Enemy of the People, indeed.

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Trump's bloviating about the press reminded me of one of my favorite plays - "An Enemy of the People", by Henrik Ibsen. It cover so many relevant political topics, but here is my favorite quote:

"I proclaim it now! I am a revolutionist! I am in revolt against the age-old lie that the majority is always right! Was the majority right when they stood by while Jesus was crucified? Was the majority right when they refused to believe that the earth moved around the sun and let Galileo be driven to his knees like a dog? It takes fifty years for the majority to be right. The majority is never right until it does right. . Before many can know something, one must know it! It's always the same. Rights are sacred until it hurts for someone to use them."

Animal farm covers trump quite well as the loony leader is trump. Also catch 22 is close to trump.

Animal farm covers trump quite well as the loony leader is trump. Also catch 22 is close to trump.

An Enemy of the People - is more about politics in general. It doesn't really apply to Trump. I was just reminded of it by his use of the phrase.

Forum List

Back