Eternal Security

great short audio by the legendary Dr. J. Vernon McGee.

You will some day soon die just like the rest of us. Just like an ISIS car bomber. Just like an infant with a heart defect. Just like a 34 year old father of three with no indications of health issues, just like a randomly gunned-down young man on the streets of Chicago. Just like someone who is struck by a bolt of lightning.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

It's not "up to God", it's up to nature. And man.

If God is our "saviour" He/She has done a piss poor fucking job of saving us from ourselves.

Neither God nor Jesus has delivered the goods to humankind. Ever. Nor will He/She ever do so.

Stop languishing in your pretend world of of mysticism. And most certainly don't you ever present that bullshit to me.

You will some day soon die just like the rest of us. Just like an ISIS car bomber. Just like an infant with a heart defect. Just like a 34 year old father of three with no indications of health issues, just like a randomly gunned-down young man on the streets of Chicago. Just like someone who is struck by a bolt of lightning.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

If God is our "saviour" He/She has done a piss poor fucking job of saving us from ourselves.

Neither God nor Jesus has delivered the goods to humankind. Ever. Nor will He/She ever do so.

Stop languishing in your pretend world of of mysticism. And most certainly don't you ever present that bullshit to me.

you have no clue of what you speak. Eternal Security isn't about physical death anyway. Btw many Believers won't die physically either, Chew on that.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

you have no clue of what you speak. Eternal Security isn't about physical death anyway. Btw many Believers won't die physically either, Chew on that.

Chew on what? Pontificated air? :lol:

Here's a fact for you. You are going to die. What death is, and what you think that you believe is death could be two entirely different things.

So you better keep your options wide and open.

That's what I have done. Yet you call me a liar. You deny me my wish of death.

How fucking tolerant, Christian, understanding, accepting. and benevolent of you. :slap:

NWS Lightning Fatalities

Here's a fact for you. You are going to die. What death is, and what you think that you believe is death could be two entirely different things.

How fucking tolerant, Christian, understanding, accepting. and benevolent of you. :slap:

not everyone is going to die... but since you don't read OR understand the Bible, you are a lost soul.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

not everyone is going to die... but since you don't read OR understand the Bible, you are a lost soul.

My soul is not lost by any means. I found it not too many years ago during the depths of my depression and hopelessness. Yes, I reached bottom. I attempted suicide. God didn't save me then, nor did Christ.

Reality did.

Common sense consciousness and an awareness of self and of reality saved me.

Not fictional characters with such names as "God" or "Christ".

I live on the mean streets of life. You live in the pages of man-written documentation of a fictional world.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

My soul is not lost by any means. I found it not too many years ago during the depths of my depression and hopelessness. Yes, I reached bottom. I attempted suicide. God didn't save me then, nor did Christ.

Reality did.

Common sense consciousness and an awareness self and of reality saved me.

I live on the mean streets of life. You live in the pages of man-written documentation of a fictional world.

listen here son.. you don't know what I've been through. More than you I'd bet. You can gain the entire world and everything in it but then what? What will you give God in exchange for your soul?

And yes- unless you accept Jesus as your Savior you are going to hell forever- a very long time to think about your rejection of Him. If it wasn't for Him you would not be breathing.

25"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.… (Matthew 16)

NWS Lightning Fatalities

Reality did.

Mr. H. I sin everyday, I am far far far from perfect but thanks to God I have a future- a great future because of what Jesus did for me. He never forces anyone to believe in Him. Free will. God doesn't want robots. In all sincerity, please pray about it when you can- ask Him if He really is real to reveal Himself to you- I promise you if you are sincere and truly looking- He will. And it will be the happiest day of your life.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

Reality did.

Common sense consciousness and an awareness self and of reality saved me.

listen here son.. you don't know what I've been through. More than you I'd bet. You can gain the entire world and everything in it but then what? What will you give God in exchange for your soul?

And yes- unless you accept Jesus as your Savior you are going to hell forever- a very long time to think about your rejection of Him. If it wasn't for Him you would not be breathing.

25"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.… (Matthew 16)
I appreciate you referring to me as son. :thup:

But I hardly consider you as a father figure. :slap:

My dad died when I was 12 and I was left the male head of household and so charged with the care of my three younger siblings.

