if that is you talking shit about the town bully, is not the problem, and is not at fault. That is as far as this discussion has to go, because anything that attempts to lay any of the blame on the victim is flat out wrong, and always will be.

You might not think that you are condoning violence by taking the position you are, but the truth is that is exactly what you are doing.

He can do what he wants but then he too has to face the consequences of HIS own actions. Don't mistake my opinion with condoning these death threats. They are wrong and this person doesn't deserve them. My point is that's it is a dumbass thing to do and a reaction should have been expected.
If she was out to make a statement about Islamic intolerance, she wildly succeeded.

Would that mean she was intending to be a victim all along thus further proving my point?

No it would not. The only people that agree with your point are the Muslim terrorists, the bullies of the world who think that their victims deserve what happens to them, and Obama who thinks that everyone but him is wrong.

I am pretty sure the profit mohammed is in this pic somewhere

http://muslim1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Hell-Jahannam.jpg
Hell-Jahannam.jpg

Oh wait is that his head sticking out of the fire screaming in eternal torment?

Death threats are not a consequence of free speech. Death threats are a consequence of idiots coddling people who make them.

If we take your example and examine what happens we will wee the guy that kicks your ass ends up in trouble with the law, and perhaps in jail. That is how society deals with bullies and assholes who threaten people.

I really do not understand why you are having a problem with this concept. You claim to be a human being with enough intelligence to use a computer, yet you think the consequences of free speech are such that the people who want to kill someone outweighs the consequences of murder.

I agree that guy would go to jail. As he should. However, I could have avoided the whole situation in the first place by keeping my dumbass mouth shut him instead of inviting the whole situation upon myself.

You seem to believe that I am condoning the death threats. I'm not. My point all along is that when you publicly poke a crazy person in the eye you should expect a reaction. Posting that cartoon, satire or not, was a stupid thing to do.

The person who is being offensive, even if that is you talking shit about the town bully, is not the problem, and is not at fault. That is as far as this discussion has to go, because anything that attempts to lay any of the blame on the victim is flat out wrong, and always will be.

You might not think that you are condoning violence by taking the position you are, but the truth is that is exactly what you are doing.

Then I guess we live in two different worlds. In my world you should expect your actions to have consequences and to have to deal with those consequences. In your world you can expect the Constitution to magically protect you from any harm that may come to you for your actions.

Last edited:
If she was out to make a statement about Islamic intolerance, she wildly succeeded.

Would that mean she was intending to be a victim all along thus further proving my point?

No it would not. The only people that agree with your point are the Muslim terrorists, the bullies of the world who think that their victims deserve what happens to them, and Obama who thinks that everyone but him is wrong.

What do you think would happen if you were to publish a cartoon mocking Mohammad under your real name in an American city's major newspaper?

He can do what he wants but then he too has to face the consequences of HIS own actions. Don't mistake my opinion with condoning these death threats. They are wrong and this person doesn't deserve them. My point is that's it is a dumbass thing to do and a reaction should have been expected.

Possibly. But there certainly seems to be no shortage of people blaming the victim.

Then I guess we live in two different worlds. In my world you should expect your actions to have consequences and to have to deal with those consequences. In your world you can expect the Constitution to magically protect you from any harm that may come to you for your actions.

:clap2:

Amen. Now, can we blow the crap out of all the Muslim terrorists and those who don't see anything wrong with Hamas? That would be the proper consequences for their cowardly actions. ;)

Our Constitutional right to free speech does not mean that we can just say whatever the heck we want without consequence. If I went around talking shit about a known tough guy and he found me and kicked my ass that's my fault for running my mouth. I'm not going to post pictures in the Boston Globe mocking local gang leaders. I admit that the reaction is way over the top but this person should have known that when you mess with a rabid animal you might get bitten.

Death threats are "hate speech" to libs if and only if they are made by people that the libs feel they can bully around such as Christians.

What do you think would happen if you were to publish a cartoon mocking Mohammad under your real name in an American city's major newspaper?

I think I will have an excuse to commit self defense on a bunch of idiots who think that they get to take away my right to free speech.

Next question.

I do not expect anyone to protect me. Unlike you, I am not a coward, which is why I am also willing to stand up and protect a young woman who is scared of a bunch of murderers that you think have a right to kill her.

Death threats are "hate speech" to libs if and only if they are made by people that the libs feel they can bully around such as Christians.

I know. Muslims are misunderstood, and Christians are murdering assholes who want to take over the world. I think it has something to do with money, or maybe it is a vitamin deficiency. That attitude is the reason I refuse to call myself a liberal until they either get their heads straight, or survival of the fittest triumphs and they die off.

I wonder if these guys should go into hiding as well.

Seventeen Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial cartoonists, including "Doonesbury" creator Garry Trudeau and 2010 winner Mark Fiore, have signed a petition to condemn the "threat" against Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the creators of the Comedy Central show "South Park."

As released to Comic Riffs, the letter of condemnation says: "We, the undersigned, condemn the recent threats against the creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, by the extremist organization, Muslim Revolution."

Their letter goes on to say that "freedom of expression is a universal right" and "we reject any group that seeks to silence people by violence or intimidation." The letter cites the United States's "proud tradition of political satire" and affirms belief in the right "to speak or draw freely without censorship."

Comic Riffs - THIS JUST IN: 17 Pulitzer-winning cartoonists 'condemn threat' against 'South Park' creators

Zachary Adam Chesser, the 20-year-old Virginia man who earlier this year allegedly posted controversial blog entries about the creators of TV's "South Park," was arrested Wednesday on charges of providing material support to a Somali extremist group linked to al-Qaeda, the Justice Department said.

Chesser, a Fairfax resident, informed federal agents that he twice tried to fly to Somalia to join the Islamic militant group al-Shabaab and become a foreign fighter, the Justice Department said.

Comic Riffs - Alleged 'South Park' jihadist blogger arrested in terror case

I'm curious to see how his case ends up. I doubt if the punishment will come close to what Ms. Norris will have to suffer.

I think I will have an excuse to commit self defense on a bunch of idiots who think that they get to take away my right to free speech.

Next question.

So you admit that you would expect a reaction?

I do not expect anyone to protect me. Unlike you, I am not a coward, which is why I am also willing to stand up and protect a young woman who is scared of a bunch of murderers that you think have a right to kill her.

I don't expect anyone to protect me either which is why I don't write checks my ass can't cash. This artist is learning that as we speak.

BTW, some tough guy you are bravely standing up for this woman behind your keyboard :lol:

a bunch of murderers that you think have a right to kill her

I never said they have the right to kill her nor do I condone their actions. There's no need to lie.

haha, art15 makes self-righteous myopic inconsistent heads explode.

I find it amusing that the same people who go on about how evil radical Islam is are then shocked to learn that when you poke radical Islam in the eye, like this artist did, they try to kill you.

Then I'm the bad guy for saying it was a stupid thing to do and not going on a ZOMG TEH EVIL MUSLINS rant instead.

Forum List

Back