EPA begins review that could lead to PVC ban...

Who told you to get rid of your car and stove? I haven`t been told any of that. If things can be made without PVC what`s the problem. This reminds me of my childhood when people thought being forced to have a car with a catalytic converter was the end of the world. :omg:

The laws saying no ICE vehicle sales after X Date, and no gas stoves in new construction?

Does it feel like we're going backwards?

Gotta get rid of your car...and your stove...and your dryer...

Now you can't have water pipes or siding on your house.

'

The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Thursday announced a review that could eventually lead to the end of PVC plastic production—impacting everything from records to rubber ducks.

<snip>

An EPA statement on the review, which includes four other chemicals, said the step was "consistent with a commitment from the Biden-Harris Administration to understand and address environmental and toxic exposures" as part of President Joe Biden's "Cancer Moonshot" initiative.'

This is progress.

Even copper wasn't that great. Plus PVC opened plumbing to Do It Yourselfers in a whole new way.

I totally replaced two entire house plumbing systems without ever learning to braze a pipe.
Not to mention PVC is a staple in underground electric service. Now we may have to go back to Galvanized Rigid Steel?

The laws saying no ICE vehicle sales after X Date, and no gas stoves in new construction?
Good. What`s the problem? There are cooking shows on tv 24/7 and some have people cooking with gas and some have people using electric stoves. Life is good when this is all people have to bitch about....and Trump`s election day beat down. :)
China puts out more CO2 than all industrialized nations combined, and you Leftards care so much about the environment you declare it’s irrelevant.
China has more citizens. Did you know that? They also have 30,000 miles of electrified high speed rail and they don`t need lectures from people who drive around in gas guzzling pickups with no one in the vehicle but themselves. I do a little of that myself when the wife has the Toyota. The truck is 2 years old and has traveled less than 3,000 miles.

Some cities have gotten rid of plastic bags in stores already.

Getting rid of coal will mean the end to new steel buildings, coal is an ingredient in steel.

Soon we'll be living in caves again carrying around big clubs as firearms will all be illegal too.

View attachment 873929

At least they won't be plastic clubs.

I Intend making my club out of endangered hardwoods and condor bones.

Good. What`s the problem? There are cooking shows on tv 24/7 and some have people cooking with gas and some have people using electric stoves. Life is good when this is all people have to bitch about....and Trump`s election day beat down. :)

China has more citizens. Did you know that? They also have 30,000 miles of electrified high speed rail and they don`t need lectures from people who drive around in gas guzzling pickups with no one in the vehicle but themselves. I do a little of that myself when the wife has the Toyota. The truck is 2 years old and has traveled less than 3,000 miles.

it's about the force you dipshit.

Crybaby. I remember the old guys bitching about catalytic converters like it would be the end of the world. :icon_cry:

Those were just an added cost, not banning an entire type of a given piece of equipment or vehicle and replacing it with something not as effective.

Why is the government force required to replace them with something worse?

How about you live carbon free in a hole first, you Gaia dildo sucking fucktard?

Making excuses for the nation that puts out more CO2 than ALL INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS COMBINED!

Figures.

BTW - most Chinese are poorer than the poorest Americans.

Making excuses for the nation that puts out more CO2 than ALL INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS COMBINED!

Figures.

BTW - most Chinese are poorer than the poorest Americans.
We`re not on the list of countries planning to phase out internal combustion. Happy?

Forum List

Back