English Language Touted as ‘White Supremacy’

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Hopefully he wins, but we are living in insane times, so expect insane conclusions.

From Learning Language to Learning Prejudice

t was meant to be an institution for higher learning, a beacon of progress and understanding. But Pennsylvania State University took an unexpected turn when they allegedly started training their professors that English language itself is an embodiment of ‘White supremacy.’ One of these professors, Zack De Piero, was personally subjected to such teachings and now accuses the University of race discrimination.

R.d91889ae4cfc892326e6a4ccb13da462

If you want to be successful in the United States, you must embrace the values and culture of the country, and this includes learning the language and using it deftly. To suggest that SOME people should be rewarded with success without meeting its requirements is foolish.

If you want to be successful in the United States, you must embrace the values and culture of the country, and this includes learning the language and using it deftly. To suggest that SOME people should be rewarded with success without meeting its requirements is foolish.

"The language"? We are and have always been a land of many languages.

America was founded by English speaking people and has been our language for 400 years. If you can't speak English then you shouldn't be here.

Go to a non English speaking country and demand they all speak and write in your language and see how far that gets you.

English is Americans language. If you don't like it then you're free to go to another country.

Go to a non English speaking country and demand they all speak and write in your language and see how far that gets you.

You can find people who speak English in just about every non-English majority country.

Hopefully he wins, but we are living in insane times, so expect insane conclusions.

From Learning Language to Learning Prejudice

At one time I really believed there was hope for this country. Now the only hope we have is in making sure Republicans win all elections and the moonbat snowflakes are shut up and silenced. Thank God we have the Supreme Court.

We have no official language in America.
That is irrelevant. If you are here, don't speak English, and don't care to learn it, that is your prerogative but don't ask for others to jump through hoops to accommodate you.
For example: If I moved to France I would not expect to have everything said/ written in English because I am too damn lazy to learn French.

At one time I really believed there was hope for this country. Now the only hope we have is in making sure Republicans win all elections and the moonbat snowflakes are shut up and silenced. Thank God we have the Supreme Court.
Not completely. The NC ruling shows that it sometimes protects democracy.

That is irrelevant. If you are here, don't speak English, and don't care to learn it, that is your prerogative but don't ask for others to jump through hoops to accommodate you.
For example: If I moved to France I would not expect to have everything said/ written in English because I am too damn lazy to learn French.

Non-native English speaking immigrants to America DO "care to learn it." Most work harder at doing so than YOU have ever worked at anything. It seems YOU "are too damn lazy" to learn about history and the immigrant experience in America.

Forum List

Back