"End of America" TV is all the rage...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Seems the wet dreams of hollywood are seeping into their work more and more.

http://drudgereport.com/flashdv.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN NOV 27 2005 17:05:23 ET XXXXX

NETWORKS PLAN 'END OF AMERICA' SHOWS

The TV networks are getting edgier in their '06 pilot plans.

The nets have filled their development slates with a bevy of brave ideas and bold format experiments, VARIETY reports on Monday, including shows about THE END OF AMERICA!

ABC alone has at least two would-be shows set in post-apocalyptic America ("Resistance" and "Red & Blue") while Gavin Polone and Bruce Wagner are teaming for the comfy-sounding plague drama "Four Horsemen" at CBS (which also is developing "Jericho," about life in a small town after America is destroyed). (just love those small town values in a post apocalyptic world)

Says Fox exec VP Craig Erwich: "The creative community appears to be really inspired this year," he says. "It was an exciting time to be buying. I came away pretty encouraged about network TV."

Developing...

Havent these people learned from the movie industry. Post apocalyptic scenarios dont sell. Escape from NY/LA. Mad Max. The Postman. Waterworld. All cool movies in their own right, but they dont make money. I guess theyll learn that the hard way especially if the liberal bull is dialed up a notch as im sure it will be.

Fallout. Fallout is the only good thing I can think of that came out of the post-apocalypse genre, though there are a few good anime series out there, like Wolf's Rain and Trigun.

Hobbit said:
Fallout. Fallout is the only good thing I can think of that came out of the post-apocalypse genre, though there are a few good anime series out there, like Wolf's Rain and Trigun.

I put anime on a different level. Anime has no boundaries in my mind as far as what they come up with. Most of their stuff is based on japan anyway so any politics that might be embedded, i dont get anyway.

Forum List

Back