Evangelicals remember your role in Germany

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I get so upset whenever I hear Christians cutting down the Nazi's, evans are real good at this. You must remember most of those Nazis were Evangelical Christians. Don't for a minute think Hitler turned them into NAZI's. Anti Semitism didn't begin with Hitler.

PROTESTANT CHURCHES IN NAZI GERMANY

The largest Protestant church in Germany in the 1930s was the German Evangelical Church, comprised of 28 regional churches or Landeskirchen that included the three major theological traditions that had emerged from the Reformation: Lutheran, Reformed, and United. Most of Germany's 40 million Protestants were members of this church, although there were smaller so-called "free" Protestant churches, such as Methodist and Baptist churches.

They were also persuaded by the statement on “positive Christianity” in Article 24 of the 1920 Nazi Party Platform, which read:

"We demand the freedom of all religious confessions in the state, insofar as they do not jeopardize the state's existence or conflict with the manners and moral sentiments of the Germanic race. The Party as such upholds the point of view of a positive Christianity without tying itself confessionally to any one confession. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit at home and abroad and is convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only be achieved from within on the basis of the common good before individual good."

The German Churches and the Nazi State

.... and if you were talking to German Evangelicals, that would apply. I'm an America, and never was in Germany, or a Nazi... so it doesn't apply to me... and I don't care what someone who can't tell the difference, thinks about it. Bye bye.

.... and if you were talking to German Evangelicals, that would apply. I'm an America, and never was in Germany, or a Nazi... so it doesn't apply to me... and I don't care what someone who can't tell the difference, thinks about it. Bye bye.
Evengelicals in the U.S. are one misinterpretation of a line in the Bible away from strapping bombs onto themselves and turning to terror to get their way.

Evengelicals in the U.S. are one misinterpretation of a line in the Bible away from strapping bombs onto themselves and turning to terror to get their way.

Yeah.... :afro: Any minute now...

Oh what a bunch of horseshit. Evangelicals have their problems to be sure. Every denomination or faith does, but Evangelical problems are generally centered around hypocrisy and self-righteousness. Strapping bombs onto themselves....give me a fucking break.

Anti-semitism did not begin with Hitler but Hitler took it to a new level.

I get so upset whenever I hear Christians cutting down the Nazi's, evans are real good at this. You must remember most of those Nazis were Evangelical Christians. Don't for a minute think Hitler turned them into NAZI's. Anti Semitism didn't begin with Hitler.

PROTESTANT CHURCHES IN NAZI GERMANY

The largest Protestant church in Germany in the 1930s was the German Evangelical Church, comprised of 28 regional churches or Landeskirchen that included the three major theological traditions that had emerged from the Reformation: Lutheran, Reformed, and United. Most of Germany's 40 million Protestants were members of this church, although there were smaller so-called "free" Protestant churches, such as Methodist and Baptist churches.

They were also persuaded by the statement on “positive Christianity” in Article 24 of the 1920 Nazi Party Platform, which read:

"We demand the freedom of all religious confessions in the state, insofar as they do not jeopardize the state's existence or conflict with the manners and moral sentiments of the Germanic race. The Party as such upholds the point of view of a positive Christianity without tying itself confessionally to any one confession. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit at home and abroad and is convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only be achieved from within on the basis of the common good before individual good."

The German Churches and the Nazi State

Penelope, when it comes to theism and the Nazis, I think the most important lesson to take away from it is how effectively the Nazi party manipulated religious scripture and doctrine in order to support their position. I know it's a very popular argument that Hitler was a religious man, but I would argue that he was not an adherent to any recognizable form of religion....at least not how we think of it. Hitler, and Geobbels (Nazi Minister of Propaganda) in particular, were masters of taking a concept that the people held dear and twisting it so that it appeared to support the Nazi agenda. If you can get people to think that God is on your side you are going to gain a lot of supporters.

Of course not,

No really one can read William II words and also Karl Lueger use the Jewish Question before Hitler even knew a Jew . Also never forget the Jews declared war on German in 1933 at its lowest point. Now Hilter we know spent much time in Vienna of where he seen first hand the roles of the Jews here. I must say when one asks why Germany felt the way it did , one must also look at the actions of the Jews. Obviously Hitler was not alone in his feelings.

