Endangered Ca. Salt Marsh Harvest Mouse making slow comeback?

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Is Endangered species due human land development and rising waters caused by AGW:

http://www.epa.gov/espp/factsheets/salt-marshharvest-mouse.pdf
Reithrodontomys raviventris
The salt marsh harvest mouse is an endangered species. Endangered species are
plants and animals that are in immediate danger of becoming extinct.

Published on Oct 9, 2014

Climate change and resulting rising sea levels threaten a number of dwindling species in the San Francisco Bay Area. A new restoration project transforms industrial salt ponds into thriving marshland habitats to provide a new home for rodents, birds and fish. The NewsHour’s Cat Wise reports on another benefit: increased flood protection for human residents.

Please refrain from trolling this thread as it is meant for adult discussion

Is Endangered species due human land development and rising waters caused by AGW:

http://www.epa.gov/espp/factsheets/salt-marshharvest-mouse.pdf
Reithrodontomys raviventris
The salt marsh harvest mouse is an endangered species. Endangered species are
plants and animals that are in immediate danger of becoming extinct.

Published on Oct 9, 2014

Climate change and resulting rising sea levels threaten a number of dwindling species in the San Francisco Bay Area. A new restoration project transforms industrial salt ponds into thriving marshland habitats to provide a new home for rodents, birds and fish. The NewsHour’s Cat Wise reports on another benefit: increased flood protection for human residents.

Please refrain from trolling this thread as it is meant for adult discussion

So long as they do not drink any of the water. That belongs to the sucker fish. Priorities.

I'll try my best to behave as an adult here...

It does weaken my heart to see what humans have wrought upon this planet.

Yet we too are a species.

And it appears to me that the humans who are mostly punished in the form of environmental and economic sanctions (i.e. regulations and taxes) are the ones most successful in mitigating the effect of population and industry upon localized environments.

Developed industrialized nations such as the United States have the most stringent of environmental laws, while underdeveloped third-world nations scoff at such.

And yet- we are the ones paying the price for their shortcomings.

And this... is not fine.

Everything is interconnected in the web of life. One doesn't have to eliminate other species in order to exist.

Everything is interconnected in the web of life. One doesn't have to eliminate other species in order to exist.

Tell that to the people who gave sucker fish the water rights over human beings. Forget the "interconnected web" angle - Dot Com - The truth is man was created in Gods image - not the image of an ape - a sucker fish or a mouse - we are God's greatest creation - made in His Image and as such we are not a "species" but rather the ones give dominion over all species of animal - fishes of the sea - fowl of the air - see Genesis 1:26 and Psalm 8 and realize there is a huge difference between mankind and the rest of "creation"... thanks.

Note - Darwin is the spiritual father to Karl Marx - founder of religion of Communism...

Last edited:
I am strongly against glue traps and tell others not to use them. I'm doing my part for the mice. ( imo )

Tell that to the people who gave sucker fish the water rights over human beings. Forget the "interconnected web" angle - Dot Com - The truth is man was created in Gods image - not the image of an ape - a sucker fish or a mouse - we are God's greatest creation - made in His Image and as such we are not a "species" but rather the ones give dominion over all species of animal - fishes of the sea - fowl of the air - see Genesis 1:26 and Psalm 8 and realize there is a huge difference between mankind and the rest of "creation"... thanks.
This isn't the religion sub-forum :talktothehand:

You called mankind a species as if we were part of Darwin's evolution lie. I am merely stating the facts, Dot. As for the mice - I believe in taking care of our environment - I also believe in balance. As you have a cat in your avatar you must get that concept on some level - although putting him in a costume should be considered cruelty to animals in my opinion........

I'll try my best to behave as an adult here...

It does weaken my heart to see what humans have wrought upon this planet.

Yet we too are a species.

And it appears to me that the humans who are mostly punished in the form of environmental and economic sanctions (i.e. regulations and taxes) are the ones most successful in mitigating the effect of population and industry upon localized environments.

Developed industrialized nations such as the United States have the most stringent of environmental laws, while underdeveloped third-world nations scoff at such.

And yet- we are the ones paying the price for their shortcomings.

And this... is not fine.

A great example of that would be China, Mr. H. They have polluted their environment so badly they cannot even see the sun over there -it is a huge smog haze - imagine living in such a horrific place - then there is Russia and they are not much better in the polluting of their environment which is why I believe Bush Jr. didn't want to sign the Kyoto agreement because the very worst offenders would not. I don't believe in global warming but I most definitely believe we should take care of our environment - forests, waters, air, etc.

Of course not, but does this mouse perform some function no other rodent does?

Sorry I really don't give a crap about a sub species of mouse that differs from the mouse 10 miles away because of some insignificant difference in appearance.

And H! I am being just as respectful of Dorothy's request as I can. More than it deserves.

Forum List

Back