Enoch Powell on Being Called A Racist | The Dick Cavett Show.

• Banned
..well, the R word is like the impeachment word = means nothing now

I’d never paid much attention to Enoch Powell; before my time.

But I had noticed of late, the different contexts of the word, British vs American.
We have no idea when your time was but I am sure Enoch got over being called a racist as we all do.

You’re all over the place, aren’t you?
I'm large enough to spread myself thin. Enoch did the same, he wasn't a one trick horse.

But I had noticed of late, the different contexts of the word, British vs American.
We have no idea when your time was but I am sure Enoch got over being called a racist as we all do.
hahhahahahah-we LAUGH at the word-----you people cried wolf so much that it means nothing now
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Broadcast from London, Dick Cavett questions British politician Enoch Powell on the reports claiming him to be a racist. Featuring British director and author Jonathan Miller.

How is one word (racist) given so much power where all one has to do is call someone it and they completely cave? It's a word--nothing more. Stick and stones people.

Broadcast from London, Dick Cavett questions British politician Enoch Powell on the reports claiming him to be a racist. Featuring British director and author Jonathan Miller.

How is one word (racist) given so much power where all one has to do is call someone it and they completely cave? It's a word--nothing more. Stick and stones people.

It could make for an interesting discussion, the differing transatlantic interpretations of the issue.

Would require a tolerance of different viewpoints though. :dunno:

hahhahahahah-we LAUGH at the word-----you people cried wolf so much that it means nothing now
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
I am just a single human I have no ability to talk for more than one person at a time...Racism is a word I have heard all my life used to try to make you conform...In my world I don't have a need to be racist but I can if I like...You may do the same if you so please.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
I am just a single human I have no ability to talk for more than one person at a time...Racism is a word I have heard all my life used to try to make you conform...In my world I don't have a need to be racist but I can if I like...You may do the same if you so please.
RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RACISM!!!!!!!!!
RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RACISM!!!!!!!!!
RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which one is past participle?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RACISM!!!!!!!!!
RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
...only idiots would not see the idiocy of that crap

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RACISM!!!!!!!!!
RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you come here to talk about anything?

Or just to be annoying?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RACISM!!!!!!!!!
RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you come here to talk about anything?

Or just to be annoying?
Isn't being annoying anything?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RACISM!!!!!!!!!
RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
...only idiots would not see the idiocy of that crap
I had a bad habit of ignoring most folks growing up and after I left the army I shut people out.

Powel born into aristocratic wealth was racist vermin.
"His "Rivers of Blood" speach led to the Lewisham London & Ladywell Birmingham race riots in 1977.
Neo-Nazi marchers The National Front, counted without running into us. The Anti-Fascist Leauge, but there was mayhem when we did meet, Though make no mistake I would have killed any of the Nazi scum I could have got to but could not get close enough.

Battle of Lewisham - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Battle_of_Lewisham

1613316746454.png
1613316815273.png
1613316852576.png

I wrote this Punk song soon after and it became an anthem that summer.

Fear And Loathing In Lewisham

You got your Rasta's and you got your Dru's,
You got your Nazi's and your 4 by 2's.
You got your culture in the Monarchy,
But your traditions loaded with hypocrisy.

Accursed Aryans in Hitler's brain,
Englands heritage down the drain.
You don't know nothing cos you never learn,
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham..
Fear and loathing in Lewisham.

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing.

Der Sturmer revitalised,
Through the press's poison lies.
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern,

Political forecasts “Rivers of blood",
A culture lost in the racial flood.
Scapegoats of the unemployed,
Final solution Genocide.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham
Fear and loathing in Lewisham,

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing..

G7 A Am C
1613315504724.png
OZ and the Orchestra 1977

Powel born into aristocratic wealth was racist vermin.
"His "Rivers of Blood" speach led to the Lewisham London & Ladywell Birmingham race riots in 1977.
Neo-Nazi marchers The National Front, counted without running into us. The Anti-Fascist Leauge, but there was mayhem when we did meet, Though make no mistake I would have killed any of the Nazi scum I could have got to but could not get close enough.

Battle of Lewisham - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Battle_of_Lewisham

View attachment 457111View attachment 457112View attachment 457114
I wrote this Punk song soon after and it became an anthem that summer.

Fear And Loathing In Lewisham

You got your Rasta's and you got your Dru's,
You got your Nazi's and your 4 by 2's.
You got your culture in the Monarchy,
But your traditions loaded with hypocrisy.

Accursed Aryans in Hitler's brain,
Englands heritage down the drain.
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham..

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing.

Der Sturmer revitalised,
Through the press's poison lies.
You don't feel nothing cos you've no concern,

Political forecasts “Rivers of blood",
A culture lost in the racial flood.
Scapegoats of the unemployed,
Final solution Genocide.

Fear and loathing in Lewisham
Fear and loathing in Lewisham,

Fear and loathing.
Fear and loathing..

G7 A Am C View attachment 457099 OZ and the Orchestra 1977

Overwrought lazy thinking.

This isn’t supposed to be a topic on his character, but about what he said. And the different context of race, according to cultural differences.

believe it or not----WAYYYY back circa 1972 (?) I wrote a term paper for a college course---"SOCIOLOGY OF
MINORITIES" on---"paki bashing in England'-----Enoch Powell-----as a BIG issue. He PREDICTED FUTURE RACIAL strife (against Asians) in England. Of course he was the EVIL BASTARD of my paper------but over the years-------I have noted-----he was right

Forum List

Back