EV charging wait! What a joke!

Why lie about all kinds of things?

As long as we also bet that if Trump would happen to win again, Mexico still will not pay for the wall.

Wrong again.

And still.

"Mexico Is Paying for Trump's Wall

...Mexico. Illegal immigrant crossings nationwide are down almost 80%. At the Arizona-Mexico border, illegal crossings are down by 94%. Once-overcrowded dorms, where we house illegal border crossers, are now empty. And Mexico is keeping illegals who demand asylum on their side of the border. It's another huge Trump victory.

How did he do it? Trump won a masterful negotiation with Mexico.

Faced with tariffs and economic ruin, Mexican officials agreed to place thousands of troops, at their expense, at both their northern and southern borders. Suddenly, no one can get through. A Mexican journalist just named this human wall of Mexican troops "Trump's Wall."

So, in fact, Trump has built the wall, a human wall. And Mexico is paying for it. Bravo."
Mexico Is Paying for Trump's Wall

“By turning back caravans, Mexico is acting as Trump’s border wall, critics say

Mexican National Guard troops in full riot gear blocked their way and fired tear gas canisters to disperse those seeking to breach the nation’s border with Guatemala. Hundreds of people were put on planes and buses back to Honduras, where most of the migrants in the latest caravan began their journey.

For López Obrador, Mexico’s first avowedly leftist president in a generation and a political campaigner who pledged to welcome migrants, the last year brought a substantial shift in his view of how to handle the Central American influx. By turning back caravans, Mexico is acting as Trump's border wall, critics say

Remember the last time you were right about anything?

Me neither.

How can thousands of employers hire illegals when the law says they can't?

Really? You just can't admit you were wrong?

Because if they try, any regulator can go to the lot in question and fine their asses, and confiscate the vehicles.

They want to Ban ICE sales by 2035, they passed a law, they will enforce the law.

Why would they pass the law to not enforce it?

Really? You just can't admit you were wrong?

Because if they try, any regulator can go to the lot in question and fine their asses, and confiscate the vehicles.

They want to Ban ICE sales by 2035, they passed a law, they will enforce the law.

Why would they pass the law to not enforce it?

As I noted, for the same reason we pass laws banning the hiring of illegals. For the gullible.

Many people simply like them. I have an electric (battery) lawn mower. I love it. it's lite, it's quieter and it's cheap to run. My decision had very little to do with "green dogma".
I’ve ridden in a tesla. Fantastic ride with torque for days. The infrastructure isn’t here for charging easily and the battery charging tech isn’t fast enough to compete with liquid fuel, though.

I’ve ridden in a tesla. Fantastic ride with torque for days. The infrastructure isn’t here for charging easily and the battery charging tech isn’t fast enough to compete with liquid fuel, though.

Obviously for many it is.

Cool....hope they budgeted in armed guards at each station to stop the vandalism!! :coffee: dOy.

Progressives never able to see the big picture stuff that always slams the door on the unicorn chasing!

View attachment 616678

Oh I am guessing most would be spit roasted in the end before the cops even arrived if they effed with a charging station.

We'll need new battery technology to make fast charging viable. Right now, fast charging drastically reduces a battery's life span, and when you consider that it costs tens of thousands of dollars to replace a car's battery pack, it pretty much eliminates the resale market. We can hope new battery technology will be found and brought to market, but that and $5 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

My gut instinct is it is probably going to end up being a balance between fast charging on trips through "fly-over" country and some sort of more affordable home battery system that will build up enough juice during off-peak hours to allow everybody to charge over night without straining the grid too much much when everybody plugs in at 5:45-6:30 pm. My belief is that if they can nail down an affordable practical home battery system first,, it will be a lot easier to sell people on EV's, solar, etc. The first time a storm knocks out one's neighborhood's go-go juice for an extended period, and they still have power, they will become true believers. Until then, not so much.

As I noted, for the same reason we pass laws banning the hiring of illegals. For the gullible.

No, they pass the laws because they want to enforce them. All those prog legislatures that passed bail reform followed through, and look at NY and California now.

Electric cars aren't for everyone. But they sure do get your panties in a twist, don't they?

Nah...I just like to troll the dummies who have been bamboozled by EV propaganda!! 2% of the market might be impressive as hell to some. Most think it laughable.

Panties used to get me in a twist but at 62, they might as well be bloomers. :up:

No, they pass the laws because they want to enforce them. All those prog legislatures that passed bail reform followed through, and look at NY and California now.

We have laws about businesses hiring illegals but no one really wants to enforce them.

Forum List

Back