Enoch Powell on Being Called A Racist | The Dick Cavett Show.

Powel born into aristocratic wealth was racist vermin.
"His "Rivers of Blood" speach led to the Lewisham London & Ladywell Birmingham race riots in 1977.
Neo-Nazi marchers The National Front, counted without running into us. The Anti-Fascist Leauge, but there was mayhem when we did meet, Though make no mistake I would have killed any of the Nazi scum I could have got to but could not get close enough.

Battle of Lewisham - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Battle_of_Lewisham

View attachment 457111View attachment 457112View attachment 457114
I wrote this Punk song soon after and it became an anthem that summer.

Fear And Loathing In Lewisham

You got your Rasta's and you got your Dru's,
You got your Nazi's and your 4 by 2's.
You got your culture in the Monarchy,
But your traditions loaded with hypocrisy.

Accursed Aryans in Hitler's brain,
Englands heritage down the drain.
You don't know nothing cos you never learn,
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham..
Fear and loathing in Lewisham.

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing.

Der Sturmer revitalised,
Through the press's poison lies.
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern,

Political forecasts “Rivers of blood",
A culture lost in the racial flood.
Scapegoats of the unemployed,
Final solution Genocide.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham
Fear and loathing in Lewisham,

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing..

G7 A Am C View attachment 457099 OZ and the Orchestra 1977

Overwrought lazy thinking.

This isn’t supposed to be a topic on his character, but about what he said. And the different context of race, according to cultural differences.
"Overwrought lazy thinking."??
Why so unfair 'my little baby cakes'?
How can the piece be both overwrought and lazy at the same time?
You didn't exactly say why you wrote the title on whether you agreed he was a racist or not. Is what a person says not a reflection of his character?
I don't see any cultural differences in how the term 'racist' is used between
how people in the US or UK use it. Except to say that it seems to be used far more in the US than here, that though might just be an exaggerated impression based on the fact I view this USMB forum.

So let's see...yes I called Powel out as a 'racist'. The main reason for doing so is in his interview he said it was not the numbers of immigrants coming into the UK he objected to but the fact that they were black, Muslim Hindu
Sikh i.e. culturally different. So his objections were quite clearly based on race. It does though go a lot further with everything we know about Powel. He didn't just want to stop new immigrants from arriving from India/Pakistan, he wanted to send those already here back. It didn't matter that they may have been here for years and had English-born children he wanted to send them back as well. That quite clearly puts him in the category of Neo-Nazi.

It has been put forward by some on this thread (no doubt with sympathies) that he was a prophet. He was not a prophet. His "Rivers Of Blood" speech was a clarion call to those who had up until then similar race hate views to come out of the woodwork and vent their spleen openly. Powel tapped into an assortment of the extreme right-wing political underground movements who were so small had gone virtually unnoticed. The British Union of Fascists. British National Party. League of Empire Loyalists & The Greater Britain Movement all merged in 1967 to form the National Front. (Don't they just remind you of those US militias Proud Boys. Oath Keepers etc,) Powel saw what they were about and decided to run with it and give them a major voice in politics.
The result was his "Rivers Of Blood" speech in 1968. It was a self-fulfilling incendiary speech designed to promote racism into the mainstream and encouraged the likes of the National Front to become more active.
The NF's support increased with marches that reached a peak in 1977 with violent clashes with the Anti-Fascist League in Lewisham London and Ladywell Birmingham that I was personally involved in.

So "my sweet" I gave you a reference to the Battle of Lewisham and photographs that resulted from Powel's incitements. Plus a personal admission of my involvement. Then on top of all that I gave you a song.
Written by yours truly Fear And Loathing captures the degree of hostility towards the NF and even mentions Powels "Rivers Of Blood" speech.
How many replies to anything you've ever posted have given you all that plus an original song?

None - so I think you've short-changed me, my dear, with your inconsiderate reply that I found very hurtful. We on the left have feelings too!

You should also consider that the National Front eventually morphed into UKIP. Then the Brexit Party. Cameron scared of the same old racists in the Tory party deserting agreed to a referendum which has resulted in the present shit we now find ourselves in.

