English speaking required

You didn't address my question at all. What relevance does your comment about people traveling abroad have to the topic of this thread?
Because Spanish should be outlawed worldwide. It's a language for people who don't seem to wash very often.[/QUOTE]
What idiotic, biased tripe!

Should every nation do that, too?

Every other nation already does.

really?,Canada is bi lingual English and French

It has always been bilingual. Just like there has always been a movement to split Canada into two separate nations. One English speaking, one French speaking. It didn't import millions of French that would demand that French be spoken.
Canada's not bilingual, It's French in Quebec and English everywhere else.

You're a rabid idiot. I can drive you right now to places in Nova Scotia where all the music is Scottish and the language on the streets is French. Then we can stop in spots in PEI and New Brunswick where you won't get far without French. Then we're off to Manitoba for more. You don't have the slightest clue in the world.

This is why inbred isolationism is a bad thing.
New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual province. Outside of tiny French enclaves, Canada is English outside of Quebec (and parts of New Brunswick)

Wrong yet again. See Manitoba. Why do you think I mentioned it above? DUH.
See, if you ever actually got out of Podunk Kansas and traveled to Canada you might know that. I've never been to Manitoba and even I know that.

You've embarrassed yourself enough, run along now.
I'll leave you alone on Canada, since you admit to never going there. But Manitoba only has a couple of small pockets of French people, mainly around Winnipeg, the largest city. Canada is officially bilingual, but in practicality it's not, and in fact, the further you go out west, the more English folks hate French people. The Maritimes generally like Quebec as the Habs are the farthest team to the East and everyone like the Habs. :D

Right, because when Americans travel abroad they always learn the local language for where they travel.

The topic of this thread has nothing to do with simply traveling abroad. You can't seem to focus on the topic at hand because you're so eager to drop in some hackneyed nonsense whether it fits or not.

Right, because when Americans travel abroad they always learn the local language for where they travel.

Love to see this requirement imposed on Americans for at home too. Average American's grasp of their own language could use some improvement. :)

There's a whole lot of difference between being a tourist and planning on residing in a county in regards to learning the language of that country.

ENGLISH SPEAKING REQUIRED
One of the requirements in the Comp. Immig. Reform Bill for work visas should be the requirement to speak English and write English.
It's not reform it's amnesty and even at that do you actually think that our government would monitor learning English?
What do U think illegals cost Taxpayers $630M teaching English to illegal immigrant adults? - Yahoo! Answers

Sandoval has now proposed $50 million in total funding for English-language learners programs. He is the first Nevada governor to dedicate funding to ELL.
Gov. Sandoval proposes additional funding for k-12 education | Inside Nevada Politics

State leaders are debating between $14 million and $66.5 million in state funding for English-language learner students.
"We have an obligation to provide every child with a reasonable educational opportunity," Lazos said. "We haven't been doing a good job (with English-language learner students). We need to be thinking about ways to strengthen them instead of looking at legal loopholes to save money."
Nevada continues to shortchange English-language learner programs, advocate maintains - Las Vegas Sun News

What is so threatening to immigrants that Americans expect them to learn the language of the culture they are supposedly adopting? As it stands right now, I have to pay taxes for duplicate versions of public documents just because some people won't acclimate. . I am so tired of this game. Diversity is ...divisive. What was it Lincoln said? A house divided, cannot stand. Do we really want or need a babble of languages when English worked just fine since the inception of this country?

What is so threatening to immigrants that Americans expect them to learn the language of the culture they are supposedly adopting? As it stands right now, I have to pay taxes for duplicate versions of public documents just because some people won't acclimate. . I am so tired of this game. Diversity is ...divisive. What was it Lincoln said? A house divided, cannot stand. Do we really want or need a babble of languages when English worked just fine since the inception of this country?

Other countries educate their people.

What is so threatening to Americans about that?

What is tiresome and divisive is the racism and hate for immigrants. While living in Tucson, it was a daily occurrence to hear certain people slip easily from English to Spanish and back again. Little brown skinned kids would often use both in one sentence.

Our country has always had a "babble of languages" and we call ourselves a melting pot.

Fact is, those brown skinned people you hate so much know more languages than you ever will and THAT is what is so threatening to you.

Many, many languages have been spoken in this country since its inception.

Many, many languages have been spoken in this country since its inception.
And English is the common language of the land. If I moved to Germany, I'd learn German. Pretty simple really, even for you. :D

It is to the government's benefit to take steps that the people cannot communicate with one another. That way they cannot organize into very large groups that would defy the government.

It is to the government's benefit to take steps that the people cannot communicate with one another. That way they cannot organize into very large groups that would defy the government.

So, you're suddenly in favor multilingual education like other countries?

That's very unlike your previous posts that are so in favor of ignorance.

Just make sure that there are enough languages spoken so that people can't communicate with one another. Keep them in their own little language barrios.

Just make sure that there are enough languages spoken so that people can't communicate with one another. Keep them in their own little language barrios.

That comment makes no sense.

That comment makes no sense.
Neither do any of yours. :lol:

While it would be nice if we all spoke the same language, there's that pesky part of the U.S. Constitution that states that "the freedom of speech shall not be abridged (abridged= shortened/curtailed).
Perhaps what is needed is another amendment to the Constitution; one in which it gives citizens the right to free speach in their homes and in public as long as such speakers do not advocate the harming of individuals who are not of their faith, or leave their faith and that all government and business documents be in english.

MARIPOSA ACADEMY

Mariposa Academy - La Academia Mariposa

http://www.nevadareportcard.com/profile/pdf/11-12/16281.E.pdf

Must learn English requirement in the Comp. Immg. Reform Amnesty Bill will cost taxpayers.
Why? The immigrants should be paying their own way. Visas should be given to those who already have made the effort to learn English. There are no shortage of would-be immigrants, certainly we can be a bit more selective than we have been. Someone who wants to come here should prepare themselves for life here well before applying for a visa.

If you mean the Illegal aliens....screw the visas's!... we have enough workers here already. Real unemployment at 20%? Are you kidding?
No visa's and no new immigrants. Close the gates. Explain why we need more?
I'd love to see all of you bleeding hearts cry if you lost YOUR job or got turned down for a job because of an illegal alien or a visa.

Forum List

Back