End of an era: Tommy Ramone has left us for punk heaven

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I cried this morning. For those that don't know me, I used to be in the music business a long time ago and when I jumped from just promoting artists to management the Ramones gave one of my bands and I such a boost in profile when Joey asked if my band the Forgotten Rebels could open for them. They were really great that way. Always helping out others in the business.

RIP Tommy. Thanks for all the fun. It was one of the best nights of my life.

1405163304004-d-mov-ramones-dcov-221.jpg

Last edited:
They were legends. Among my personal highlights is playing with my band in CBGB's, where the RAMONES played. I saw them live one time in the 80's and I knew I was watching legends.

All gone so young. They went out like Rock Stars rather than many who don't realize they are way too old to play the young peoples game of rock.

"4! 5! 6! 7! All good Cretins go to Heaven!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ymeuOz0hZU]Ramones - Cretin Hop - YouTube[/ame]

They were legends. Among my personal highlights is playing with my band in CBGB's, where the RAMONES played. I saw them live one time in the 80's and I knew I was watching legends.

All gone so young. They went out like Rock Stars rather than many who don't realize they are way too old to play the young peoples game of rock.

You played CBGB's? Yeah! My bands rocked Larry's in Toronto and Hill's place. Probably crossed our paths at one point in time. Big deal to come down to play NYC. I spent many a strange night in the city :lol:

Just a quick aside, I put it up when Joey passed. I never saw a man with longer legs than him. When I met him in Larry's and he pulled me aside I just remember trying not to lose my composure. He loved my band the Forgotten Rebels and asked me if they could open for him. Aye carumba. The Ramones made punk fun for parents. I'm babbling on in memories. Apologies. It just hurts that Tommy is gone.

You played CBGB's? Yeah! My bands rocked Larry's in Toronto and Hill's place. Probably crossed our paths at one point in time. Big deal to come down to play NYC. I spent many a strange night in the city :lol:

Played there about seven times between 1987 and 1990. People who've never been there would never realize what a small venue it was. I saw some amazing bands there throughout the 80's. I missed the really early days, too young.

Forum List

Back