Everybody Draw Mohammed Day Cartoonist Now In Hiding

I'd like to inform U that we have such people who insults religons and sanctury symbols in our mother country but no one ever have killed them in the streets or garages ? they simply are sent to the courts and face charges !

regarding to Alawlaki ! whom I think is no better than me if we talk about the Islamic Knowledge and " Shari'ah" that is "laws of Islam" ,this Yemeni is doing a GREAT jop to those whose goals are to attack Islam .

I think Mr: Awlaki is as bad as Mr: Rumsfeld , Bush , Chainy

Another terrorist supporter. I feel so much safer with you here.

It looks like someone has learned that free speech doesn't mean free from the consequences of said free speech.

You really are a complete asshole aren't you? My hope is that someday you learn exactly what it cost for you to have the right to be so ignorant.

molly-norris-draw-mohammed.jpg

Please tell me exactly what about any of the above drawings justifies a death threat and going into the witness protection program.

I didn't even see the cartoon ... I just read the headline and assumed the artist was trying to make some sort of protest or poke the nutters in the eye without even reading about it. Chanel posted something later on in the thread that showed me that wasn't the case. My bad for not bothering to click the link or do anything more than glance at the OP before speaking.

However, had the circumstances been what I assumed I stand by my opinion.

And actually having now looked at the cartoon it DOES seem like the artist is trying to poke the nutters in the eye ...

They don't deserve death threats but they should have expected a reaction.

Ok with the consequence? No, but then again I wouldn't walk through a predominantly black neighborhood wearing a KKK hood and sheets and expect to make it through unscathed either. Nor would I expect to be able to burn a Bible in my front yard every day without illiciting a reaction. I have no sympathy for this person. It's called common sense and being aware that your actions (especially when on a public stage) have consequences.

My guess is you could burn a Bible in your front yard for the rest of your life and live to a ripe old age. If you had any common sense you would know that, and wouldn't be saying that this young cartoonist deserved what she got for lacking it.

Art, just the fact that you didn't simply come out and say that they are assholes for forcing this woman into hiding by threatening her life over a cartoon sickens me. There really was no other comments neccesary.

Ok with the consequence? No, but then again I wouldn't walk through a predominantly black neighborhood wearing a KKK hood and sheets and expect to make it through unscathed either. Nor would I expect to be able to burn a Bible in my front yard every day without illiciting a reaction. I have no sympathy for this person. It's called common sense and being aware that your actions (especially when on a public stage) have consequences.

My guess is you could burn a Bible in your front yard for the rest of your life and live to a ripe old age. If you had any common sense you would know that, and wouldn't be saying that this young cartoonist deserved what she got for lacking it.

I can guarantee you that if you showed up at my church's front door and burned an entire stack of bibles that no one would call for your death. Can anyone say that about the Koran and ANY mosque? Likewise with cartoons.

I would sure as hell would expect a reaction just like she sure as hell should have expected a reaction. Y'all go on and on about how crazy the radical Islamists are and that they are out to kill or convert us all for just being who were are or whatever ... and here you have this person essentially poking those crazy mother fuckers with a stick. Pretty freakin' dumb if you ask me.

Art, just the fact that you didn't simply come out and say that they are assholes for forcing this woman into hiding by threatening her life over a cartoon sickens me. There really was no other comments neccesary.

I really don't give a shit what you think.

It looks like someone has learned that free speech doesn't mean free from the consequences of said free speech.

You really are a complete asshole aren't you? My hope is that someday you learn exactly what it cost for you to have the right to be so ignorant.

Please tell me exactly what about any of the above drawings justifies a death threat and going into the witness protection program.

I didn't even see the cartoon ... I just read the headline and assumed the artist was trying to make some sort of protest or poke the nutters in the eye without even reading about it. Chanel posted something later on in the thread that showed me that wasn't the case. My bad for not bothering to click the link or do anything more than glance at the OP before speaking.

You almost get it.

It doesn't matter what the purpose was, she is being threatened for doing something that is a Constitutional right. It was not mean spirited, or offensive, but even if it was, you should support her simply because they are wrong.

In your world it is worse to offend a person than kill them, but in mine it is worse to kill them. That makes you incredibly lucky, because if anyone on this planet deserves to be threatened with death for being offensive, it is you. If I was like those peaceful Muslims you would be the subject of a fatwa and marked for death by all the peace loving people like me.

