A Calorie Puzzle

cultsmasher

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
Bay City, MI
I have heard that a way that they used to test for calories in things was to burn them and see how much extra energy they put out. But the thing is, you could probably get calories to show up by burning human dung. So despite all of the bad things too many calories do to you, it obviously takes less calories to do those bad things. This means that the whole calorie thing is misleading. It's possible that different people absorb foods differently. It is certanly the case that some foods are absorbed more readily than others. Somebody needs to come up with a better way to calculate the calories in various foods.

If you have the diet that Hitler gave the concentration camp members, you'd loose that pesky spare tire...

• Banned
Moonglow,
You still going on about my avatar? But I'll play along. There were even more severe diets out there than what the Hitler regeme gave concentration camp prisoners. For example, in the old testament, the Jews no doubt beseiged various towns. No dount the people inside were exposed to some extreme dieting. Such things are a story as old as the hills. In more recent history, during the Boer war, the British sent Boer women, children and men too old to fight to concentration camps. People who I should point out were about as White as it is possible to be. Of these, 4,177 women died. 22,074 children died. 1676 of the old men died.

• Banned
A calorie is not a calorie. What you eat matters way more than how much.
Pennywise,
You are correct. But unfortunately, I am on food stamps. If you are not, you would probably find it hard to believe how difficult it is to eat healthy on the amount of food stamps the state gives out. But our patriotic government has found a perfect solution to that. Send jobs to places like China or India where the poor REALLY know how to be poor. Or do nothing useful to stop illegal invaders from pouring over tha southern border.

Forum List

Back