Endangered Ca. Salt Marsh Harvest Mouse making slow comeback?

Everything is interconnected in the web of life. One doesn't have to eliminate other species in order to exist.

There's nothing untoward about extinction. It happens every day on planet earth, and in nearly every case it has nothing to do with man.

There is a balance though - in that we have to take care of our planet and not trash it with chemicals - these huge corporations that dump chemical waste in the water supply - ocean liners dumping their trash in the ocean - dumping materials that birds and other animals get trapped in and die - that isn't right either. Those things DO have to do with man and something needs to be done about it. imo.

Everything is interconnected in the web of life. One doesn't have to eliminate other species in order to exist.
Of course not, but does this mouse perform some function no other rodent does?

Sorry I really don't give a crap about a sub species of mouse that differs from the mouse 10 miles away because of some insignificant difference in appearance.

And H! I am being just as respectful of Dorothy's request as I can. More than it deserves.

I think Mr. H. cares about the environment. I think Dot is more concerned about his religion of Communism flourishing - keep the absurd going and keep restricting - regulating until the 4th branch of Government literally crushes the other 3 that are legitimate! The problem with the EPA and their regulations is that when it came to catastrophes such as the oil spill in Gulf - they were no where to be found - silent as a mouse. (no pun intended) Regulations are the silent killer - in Big Government - read Pruning the Fourth Branch by Al Lee and you'll find that this is how the liberals managed to get away with so much - regulations, regulations, regulations... hello EPA....

None of it makes any sense because it isn't supposed to - it is all about destabilizing America. They are doing just that.

Is Endangered species due human land development and rising waters caused by AGW:

http://www.epa.gov/espp/factsheets/salt-marshharvest-mouse.pdf
Reithrodontomys raviventris
The salt marsh harvest mouse is an endangered species. Endangered species are
plants and animals that are in immediate danger of becoming extinct.

Published on Oct 9, 2014

Climate change and resulting rising sea levels threaten a number of dwindling species in the San Francisco Bay Area. A new restoration project transforms industrial salt ponds into thriving marshland habitats to provide a new home for rodents, birds and fish. The NewsHour’s Cat Wise reports on another benefit: increased flood protection for human residents.

Please refrain from trolling this thread as it is meant for adult discussion

So called "climate change" or "rising waters" (which isn't happening to a measurable degree in the salt marshes) has nothing to do with the little critters problems. Even your supplied link doesn't mention global warming as a cause but instead accurately lays the blame at mans reclamation of the wetlands. There used to be over 120,000 acres of wetlands and man has reduced that to under 35,000 acres.

Why are you so incapable of stating the facts?

Tell that to the people who gave sucker fish the water rights over human beings. Forget the "interconnected web" angle - Dot Com - The truth is man was created in Gods image - not the image of an ape - a sucker fish or a mouse - we are God's greatest creation - made in His Image and as such we are not a "species" but rather the ones give dominion over all species of animal - fishes of the sea - fowl of the air - see Genesis 1:26 and Psalm 8 and realize there is a huge difference between mankind and the rest of "creation"... thanks.

Note - Darwin is the spiritual father to Karl Marx - founder of religion of Communism...
Keep your mythology and sky pixies out of this discussion. It wouldn't be Her will for humans to crowd-out kill other species anyway.

Sorry I really don't give a crap about a sub species of mouse that differs from the mouse 10 miles away because of some insignificant difference in appearance.

And H! I am being just as respectful of Dorothy's request as I can. More than it deserves.

I think Mr. H. cares about the environment. I think Dot is more concerned about his religion of Communism flourishing - keep the absurd going and keep restricting - regulating until the 4th branch of Government literally crushes the other 3 that are legitimate! The problem with the EPA and their regulations is that when it came to catastrophes such as the oil spill in Gulf - they were no where to be found - silent as a mouse. (no pun intended) Regulations are the silent killer - in Big Government - read Pruning the Fourth Branch by Al Lee and you'll find that this is how the liberals managed to get away with so much - regulations, regulations, regulations... hello EPA....

None of it makes any sense because it isn't supposed to - it is all about destabilizing America. They are doing just that.
link? Stop blathering in my threads & making ad homs missy :eusa_hand: Either bring linked assertions to the table or GTFO :bye1:

Why hasn't the mouse evolved to adapt to its new environment

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Should humans go out of their way to assure the destruction of a harmless sub-species or rodent? No.

Should humans attempt to mitigate the potential man caused extinction of a harmless sub-species of rodent? Probably.

Should humans measurably harm other humans to accomplish said mitigation? No.

its due to human overpopulation & consequential encroachment Frank1400PennAve.

Why haven't the critters evolved to handle humans yet? They should be spitting Ebola laced bullets from mini AK-47 attached to their rodent ears....if "Evolution" actually worked as alleged

link? Stop blathering in my threads & making ad homs missy :eusa_hand: Either bring linked assertions to the table or GTFO :bye1:
you blather in everyone elses threads.....so why should there be none in yours?...

its due to human overpopulation & consequential encroachment Frank1400PennAve.

Why haven't the critters evolved to handle humans yet? They should be spitting Ebola laced bullets from mini AK-47 attached to their rodent ears....if "Evolution" actually worked as alleged
:neutral:

everything is interconnected Frank1400PennAve. They are just part of the web of life. Start eliminating species from that web & bad things start happening.

Overpopulation? Perhaps... I'm sure we would all be far better off without about 40 or 50 million brain dead LIBERALS.

Another fine example for Crick's list of deniers-wishing-death-on-people. It's an extremely violent cult, the Deniers.
It's a joke, for Christ's sake! Dot Com is all worked up over a damned mouse but apparently thinks his lord and master is handling the ebola epidemic properly.
Sorry, but that is just plain stupid. He and dweeb and others like him bring down the collective intelligence quotient of the country by 20 points.

Anyone watch the News Hour vid in the OP? Its very well produced & documented. 8 mins long. deniers prolly won't watch it because it is aired on the eEveel Public Broadcasting Network :scared1:

Forum List

Back