Establishment Republicans Consider Working with Democrats to Pick House Speaker

And if you believe that line of bullshit, I've got a bridge you simply must see.

IF you believe my statement was as you said "bullshit" Then THOSE WHO FOUNDED OUR COUNTRY were just "bullshiting us???? That INSTEAD OF KINGS & DICTATORS we could create this great country by working together, Was not That the goal?

No perfection was expected. And what they built warts & all, is what we have now. Why do you want to tear it down?

I didn't lie.

LOL

Of course you lied. You ran away from posting proof of election fraud, not because you have any (you don't), but under the pathetic excuse that I only accept proof from a court conviction; which I never limited you to.

Fact is -- you have no proof. I know it. You know it. Everybody here knows it.

:dance:

Can you believe these imbeciles? The party needs to be cleansed of these idiots. What can Republicans possibly gain by allowing Dims to have a hand in choosing their leaders? That would make as much sense as allowing Adolph Hitler to choose our generals during WW II.

While the Republican Party will vote on a nominee for House Speaker on Tuesday for the projected GOP-led Congress next year, some establishment Republicans are considering working with House Democrats to select a Speaker.
GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), the favored candidate to win the party’s nomination for Speaker, will face a challenge from at least one of his colleagues during Tuesday’s vote.​
Most excellent.

The prospect of a return to Sanity and the Beginning of the End of the bat$hit-crazy MAGA Republicans in Congress.

I doubt it will happen - I'll believe it if-and-when I see it... but it's a Fun Thing to contemplate.

Can you believe these imbeciles? The party needs to be cleansed of these idiots. What can Republicans possibly gain by allowing Dims to have a hand in choosing their leaders? That would make as much sense as allowing Adolph Hitler to choose our generals during WW II.

While the Republican Party will vote on a nominee for House Speaker on Tuesday for the projected GOP-led Congress next year, some establishment Republicans are considering working with House Democrats to select a Speaker.
GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), the favored candidate to win the party’s nomination for Speaker, will face a challenge from at least one of his colleagues during Tuesday’s vote.​
MAGA is killing your party in case you haven’t noticed.

Trying to be Speaker over a bunch of Republicans is like herding cats.

McCarthy will be driven from Office just like Boehner and Ryan
Makes you appreciate Pelosi
They’re only gonna have like a three or four vote majority. It will be impossible for McCarthy to keep his entire caucus in line. For those Republicans who are done riding the MAGA crazy train, working with the Dems may be the only way to get a speaker who won’t cater to the crazy.
It may save their party in the long run.

They’re only gonna have like a three or four vote majority. It will be impossible for McCarthy to keep his entire caucus in line. For those Republicans who are done riding the MAGA crazy train, working with the Dems may be the only way to get a speaker who won’t cater to the crazy.
It may save their party in the long run.

The Speaker won't have to keep all of his caucus in line for the most part.

The Speaker has the authority to not even present bills for a vote if they don't think its a good idea.

That will depend a lot on the Democrats.

When Uncle Newtie was Speaker, he was able to get the Defense of Marriage Act passed in a bipartisan majority and signed by Slick WIlly.

I'd love to see something like that get pushed through. There are a sufficient number of Democrats from heterosexual districts that might want to get on board.
Huh?
The Senate is literally getting ready to pass a law codifying same sex marriage. Then back to the House.

BTW, Biden proudly voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage when it was previously voted on.

There is no reason why he shouldn't sign it this time, and this could definitely be an issue that both sides could approve in a bipartisan fashion.

LOL

Of course you lied. You ran away from posting proof of election fraud, not because you have any (you don't), but under the pathetic excuse that I only accept proof from a court conviction; which I never limited you to.

Fact is -- you have no proof. I know it. You know it. Everybody here knows it.

:dance:

But it's SOP when your side does it, right demon?

Forum List

Back