Enders Game in theaters 11/1/13

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
If you're unfamiliar with the Sci-Fi book franchise by Orson Scott Card, you have time to read it prior to the movie coming out in about 2.5 months.

I just saw some of the trailers and it looks awesome with Harrison Ford playing Graff. The "unique" thing about the film franchise is two things.

The first and much less significant thing is that Harrison Ford is playing Graff--as I sated--but I saw on IMDB that his assistant in the movie is played by an actor named Han Soto. This has to be some sort of joke or crazy coincidence.

The second and much more significant thing about Ender's Game is that the first book was a relatively minor work. If the movies follow the books in any way shape or form, the 3rd or 4th movie in the franchise should have to do with actual earthbound conflicts and were much more compelling than the Battle School based Enders game.

I didn't read the books but listened to them on CD. The series is fun, compelling, a total immersion into a world you can't really believe but works well as an excercise which I think is the best sort of fiction.

If you're a movie-goer and invest time in watching all the films in a franchise, I think you should invest some time in listening to the masterfully told stories on CD before seeing the movie so you become more familiar with Petra, Bean, Valentine. Because the story only gets bigger and bolder from here.

Forum List

Back