even if it IS 'just" a wilderness survival thing

srlip

May 5, 2014
wtf would you NOT want the advantages of a fast second shot? yeah, yeah, you NEVER missx, animals NEVER take a step when YOU shoot at them, right? well it happens to PLENTY of hunters, every year.

why would you NOT want luminous sight inserts, the ability to use .22 rimfire, hmm? that's just stupid. why would you want to use 70 grs of black powder and an oz of shot, to take grouse or a hare?

Like I said, some modern guns (especially .22's) are sub 4 lbs. The Papoose, fited with aluminum tubing as a telescoping buttstock, barely weighs 3 lbs and it is 10x the rifle that the AR7 ever thought of being. So here you are with your 7-8 lb muzzle loader, and HOW many shots? :) WHERE are you going to mine this lead, sulphur and potassium nitrate? :) FUNNY, man.

Like I said, .22 lr ammo is 135 rds to the lb. and a .22 rifle, even WITHOUT a scope, has at LEAST double the effective range of a muzzleloader with bird shot. I"{ve taken rabbits at 100 yds, several times, with a .22 rifle, as a kid. you CAN'T have much of a choke in a muzzleloader barrel, guys. It won't work out.

at an oz of shot, you get 16 shots for a lb of lead. I get 135 shots with a .22, and it can be rapidfire, and silent, and scoped. for those who dont want to own a fighting rifle like the AR, the .22 is the way to go, not a single shot shotgun, not a muzzleloader. at a mere 50 grs of black powder per charge, you get 140 shots per lb of powder. so to match my 135 rds, of .22 (one lb) with my 4 lb rifle, you need a lb of powder and 8 lbs of shot. :) along with the 7 lb shotgun. 16 lb total, to my 5 lbs. I'd rather have 11 lbs of food, water,or survival gear, thanks very much. :)

a muzzleloader just makes no sense.even a modern autoloading shotgun (or pump) makes no sense, cause it's just too much noise, bulk and weight. You have to go thru and seal the crimip on EVERY shell, did you know that? if hyou don't,it'll draw moisture (out in the field)and risk being a dud or half powered, maybe leave the wad in the bore and blow up your gun if you don't remember to remove it(or need a really fast second shot about something)

Dave Cantebury is making MILLIONS of $ off of suckers who can't THINK. :)

Forum List

Back