Eternal Security

My soul is not lost by any means. I found it not too many years ago during the depths of my depression and hopelessness. Yes, I reached bottom. I attempted suicide. God didn't save me then, nor did Christ.

Reality did.

Common sense consciousness and an awareness of self and of reality saved me.

Not fictional characters with such names as "God" or "Christ".

I live on the mean streets of life. You live in the pages of man-written documentation of a fictional world.

Mr. H. I sin everyday, I am far far far from perfect but thanks to God I have a future- a great future because of what Jesus did for me. He never forces anyone to believe in Him. Free will. God doesn't want robots. In all sincerity, please pray about it when you can- ask Him if He really is real to reveal Himself to you- I promise you if you are sincere and truly looking- He will. And it will be the happiest day of your life.

Stop slobbering over yourself. :slap:

You're a decent egg. I had you as such pegged way back.

But let me ask you this- if I were sitting next to you on a park bench, who would you recognize?

Me? Or Jesus?

you of course, why you ask? But hopefully I would see Jesus also because He said if you help others you help Him. He loves all His children- even if we wander or don't love Him.

But Ninja, If you accept the gift of being salvaged by the work Christ did on the cross, as soon as you accept Christ as your savior, your name is written in the Book of Life. Your fate is sealed. Your behavior doesn't have a thing to do with whether or not you'll see Jesus. He insured we would. He gave us His perfect record to hand over at the Gate, and took our crappy record on Himself and paid the price, so we wouldn't have to.
Our sins, past, present, and future were already dealt with on the cross and forgotten by our Father, once and for all, 2000 years ago. We help others to pay homage to the one who helped us. We are known as His disciples by the love we show. :)

yes I know that...but some of my sins are WORSE than they were BEFORE I got saved..its just the enemy imo causing me to doubt but I know I have guilt for one particular "bad" sin i struggle with.

King David was the same way. He said his sins were always in front of his face.
Thing is, God knew exactly what you were going to do, dealt with it, and put it behind Him, 2,000 years ago. He hasn't thought of it since. You remember it, but He doesn't. And He has no desire to rehash it. Once and for all was enough.

When He looks at you all He sees is the righteousness of His Son. If He loves you enough to move past it, then you need to love Him enough to do the same. Forgive yourself, once and for all. Believe me, you can not out sin God's grace. But you can let Satan make you miserable. He remembers. He is your accuser. His goal is to steal the fruit of the Spirit daily from your life.
Among other things, the fruit of the spirit is peace and joy. Satan can't prevent your sin from being forgiven, but he can make you miserable by throwing your inadequate human behavior in your face every chance he gets and producing guilt to over ride your peace and joy. Refuse to let him rob you of something God wants you to be. Happy. Resting comfortably.
God doesn't care about your yesterday. He is focused on your future.

great short audio by the legendary Dr. J. Vernon McGee.

You will some day soon die just like the rest of us. Just like an ISIS car bomber. Just like an infant with a heart defect. Just like a 34 year old father of three with no indications of health issues, just like a randomly gunned-down young man on the streets of Chicago. Just like someone who is struck by a bolt of lightning.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

It's not "up to God", it's up to nature. And man.

If God is our "saviour" He/She has done a piss poor fucking job of saving us from ourselves.

Neither God nor Jesus has delivered the goods to humankind. Ever. Nor will He/She ever do so.

Stop languishing in your pretend world of of mysticism. And most certainly don't you ever present that bullshit to me.

I heard that! I believe the same things Dr. Albert Einstein believed. This is a good summary:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."
~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary...NY Times)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back