why own 'sport only" guns, anyway?

srlip

May 5, 2014
you've gotta have the defensive guns. so why not just hunt, plink, compete, etc, with combat worthy arms, and sell the toys to suckers who'll buy them, while they are still dumb enough to do so.

Because there are much better tools for the job.

Turkey season just ended here...sorry, no .223s allowed.

We have muzzle loading deer season coming up...I'm afraid you'll be sitting that one out too.

Squirrel season starts the 26th of may...I'll be taking my .17 hmr single shot...it's mpbr is about double that of your converted .22 (165 compared to 78 yards).

That squirrel @ 122 yards? Nope, not for your sub 50 yard conversion accuracy.

Doesn't seem hardly fair, does it.

Last edited:
Because there are much better tools for the job.

Turkey season just ended here...sorry, no .223s allowed.

We have muzzle loading deer season coming up...I'm afraid you'll be sitting that one out too.

Squirrel season starts the 26th of may...I'll be taking my .17 hmr single shot...it's mpbr is about double that of your converted .22 (165 compared to 78 yards).

That squirrel @ 122 yards? Nope, not for your sub 100 yard round.

Doesn't seem hardly fair, does it.

This is not to mention my home state, where modern weapon deer season is shotgun with slugs only. As a kid I learned early just how versatile a shotgun was.

truly combat worthy arms, hmm? No reason. Once you have such, and real abiity with them, you'll look at "sport only " guns and ask yourself "why is my money tied up in something that is so LIMITED"?

Because the range is normally less than 10ft from the muzzle. So you'll still have to aim as you would with a rifle. You and the attacker won't be pressed back into opposite corners of the room. Catching him in the hallway will be a lucky fluke. You are many times more likely to be attached while not at home, you know. So work on your pistol skills and forget about the shotgun. If you hunt, compete or are concerned about shtf, riots, etc, get a real fighting rifle. But get one that offers a .22lr conversion unit. That's the HK, the AR,15, the Mini-14, or the AK. HK's trigger's suck, AK's suck for mounting a scope, Mini-14's have poor accuracy and durabilty, their front sight sucks, their muzzles aren't threaded, and they lack a dark version of rustproofing.

My thought is this is the United States. What I'm interested in as a hobby may not be what someone else is. Likely not. Why stay home and cook a gourmet meal when you can go out to a 5-star restaurant? Why drive a Corvette when a geo will get you from point A to B?

Forum List

Back