Sometimes I wish I was a peace loving Muslim instead of a racist teabagger right wing terrorist.

I would sure as hell would expect a reaction just like she sure as hell should have expected a reaction. Y'all go on and on about how crazy the radical Islamists are and that they are out to kill or convert us all for just being who were are or whatever ... and here you have this person essentially poking those crazy mother fuckers with a stick. Pretty freakin' dumb if you ask me.

You really don't get it.

Just go home and hold onto your security blanket, let the adults deal with the real world. You can come out in a few hundred years when we make it safe for you.

You almost get it.

It doesn't matter what the purpose was, she is being threatened for doing something that is a Constitutional right. It was not mean spirited, or offensive, but even if it was, you should support her simply because they are wrong.

In your world it is worse to offend a person than kill them, but in mine it is worse to kill them. That makes you incredibly lucky, because if anyone on this planet deserves to be threatened with death for being offensive, it is you. If I was like those peaceful Muslims you would be the subject of a fatwa and marked for death by all the peace loving people like me.

Sometimes I wish I was a peace loving Muslim instead of a racist teabagger right wing terrorist.

Our Constitutional right to free speech does not mean that we can just say whatever the heck we want without consequence. If I went around talking shit about a known tough guy and he found me and kicked my ass that's my fault for running my mouth. I'm not going to post pictures in the Boston Globe mocking local gang leaders. I admit that the reaction is way over the top but this person should have known that when you mess with a rabid animal you might get bitten.

You really don't get it.

Just go home and hold onto your security blanket, let the adults deal with the real world. You can come out in a few hundred years when we make it safe for you.

Okay pal whatever you say :thup:

Our Constitutional right to free speech does not mean that we can just say whatever the heck we want without consequence. If I went around talking shit about a known tough guy and he found me and kicked my ass that's my fault for running my mouth. I'm not going to post pictures in the Boston Globe mocking local gang leaders. I admit that the reaction is way over the top but this person should have known that when you mess with a rabid animal you might get bitten.
You have a right to say what you want about the tough guy. He does NOT have the right to kick your ass for it.

Lunatic Muslims can declare all the fatwahs they want. But they can't follow up without incurring consequences of their own.

Death threats are not a consequence of free speech. Death threats are a consequence of idiots coddling people who make them.

If we take your example and examine what happens we will wee the guy that kicks your ass ends up in trouble with the law, and perhaps in jail. That is how society deals with bullies and assholes who threaten people.

I really do not understand why you are having a problem with this concept. You claim to be a human being with enough intelligence to use a computer, yet you think the consequences of free speech are such that the people who want to kill someone outweighs the consequences of murder.

In all the fatwah, I missed when the cartoon day was. May 20th. I'd come out with a movie by next May 20th if I were her.

You have a right to say what you want about the tough guy. He does NOT have the right to kick your ass for it.

Lunatic Muslims can declare all the fatwahs they want. But they can't follow up without incurring consequences of their own.

He can do what he wants but then he too has to face the consequences of HIS own actions. Don't mistake my opinion with condoning these death threats. They are wrong and this person doesn't deserve them. My point is that's it is a dumbass thing to do and a reaction should have been expected.

He can do what he wants but then he too has to face the consequences of HIS own actions. Don't mistake my opinion with condoning these death threats. They are wrong and this person doesn't deserve them. My point is that's it is a dumbass thing to do and a reaction should have been expected.
If she was out to make a statement about Islamic intolerance, she wildly succeeded.

Death threats are not a consequence of free speech. Death threats are a consequence of idiots coddling people who make them.

If we take your example and examine what happens we will wee the guy that kicks your ass ends up in trouble with the law, and perhaps in jail. That is how society deals with bullies and assholes who threaten people.

I really do not understand why you are having a problem with this concept. You claim to be a human being with enough intelligence to use a computer, yet you think the consequences of free speech are such that the people who want to kill someone outweighs the consequences of murder.

I agree that guy would go to jail. As he should. However, I could have avoided the whole situation in the first place by keeping my dumbass mouth shut him instead of inviting the whole situation upon myself.

You seem to believe that I am condoning the death threats. I'm not. My point all along is that when you publicly poke a crazy person in the eye you should expect a reaction. Posting that cartoon, satire or not, was a stupid thing to do.

If she was out to make a statement about Islamic intolerance, she wildly succeeded.

Would that mean she was intending to be a victim all along thus further proving my point?

Forum List

Back