We see the same thing here in the states.

Of course not,

No really one can read William II words and also Karl Lueger use the Jewish Question before Hitler even knew a Jew . Also never forget the Jews declared war on German in 1933 at its lowest point. Now Hilter we know spent much time in Vienna of where he seen first hand the roles of the Jews here. I must say when one asks why Germany felt the way it did , one must also look at the actions of the Jews. Obviously Hitler was not alone in his feelings.

Oh. I see. This is another white-wash Hitler thread.

Of course not,

the Jews declared war on German in 1933 at its lowest point.

What a delusional piece of shit you are

Of course not,

Penelope, keep this thing in mind that I always tell business owners and my children regarding staff and friends: "desperate people do desperate things". In business and friendship there are other applications to that, but in reference to the Nazis, we have to keep in mind that Germany was a devastated nation. The Treaty of Versailles completely crushed the German economy and German patriotism. The people were totally desperate and in that desperation they latched on to an extreme philosophy. Certainly, there was anti-Semitism in Germany to some degree, just as there is all over the world. But they were a convenient and desperate scapegoat for Hitler and the Nazi party to point to. Hitler was not going to gain power by saying 'we have only ourselves to blame'.

Germany is and always has been a spiritually bankrupt nation. Germans are minions of Satan and we should all take notice of the actions of anyone who has German ancestry.

Germany is and always has been a spiritually bankrupt nation. Germans are minions of Satan and we should all take notice of the actions of anyone who has German ancestry.

You mean like Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein, Martin Luther, J.S. Bach, Oskar Schindler, etc?
Yep. Their hate spirit is/ was reccessant, but still there. NEVER trust a German. They are hprrble people.

You mean like Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein, Martin Luther, J.S. Bach, Oskar Schindler, etc?
Yep. Their hate spirit is/ was reccessant, but still there. NEVER trust a German. They are hprrble people.

So the guy who got a medical degree for the sole reason of going to Africa for over a decade to establish hospitals and care for the poor and sick and who received a Nobel Prize for advancing the principle of 'Reverence for Life' was a minion of Satan? :cuckoo: Your screen name was aptly chosen.

So the guy who got a medical degree for the sole reason of going to Africa for over a decade to establish hospitals and care for the poor and sick and who received a Nobel Prize for advancing the principle of 'Reverence for Life' was a minion of Satan? :cuckoo: Your screen name was aptly chosen.
Never underestimate evil.

Deception

Of course not,

Penelope, keep this thing in mind that I always tell business owners and my children regarding staff and friends: "desperate people do desperate things". In business and friendship there are other applications to that, but in reference to the Nazis, we have to keep in mind that Germany was a devastated nation. The Treaty of Versailles completely crushed the German economy and German patriotism. The people were totally desperate and in that desperation they latched on to an extreme philosophy. Certainly, there was anti-Semitism in Germany to some degree, just as there is all over the world. But they were a convenient and desperate scapegoat for Hitler and the Nazi party to point to. Hitler was not going to gain power by saying 'we have only ourselves to blame'.

When I hear people talk about the Nazis like they are pieces of scum, I think people need to think before the speak. Your right, Hitler was not fed anti Semitism from his mothers milk like PM Shamir said the Polish were, for every action there is a reaction and anti Semitism didn't just pop out of nowhere. Its mainly Evans who mock the German people which I find a horrible thing to do, as those same Evans stand behind the US army when it bombed Iraq and is standing behind Israel when its bombing the Pals like it did last year. As a person who grew up with Christians values, I can see how the moral fiber of the US is sinking and that its mainly the Jewish to thank for that.

No, your wrong, they were trying to renew the Godliness of their nation due to the godless Jews who infiltrated it:
The Party as such upholds the point of view of a positive Christianity without tying itself confessionally to any one confession. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit at home and abroad and is convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only be achieved from within on the basis of the common good before individual good."

No, your wrong, they were trying to renew the Godliness of their nation due to the godless Jews who infiltrated it:
The Party as such upholds the point of view of a positive Christianity without tying itself confessionally to any one confession. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit at home and abroad and is convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only be achieved from within on the basis of the common good before individual good."
The KKK invokes God too...doesn't really mean anything.

Forum List

Back