Enterovirus Spreading Mostly In Children

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Virus hitting U.S. may be tip of iceberg - CNN.com

Snip,
CNN said:
A respiratory virus is sending hundreds of children to hospitals throughout the Midwest and beyond, health officials say.

The unusually high number of hospitalizations reported could be "just the tip of the iceberg in terms of severe cases," said Mark Pallansch, a virologist and director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Division of Viral Diseases.

Twelve states have contacted the CDC for assistance in investigating clusters of enterovirus: Alabama, Colorado, Michigan, Georgia, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Utah. Four -- Colorado, Illinois, Missouri and Iowa -- have confirmed cases of Enterovirus D68, also known as EV-D68.

Just a guess/theory by me,
but these days, all the schools and daycare's are heavily using antibacterial/antiviral hand cleansers and making kids constantly clean their hands with them to avoid germs. The kids aren't getting casual exposure to germs and naturally building up antibodies in their health system. So now, they finally do get exposed to something and their body has no antibodies (white blood cells) to fight it off.
It mainly affects the young, because us older folk have built up resistance because we had minor exposure in our past and already developed antibodies that can adapt to fight it off.
Kind of like when the Europeans came to America. The Europeans introduced virus's and bacteria's to the Native Americans that they had never been exposed to before and it killed shit-tons of them with minimal affect on the Europeans.

And gobs of antibiotics.

This particular virus was first discovered in the early 60s.

It certainly has nothing at all to do with the refugee children who don't have it in the numbers that American kids do.

But then, many are better vaccinated than American kids and they're not swimming in antibiotics and anti-bacterial crap.

This will get a lot worse in the future and I'm sure the RWs will continue to blame everything except the real causes.

And gobs of antibiotics.

It certainly has nothing at all to do with the refugee children who don't have it in the numbers that American kids do.

But then, many are better vaccinated than American kids and they're not swimming in antibiotics and anti-bacterial crap.

This will get a lot worse in the future and I'm sure the RWs will continue to blame everything except the real causes.
What do you think the real cause is?

And gobs of antibiotics.

You don't know that this has nothing to do with the refugee children because we aren't allowed to track where they've been placed so we don't know whether they are the vector of transmission. The rate of infection with those refugee children is a red herring, what matters is that you only need one kid to show up and start an infection cluster. These infections are popping up all over the US, so there has to be some mechanism which allows this to happen. A wave infection, starting in one location and then expanding to adjacent territory as people move about, shows us how the infection spreads. That's not what we're seeing here. Widely distant locales are getting infected at the same time.

And gobs of antibiotics.

Its what is known as an elegant virus. We have invited it in and its getting comfortable.

If we look back at the history of viruses, they have been getting stronger over the years. Read the real history of the polio vaccine. We didn't cure it. The number of cases show a bell shaped curve. For the most part, it died out on its own and now, the only new cases we see in developed countries are gotten from things like changing the diapers of newly (live virus)vac'd babies. I know that flies in the face of what we have always been told but the evidence is there.

We have healed ourselves into chronic illness.

Kids and schools grow viruses faster than we can come up with new drugs. The viruses do what viruses are so good at - they mutate and get stronger.

We've been told for years that over use of antibiotics would be our undoing and we've been seeing that happen now for quite a while. We now have many diseases we can't cure anymore because they have out-mutated our drugs.

The refugee kids are a convenient thing to blame but this virus is old and has been coming back stronger every year.

And, those who blame the refugees ignore the fact that the virus isn't in the border states and or showing up with any numbers in those kids.

So, we'll shoot ourselves in the foot again - just because some of us hate a president because he's black and innocent little kids because they're brown.

And gobs of antibiotics.

You don't know that this has nothing to do with the refugee children because we aren't allowed to track where they've been placed so we don't know whether they are the vector of transmission. The rate of infection with those refugee children is a red herring, what matters is that you only need one kid to show up and start an infection cluster. These infections are popping up all over the US, so there has to be some mechanism which allows this to happen. A wave infection, starting in one location and then expanding to adjacent territory as people move about, shows us how the infection spreads. That's not what we're seeing here. Widely distant locales are getting infected at the same time.

Every single thing you wrote is incorrect.

Every one.

And gobs of antibiotics.

Every one.

Look, I can play mindless liberal too. Watch. Every single thing you wrote is incorrect. See, now I too qualify to be a mindless liberal.

we need more illegal immigrants from Honduras who wasn't screened for anything before Obama dropped them in our schools. you know him being the good Christian that he is

And gobs of antibiotics.

Every one.

Look, I can play mindless liberal too. Watch. Every single thing you wrote is incorrect. See, now I too qualify to be a mindless liberal.

Oh get real.

You post the very same racist shit in every single thread. It gets old.

I addressed the OP.

You ignored facts, as always, and just did your same old blame game that has no basis in fact.

And gobs of antibiotics.

Every one.

Oh get real.

You post the very same racist shit in every single thread. It gets old.

I addressed the OP.

You ignored facts, as always, and just did your same old blame game that has no basis in fact.

Look, I can play mindless liberal too. Watch. Cry, moan, bitch, make up shit, bitch, cry, moan.

Your mind is like a sewer. All sorts of crap floating around in there. You cite magic facts. What facts am I ignoring? You don't mention that, but because the sewer of your mind farted that thought to the forefront of your brain, you wrote it. Your sewer mind farted up the accusation that every single thing I wrote was incorrect and so you vomited that out onto the screen. Did you note how what I wrote was incorrect? Do you even know whether it is incorrect? It doesn't matter, your sewer mind farted up that thought and that's all that you need in order to believe it. Why would you need evidence or reason? You likely actually believe that anything your sewer of a mind farts up is actually true. That's a very bizarre world view.

And gobs of antibiotics.

Most diseases seem to manifest as populations are crowded together. Some kind of nature's balance to keep numbers of animals in check including human ones. I'ts debateable if humans are really well-suited to live in massive communities as with cities if diseases crop up so predictably as a result.

Forum List

Back