Every store should have this sign posted at the entrance.

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
p1365343793843551.jpg

I always laugh when I see kids walking around with their pants hanging half off their butts. Common decency keeps me from walking up to them and explaining that their choice of fashion was invented by gay convicts who wanted to advertise that they were 'open for back door business'...

LMAO every time.

I always laugh when I see kids walking around with their pants hanging half off their butts. Common decency keeps me from walking up to them and explaining that their choice of fashion was invented by gay convicts who wanted to advertise that they were 'open for back door business'...

LMAO every time.

Now as a mom, I had to explain to my darling son what a fudge packer was and him wearing his pants down so low was a beacon to those of like minds.

You have never seen such a radical fashion change in your life.

:lol:

Well, here's my take on it. I think wearing your pants hanging off your butt with your underwear showing looks really stupid. But that doesn't negate another person's right to dress like that if they want to. This is the U.S.A. This is freedom of expression. It's not like they're exposing any private parts or anything, so it's not indecent.

Just because I don't like something isn't justification to ban it. If I saw that sign in a store or restaurant I was spending money at, I would have to let them know how I feel about it, too. And I'm a 61-year-old woman, not a hip hop artist. :)

I mean what's next? No t-shirts? No jeans? No short skirts? No purple hair? No tattoos? No piercings?

Let people express themselves. Oh, and I think that's an urban myth about the sagging pants having originated in prison as a way of advertising that you are available for backdoor sex. I think this is probably the correct explanation (from Wikipedia):

According to Greg Mathis, sagging was adopted from the United States prison system where belts are sometimes prohibited[3] to prevent prisoners from using them as weapons or committing suicide by hanging themselves.[4][5] The style was later popularized by hip-hop artists in the 1990s.[4] It later became a symbol of freedom and cultural awareness among some youths[6] or a symbol of their rejection of the values of mainstream society

Now THAT makes sense.

There's good reason to like the "style" - Anyone with their pants down low is likely to be honest because he sure as hell can't run very fast.

Live and let live. Its no one's business if someone wants to dress that way and there are way more important things to get your panties in a bunch over.

There's good reason to like the "style" - Anyone with their pants down low is likely to be honest because he sure as hell can't run very fast.

Live and let live. Its no one's business if someone wants to dress that way and there are way more important things to get your panties in a bunch over.

You must be a redneck...

ClickHandler.ashx

a private business can mandate what the dress code is.

I don't care about anybody's pants or midriffs.

But I am extremely interested how do they manage to walk and have the pants under their buttocks and are able to keep them there?

I think that is an 8th World Wonder :D

Well, here's my take on it. I think wearing your pants hanging off your butt with your underwear showing looks really stupid. But that doesn't negate another person's right to dress like that if they want to. This is the U.S.A. This is freedom of expression. It's not like they're exposing any private parts or anything, so it's not indecent.

Just because I don't like something isn't justification to ban it. If I saw that sign in a store or restaurant I was spending money at, I would have to let them know how I feel about it, too. And I'm a 61-year-old woman, not a hip hop artist. :)

I mean what's next? No t-shirts? No jeans? No short skirts? No purple hair? No tattoos? No piercings?

Let people express themselves. Oh, and I think that's an urban myth about the sagging pants having originated in prison as a way of advertising that you are available for backdoor sex. I think this is probably the correct explanation (from Wikipedia):

According to Greg Mathis, sagging was adopted from the United States prison system where belts are sometimes prohibited[3] to prevent prisoners from using them as weapons or committing suicide by hanging themselves.[4][5] The style was later popularized by hip-hop artists in the 1990s.[4] It later became a symbol of freedom and cultural awareness among some youths[6] or a symbol of their rejection of the values of mainstream society

Now THAT makes sense.

This is not a ban. You need to understand that there is a VAST difference banning an act through government action and a store not allowing it on their premises. YOU might take your business away as is your right but others might patronize them more as is there right. It is the business owners store and his right to deny access to anyone that does not act in a manner that he deems appropriate for his establishment. There are plenty of other place that have dress codes as well, this one is just a little more lax than most having but one rule.

It is the business of the establishment’s owners should that individual want to use it. That owner has as much right to deny service because he does not like the attire as the one that puts his pants around his knees. I would have no problem bringing my business to an establishment that demands a base level of attire to shop there.

Forum List

Back