No, I don't know what you've been through. But I'll take your word for it. Maybe we can resolve ourselves to just get shit-faced drunk and swap story. :beer:

i don't take things too personal on a message board; yes life is tough but at the end of the day I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, you've had a tough life and I'm am glad you have a good head on your shoulders. My mother died when I was 19 from cancer, almost all my family died within 20 years. I have almost died 3 times, got stung by 300-500 yellow jackets in 30 minutes in 1984, almost killed mva in both 1995 and 2000. Lots of other bad things too and health issues but I'm still here. I struggle with certain sins often and at times doubt my own salvation. But then I study the Bible and realize that if our salvation depended on me or us, none of us would go to Heaven... thats why Jesus came to die in our place. THINK about it just for a second- humor me- the God of the UNIVERSE comes down from Heaven as a MAN and suffers and dies on a Cross just for YOU. Amazing. Salvation is a free gift.

NWS Lightning Fatalities

Reality did.

Mr. H. I sin everyday, I am far far far from perfect but thanks to God I have a future- a great future because of what Jesus did for me. He never forces anyone to believe in Him. Free will. God doesn't want robots. In all sincerity, please pray about it when you can- ask Him if He really is real to reveal Himself to you- I promise you if you are sincere and truly looking- He will. And it will be the happiest day of your life.

Stop slobbering over yourself. :slap:

You're a decent egg. I had you as such pegged way back.

But let me ask you this- if I were sitting next to you on a park bench, who would you recognize?

Me? Or Jesus?

Reality did.

But let me ask you this- if I were sitting next to you on a park bench, who would you recognize?

Me? Or Jesus?

you of course, why you ask? But hopefully I would see Jesus also because He said if you help others you help Him. He loves all His children- even if we wander or don't love Him.

Reality did.

Me? Or Jesus?

you of course, why you ask? But hopefully I would see Jesus also because He said if you help others you help Him. He loves all His children- even if we wander or don't love Him.
Reality (me) VS delusion (Christ).

Seriously I thank you for your response and am flattered that you would recognise my physical presence before you would acknowledge the spiritual presence of Jesus.

Mr. H. 1, Jesus 0.

Am I good, or what? :dunno:

God does decide. Nature is grass and trees and stuff.
Not even a sparrow falls that He doesn't give His ok. There are several examples where he lengthens the days of individuals.
We are made in the image of our Father. We are spirit. We are eternal. Death is merely stepping out of the clay and temporarily changing addresses. Your mind, your memory, your family ties are all apart of your soul. You are you forever.

Reality did.

Me? Or Jesus?

But Ninja, If you accept the gift of being salvaged by the work Christ did on the cross, as soon as you accept Christ as your savior, your name is written in the Book of Life. Your fate is sealed. Your behavior doesn't have a thing to do with whether or not you'll see Jesus. He insured we would. He gave us His perfect record to hand over at the Gate, and took our crappy record on Himself and paid the price, so we wouldn't have to.
Our sins, past, present, and future were already dealt with on the cross and forgotten by our Father, once and for all, 2000 years ago. We help others to pay homage to the one who helped us. We are known as His disciples by the love we show. :)

Reality did.

Me? Or Jesus?

But Ninja, If you accept the gift of being salvaged by the work Christ did on the cross, as soon as you accept Christ as your savior, your name is written in the Book of Life. Your fate is sealed. Your behavior doesn't have a thing to do with whether or not you'll see Jesus. He insured we would. He gave us His perfect record to hand over at the Gate, and took our crappy record on Himself and paid the price, so we wouldn't have to.
Our sins, past, present, and future were already dealt with on the cross and forgotten by our Father, once and for all, 2000 years ago. We help others to pay homage to the one who helped us. We are known as His disciples by the love we show. :)

yes I know that...but some of my sins are WORSE than they were BEFORE I got saved..its just the enemy imo causing me to doubt but I know I have guilt for one particular "bad" sin i struggle with.

I know Jesus knew all of my sins before I was even born, but as a human in my flesh it still hurts me and i get discouraged and I still cant believe i engage in certain sins AFTER getting saved. I'm not a baby either. I was saved in 1997.

this life is literally one grain of sand on all the beaches in the world. Its like a mist. This body is just a tent.

Yep. And yet oddly, when it's time, the dead in Christ will be reunited with their new improved bodies, and those bodies still alive will be transformed in an instant, and we will spend eternity in the new upgraded bodies. Ones that can move among the dimensions, walk on the ocean floor, and use 100% of our brains. That will be nice. Once our brains work at 100% all the Democrats will become Republicans. ;)

Forum List

Back