Ever have something like this happen to you?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
One morning, my wife and I headed out the door to go to work and when we walked to the car, it wasn't there. Then, I remembered that I had dropped her off at home and went back to work the night before. Then at about three in the morning, I walked home because I forgot I drove because my mind was elsewhere. Here's the problem, it was about a three mile walk to work and there was a very big hill that was uphill on the way to work. This was winter in Minnesota and we had recently moved to town and gotten these jobs at a company, so we didn't want to call in sick so soon after starting. I called work and informed them that I was having car trouble and we walked to work in dress clothes and winter clothing. My wife was absolutely furious as the sidewalks were icy as hell and it was pretty cold outside. Looking back, I think it was hilarious. Anyone else ever have an experience like this?

HA!

Me and hubby are Missouri rednecks.

Our whole friggin life is about like that.

:)

One morning, my wife and I headed out the door to go to work and when we walked to the car, it wasn't there. Then, I remembered that I had dropped her off at home and went back to work the night before. Then at about three in the morning, I walked home because I forgot I drove because my mind was elsewhere. Here's the problem, it was about a three mile walk to work and there was a very big hill that was uphill on the way to work. This was winter in Minnesota and we had recently moved to town and gotten these jobs at a company, so we didn't want to call in sick so soon after starting. I called work and informed them that I was having car trouble and we walked to work in dress clothes and winter clothing. My wife was absolutely furious as the sidewalks were icy as hell and it was pretty cold outside. Looking back, I think it was hilarious. Anyone else ever have an experience like this?

Why didn't you walk to the car, and then drive back to get her? Only three miles each way. It couldn't have taken but a few minutes.

You ever come home tired and lay down for a nap, and then wake up and see it's 8:15 and think you slept all night and you're late for work tomorrow?

^^^ That happened to me once. I woke up thinking that I had overslept only to thankfully realize that I wasn't even close.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ That happened to me once. I woke up thinking that I had overslept only to thankfully realize that I wasn't even close.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Hope you didn't call your boss's cell phone to tell him you were running late before you realized your mistake.

^^^ I didn't call anyone's cell phone, but I did call my job and tell them that I was on my way and the person who answered was like, "It isn't time for you to be here yet." :D :D :D

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back