The Americans have totally different attitude to racism than the British. Who were into Paki-bashing.
Your joking right?
Even if you ignore the Genocide perpetrated on the Indigenous American tribes. You have the N*****, not just bashing but enslaving and lynchings.
You also seem to forget today as we speak there are athletes 'taking the knee' in stadiums around the world stating their revulsion and criticism of one infamous N murdering incident by a white American.

Since 9/11 Paki- Bashing was instantly replaced by Muslim - bashing, and phobia. And since entering the USMB circus the one thing we Brits are criticised for more than anything else is how we have let Muslims take over the UK. Sadiq Khan and his Sharia no go areas of London. The rape of our young girls by Muslim hordes etc.

I do think O sweetest that you seem to view everything American through rose-tinted glasses. How come you who you've said have actually lived here in England and know what it's like never voice any defence?

No sorry when it comes to racism and racists, yanks are in a league of their own compared to any other country.
Are all you Brits fags? Sorry, I meant poofters.
Well, that last post certainly got the feathers flying!
Quack quack quack quack Ha ha ha.

Having destroyed you on racism you now switch to 'poofters'.
So what's your problem with 'poofters'?
I have no problem with buttsex between consenting adults. I was just wondering if all you Brits are poofters, or just the ones posting here.
O know I know who you are yea... I remember.
The Czech who pretends not to be German!
Neither Czech nor German, but Greek and American. Whatever, but certainly not a whinging pom poofter.
Yea I bet your gagging for my cock!
As your posts amount to little more than a fruit bats wank I'll leave you to dream about my 9 inches you sad fag kraut.
Yes 9 inches of solid Brit manhood and I haven't even mentioned the girth.
Lick your lips boyo ha ha ha!
I think you should be talking to Tammy, He's a Brit and a screaming poofter too. This stuff excites him.
Think you'll find he's called Tommy, Seems your getting a bit flustered
wooow ha ha ha!

Powel born into aristocratic wealth was racist vermin.
"His "Rivers of Blood" speach led to the Lewisham London & Ladywell Birmingham race riots in 1977.
Neo-Nazi marchers The National Front, counted without running into us. The Anti-Fascist Leauge, but there was mayhem when we did meet, Though make no mistake I would have killed any of the Nazi scum I could have got to but could not get close enough.

Battle of Lewisham - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Battle_of_Lewisham

View attachment 457111View attachment 457112View attachment 457114
I wrote this Punk song soon after and it became an anthem that summer.

Fear And Loathing In Lewisham

You got your Rasta's and you got your Dru's,
You got your Nazi's and your 4 by 2's.
You got your culture in the Monarchy,
But your traditions loaded with hypocrisy.

Accursed Aryans in Hitler's brain,
Englands heritage down the drain.
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham..

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing.

Der Sturmer revitalised,
Through the press's poison lies.
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern,

Political forecasts “Rivers of blood",
A culture lost in the racial flood.
Scapegoats of the unemployed,
Final solution Genocide.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham
Fear and loathing in Lewisham,

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing..

G7 A Am C View attachment 457099 OZ and the Orchestra 1977

Overwrought lazy thinking.

This isn’t supposed to be a topic on his character, but about what he said. And the different context of race, according to cultural differences.
"Overwrought lazy thinking."??
Why so unfair 'my little baby cakes'?
How can the piece be both overwrought and lazy at the same time?
You didn't exactly say why you wrote the title on whether you agreed he was a racist or not. Is what a person says not a reflection of his character?
I don't see any cultural differences in how the term 'racist' is used between
how people in the US or UK use it. Except to say that it seems to be used far more in the US than here, that though might just be an exaggerated impression based on the fact I view this USMB forum.

