End Green Energy Subsidies Now!

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Green energy has always been more expensive than traditional fuels. Which is why the industry wouldn't exist without extensive gov't subsidies. Those subsidies cost taxpayers real money and distort the market for energy. Wind power has been subsidized since the 1980s (maybe more)..
Especially now with oil prices plunging due to increased production (take that, you "we're running out of oil" milquetoasts) the difference between green and traditional energy is even more.
Time to pull the plug on this expensive waste of taxpayer resource.

Green energy has always been more expensive than traditional fuels. Which is why the industry wouldn't exist without extensive gov't subsidies. Those subsidies cost taxpayers real money and distort the market for energy. Wind power has been subsidized since the 1980s (maybe more)..
Especially now with oil prices plunging due to increased production (take that, you "we're running out of oil" milquetoasts) the difference between green and traditional energy is even more.
End all subsidies to everyone and everything.

Including you and your business.

Somehow political idiocy irritates me more than run of the mill idiocy. (Green) Peace out.

End all subsidies to everyone and everything.

Including you and your business.
I dont get any subsidies. BUt thanks for trying.

Let's turn every road into a toll road. I mean, why are our taxes going to pay for the paving and upkeep of roads we never drive on. Let's see what happens when people have to pay directly to get their streets paved.
How is that even relevant to the OP?
Do you support subsidies for green power or not?

Let's turn every road into a toll road. I mean, why are our taxes going to pay for the paving and upkeep of roads we never drive on. Let's see what happens when people have to pay directly to get their streets paved.

The roads would get paved.

Yeah, what a great idea Rabbi!
Respiratory diseases are on the rise and Respiratory Therapist are in demand.
===================================================
Best Health Care Jobs
Respiratory Therapist

Respiratory Therapist Job Overview Best Jobs US News Careers
AIR QUALITY
http://www.lung.org/assets/documents/publications/solddc-chapters/air-quality.pdf
=====================================================
Yup, I think this country should go backwards and go with ancient technology. Let's not move forward to make a better life of us, our children and our future generations!
This is what it means to "take our country back"?

The Surprising Reason That Oil Subsidies Persist Even Liberals Love Them - Forbes
whistling.gif

If you were to survey people and ask the question “Should we subsidize oil companies?” — the overwhelming majority would undoubtedly respond “ No!” The idea that we are subsidizing oil companies generates outrage in many people, but in this article I will show why these subsidies aren’t going to go away any time soon. The reason may surprise you.
graphics-laughing-320375.gif

You are wrong!

Best Health Care Jobs
Respiratory Therapist
AIR QUALITY
http://www.lung.org/assets/documents/publications/solddc-chapters/air-quality.pdf
Yup, I think this country should go backwards and go with ancient technology. Let's not move forward to make a better life of us, our children and our future generations!
So are you in favor of wasteful corporate welfare to green energy producers or not? I can't tell from your garble.

While you are in favor of wasteful corporate welfare for oil/gas companies.

tumblr_ls9o9pWVV41r0ojhto1_500.gif

Best Health Care Jobs
Respiratory Therapist
AIR QUALITY
So are you in favor of wasteful corporate welfare to green energy producers or not? I can't tell from your garble.

While you are in favor of wasteful corporate welfare for oil/gas companies.

tumblr_ls9o9pWVV41r0ojhto1_500.gif

Best Health Care Jobs
Respiratory Therapist
AIR QUALITY

ditto ...end subsidies to oil companies who show quarterly profits exceeding $12 billion dollars.

Under a true free market there are no subsidies or market barriers. Green energy subsidies are what help the US become more energy independent, and fund renewable energy sources. They are more beneficial than subsides to fossil fuels, which will run out by the end of the century. If America gets rid of any subsidies however, agriculture subsidies and oil subsidies cost America the most.

Best Health Care Jobs
Respiratory Therapist
AIR QUALITY

That "garble" was simplistic enough that a grade schooler could figure it out.
And yeah, we should invest in energy technology research for the long-term welfare of our country's citizens.

Best Health Care Jobs
Respiratory Therapist
AIR QUALITY

That "garble" was simplistic enough that a grade schooler could figure it out.
And yeah, we should invest in energy technology research for the long-term welfare of our country's citizens.
Well that wasnt really my question. So I guess you need to find a grade schooler to help you with my posts.

The US subsidizes wind power for example in the billions every year. They siubsidize ethanol as well btw in a variety fo ways.
With cheaper traditional fuel the gap in cost will get bigger and bigger. Should we continue to subsidize green energy when the money could be better spent on other things. Like making sure we have a military capable of fighting wars.

Forum List

Back