Eurozone economy shows signs of slowing down. Disappointing data, in 16 countries

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Eurozone economy shows signs of slowing down.

Disappointing data, in 16 countries that use the euro, stoke economic recovery fears

Eurozone economy shows signs of slowing down - Yahoo! Finance

LONDON (AP) -- Europe got further evidence that its unexpectedly strong economic recovery is slowing, with the news that Germany investor confidence fell sharply in September and industrial production unexpectedly stagnated during July.

The twin pieces of economic data have reinforced the view that the eurozone economy, which grew by a quarterly rate of 1 percent in the second quarter of the year -- equivalent to an annualized rate of over 4 percent -- is inevitably coming off the boil in the wake of faltering economic growth in the U.S.

The news had both European stocks and the euro in retreat Tuesday.

this is a horror story for the EU with the scope of their debt and their shaky banks.

I think they force growth or face death, and if a weak Euro can't save them, what can?

The data has been better than expected but the market has been acting very well, except that there's no volume. We're also running right into resistance. I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled back a bit then took out the highs.

I've been short the semis and have beaten like a dog over the past few days. I had to cover today after giving back a third of this year's profits.

The data has been better than expected but the market has been acting very well, except that there's no volume. We're also running right into resistance. I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled back a bit then took out the highs.

I've been short the semis and have beaten like a dog over the past few days. I had to cover today after giving back a third of this year's profits.
OK I can think of three possible semis, which of them are you referring to?

SMH

I've traded the group for years. Win some, lose some.

SMH

I've traded the group for years. Win some, lose some.
Thank you. Not a vehicle I deal with but at least I know what to look up.

Forum List

Back