Ethiopian Christian executed by 'isis' muslims in Libya

you'll hear it , listen for lots of big booms in your homeland Osomir !!

And? African Christians wanted to kill gays for being gay. Seems perfectly fair and concistent if another religion kills them for some sin they have even if the Christian didn't share that opinion.

And? African Christians wanted to kill gays for being gay. Seems perfectly fair and concistent if another religion kills them for some sin they have even if the Christian didn't share that opinion.

Deltadawn-----calm down-----its a serious matter and Ethiopian Christians
are not executing gays (as far as I know)

Ethiopia is highly intolerant of homosexuals.

Ethiopia is highly intolerant to homosexuals.

I did not know. What do they do? My impression of Ethiopia---which
may be wrong-----is that central control is not all that effective----and there
is tribal stuff going on out in the hills

Homosexual activity is punishable for up to 15 years in prison. Historically, Ethiopia was even harsher towards homosexuals during its Solomonic dynasties and homosexuals often face acts of extra-judicial violence or threats of violence against their person (when identified). Ethiopian Orthodoxy is not too keen on the practice in general.

Not just Eithiopia but the whole continent of Africa is rabidly anti-homosexual having the most severe punishments for homosexuality on Earth (after a few of the Muslim countries.)

LGBT rights by country or territory - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Doesn't that video stem from Uganda? A little further south of Ethiopia, but yes, a lot of former British colonies are negatively disposed towards homosexuality. It was illegal in the UK during the colonial period and those laws were often passed down to their colonies.

Homosexual activity is punishable for up to 15 years in prison. Historically, Ethiopia was even harsher towards homosexuals during its Solomonic dynasties and homosexuals often face acts of extra-judicial violence or threats of violence against their person (when identified). Ethiopian Orthodoxy is not too keen on the practice in general.

oh---ok ---that's the Ethiopian Christians-----but do they have jurisdiction over
muslims in Ethiopia?

oh---ok ---that's the Ethiopian Christians-----but do they have jurisdiction over
muslims in Ethiopia?

Historically yes. Ethiopia has been moving more towards ethnic federation since the collapse of Mengistu's regime though.

looks like imprisonment would be better than death . iran and isis kill homosexuals . Homosexuals would probably welcome 15 years in prison rather than the stoning or being tossed off buildings that they get in iran .

Last edited:
Ethiopia is supposedly a secular government !!

oh ok-----as far as I know it is a hot bed of ethnic tension between
muslims and Christians-------???? I am not sure-----there are famines
there I think----and people struggle for a share of the nothing that is
available------but I am not sure

looks like imprisonment would be better than death . iran and isis kill homosexuals . Homosexuals would probably welcome 15 years in prison rather than the stoning or being tossed off buildings that they get in iran .

They are violently assaulted, and live in constant fear in Ethiopia as well.

Ethiopia's ruling class used to be based on its blood ties to King Solomon. It became more secular later on with the end of the Solomonic dynasties, particularly with the rise of Mengistu during the Cold War. Mengistu was ousted though, and a lot of the political identity structures now revolve around larger ethnic groupings which Ethiopia was rezoned administratively to give ethnic groups a little more control over different regions. Most of the groups that pooled together to maintain political dominance though are from Christian majority regions. Muslims are largely concentrated in the north-east (Afar) East (Ogaden) and south east in the larger Oromia district where they make up a little under half of the population.

Christianity plays a large role in centralized Ethiopian identity, especially in the past; they are trying to find a more workable solution though given the country's inherent diversity.

oughta get some guns , assert their rights to self defense if they haven't been officialy disarmed . I mean , here in the USA we have the PINK PISTOL gay pro gun group that advocate self defense using guns when its needed .

oh ok-----as far as I know it is a hot bed of ethnic tension between
muslims and Christians-------???? I am not sure-----there are famines
there I think----and people struggle for a share of the nothing that is
available------but I am not sure

More of a history of tension between the center of the country and the periphery. The Ethiopian state has long had difficulties with its outlying regions and with maintaining control over them (poor itnernal infrastructure for traveling limited government reach). Rebellions there were historically common and the emperor would essentially march in a giant circle around the country with his army restoring order during rebel season. The reason for rebellions are many, some are identity ethnic politics, others are based around opportunism that stemmed from a traditional rather feudal system of governance, others still stem from under-development, lack of political representation, and famine.

Forum List

Back