So let's see...yes I called Powel out as a 'racist'. The main reason for doing so is in his interview he said it was not the numbers of immigrants coming into the UK he objected to but the fact that they were black, Muslim Hindu
Sikh i.e. culturally different. So his objections were quite clearly based on race. It does though go a lot further with everything we know about Powel. He didn't just want to stop new immigrants from arriving from India/Pakistan, he wanted to send those already here back. It didn't matter that they may have been here for years and had English-born children he wanted to send them back as well. That quite clearly puts him in the category of Neo-Nazi.

It has been put forward by some on this thread (no doubt with sympathies) that he was a prophet. He was not a prophet. His "Rivers Of Blood" speech was a clarion call to those who had up until then similar race hate views to come out of the woodwork and vent their spleen openly. Powel tapped into an assortment of the extreme right-wing political underground movements who were so small had gone virtually unnoticed. The British Union of Fascists. British National Party. League of Empire Loyalists & The Greater Britain Movement all merged in 1967 to form the National Front. (Don't they just remind you of those US militias Proud Boys. Oath Keepers etc,) Powel saw what they were about and decided to run with it and give them a major voice in politics.
The result was his "Rivers Of Blood" speech in 1968. It was a self-fulfilling incendiary speech designed to promote racism into the mainstream and encouraged the likes of the National Front to become more active.
The NF's support increased with marches that reached a peak in 1977 with violent clashes with the Anti-Fascist League in Lewisham London and Ladywell Birmingham that I was personally involved in.

So "my sweet" I gave you a reference to the Battle of Lewisham and photographs that resulted from Powel's incitements. Plus a personal admission of my involvement. Then on top of all that I gave you a song.
Written by yours truly Fear And Loathing captures the degree of hostility towards the NF and even mentions Powels "Rivers Of Blood" speech.
How many replies to anything you've ever posted have given you all that plus an original song?

None - so I think you've short-changed me, my dear, with your inconsiderate reply that I found very hurtful. We on the left have feelings too!

You should also consider that the National Front eventually morphed into UKIP. Then the Brexit Party. Cameron scared of the same old racists in the Tory party deserting agreed to a referendum which has resulted in the present shit we now find ourselves in.

The Americans have totally different attitude to racism than the British. Who were into Paki-bashing.
Your joking right?
Even if you ignore the Genocide perpetrated on the Indigenous American tribes. You have the N*****, not just bashing but enslaving and lynchings.
You also seem to forget today as we speak there are athletes 'taking the knee' in stadiums around the world stating their revulsion and criticism of one infamous N murdering incident by a white American.

Since 9/11 Paki- Bashing was instantly replaced by Muslim - bashing, and phobia. And since entering the USMB circus the one thing we Brits are criticised for more than anything else is how we have let Muslims take over the UK. Sadiq Khan and his Sharia no go areas of London. The rape of our young girls by Muslim hordes etc.

I do think O sweetest that you seem to view everything American through rose-tinted glasses. How come you who you've said have actually lived here in England and know what it's like never voice any defence?

No sorry when it comes to racism and racists, yanks are in a league of their own compared to any other country.
Are all you Brits fags? Sorry, I meant poofters.
Well, that last post certainly got the feathers flying!
Quack quack quack quack Ha ha ha.

Having destroyed you on racism you now switch to 'poofters'.
So what's your problem with 'poofters'?
I have no problem with buttsex between consenting adults. I was just wondering if all you Brits are poofters, or just the ones posting here.

You showed that clip a couple of months back sweetness. Is it the dementia?

So you were paying attention to me?

That says a lot.

Why wouldn't I pay attention babycakes, but enough beating around the bush when are you coming to meet me.
I'm sure you will love my little hacienda nestled up here in the lakes!

..well, the R word is like the impeachment word = means nothing now

I’d never paid much attention to Enoch Powell; before my time.

But I had noticed of late, the different contexts of the word, British vs American.
the same goes to USA vs. French , Polish , etc. my American brothers must visit or at least read about others countries´s different contexts of the words. that my recommend:
What Foreigners Don't Get About Emmanuel Macron - The ...
www.theatlantic.com › macron-trump-economics

19 Jan 2018 — Foreigners are fascinated by French President Emmanuel Macron. ... something all Americans can identify with, not about a protectionist barrier ...

Forum List

Back